Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treaty of Hudabiya, Osama bin Laden and the Taliban

Hadith 5.553 Narrated by Al Bara

When the Prophet went out for the 'Umra in the month of Dhal-Qa'da, the people of Mecca did not allow him to enter Mecca till he agreed to conclude a peace treaty with them by virtue of which he would stay in Mecca for three days only (in the following year). When the agreement was being written, the Muslims wrote: "This is the peace treaty, which Muhammad, Apostle of Allah has concluded."

The infidels said (to the Prophet), "We do not agree with you on this, for if we knew that you are Apostle of Allah we would not have prevented you for anything (i.e. entering Mecca, etc.), but you are Muhammad, the son of 'Abdullah." Then he said to 'Ali, "Erase (the name of) 'Apostle of Allah'." 'Ali said, "No, by Allah, I will never erase you (i.e. your name)." Then Allah's Apostle took the writing sheet...and he did not know a better writing, and he wrote or got it written the following: "This is the peace treaty which Muhammad, the son of 'Abdullah, has concluded: Muhammad should not bring arms into Mecca except sheathed swords, and should not take with him any person of the people of Mecca even if such a person wanted to follow him, and if any of his companions wants to stay in Mecca, he should not forbid him."
    (In the next year) when the Prophet entered Mecca and the allowed period of stay elapsed, the infidels came to Ali and said, "Tell your companion (Muhammad) to go out, as the allowed period of his stay has finished." So the Prophet departed (from Mecca) and the daughter of Hamza followed him shouting "O Uncle, O Uncle!" Ali took her by the hand and said to Fatima, "Take the daughter of your uncle." So she made her ride (on her horse). (When they reached Medina) 'Ali, Zaid and Ja'far quarreled about her. 'Ali said, "I took her for she is the daughter of my uncle." Ja'far said, "She is the daughter of my uncle and her aunt is my wife." Zaid said, "She is the daughter of my brother." On that, the Prophet gave her to her aunt and said, "The aunt is of the same status as the mother." He then said to 'Ali, "You are from me, and I am from you," and said to Ja'far, "You resemble me in appearance and character," and said to Zaid, "You are our brother and our freed slave." 'Ali said to the Prophet -Won't you marry the daughter of Hamza?" The Prophet said, "She is the daughter of my foster brother."
    -------------

Hadith 3.891
    Narrated by Al Miswar bin Makhrama and Marwan

...When the Prophet returned to Medina, Abu Basir, a new Muslim convert from Quraish came to him. The infidels sent in his pursuit two men who said (to the Prophet ), "Abide by the promise you gave us." So, the Prophet handed him over to them...

(the whole hadith was very long).

-----------

Now how does this realate to Osama and the Taliban. It is just that during the time of the signing of the treaty out Prophet Mohammed (saw) did not force the treaty to be signed as "Mohammed Rasool Allah" but agreed to the Meccans demands that he use "Mohammed son of Abdullah". At this time Omer (ra) became upset and wanted that the Prophet not sign the treaty. As we konw that what Omer (ra) was feeling was sheer emotion and was not thinking about the future.

There is another clause in the treaty which realtes to Muslims in Mecca and they were not allowed to come to Medican and if they did then they would have to be returned back. Now the prophet refused to break the treaty over one Muslim because the value of the treaty was very important. So improtant that he actully sent back a man who converted in Mecca and fled to Medina.

How is this realted to the current situation? Well i think that at moments like this we have to look at the stability of Pakistan and the Muslim Ummah. I believe that the Muslim Ummah needs a strong Pakistan, Pakistan strong militarily and economicly. If Pakistan sides with the Taliban then the US will still attack Pakistan but now India and Isreal will also be involved in the attacks. So inorder to reduce the effectiveness of one enemy the effect of the other enemy has to be nutralised. If its Pakistan + Taliban vs. US, India and Isreal, we will not win. Right now the US has no real targets in Afghanistan but Pakistan has real targets in it. It has 140 Million people. It has an infrastructure and so on. In both cases Afghanistan is going to be attacked. If we stay with the US we can exert our influence and hope for a better result. In the other case we become their targets.

Think, what whould you do?

well said
    I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures.

Comment

I do agree with you Topee Wala. This point is valid.

------------------
      “na maiN momin vich masiitaaN, na maiN muusaa, na fir'aun!”
      Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

The Treaty of Hudaibiyah has absolutely no relation to what you have written.

The Prophet(saw) did not do anything haram by removing his title.

Pakistan is not adhering to a treaty.

A traitorous Pakistan is not what the Ummah needs.

49:10 The believers are nothing else than brothers

The Prophet(saw) said "The Muslim is the brother of another Muslim, he does not oppress him, forsake him nor hate him"

By disobeying Allah(swt) we cannot hope to achieve anything better.

If you think that there is a power greater than Allah(swt) then let me know.

The solution is uniting the two lands of Pakistan and Afghanistan and reestablishing the khilafah.

As soon as the khilafah is established you will see a domino effect where the corrupt regimes will be toppled by their own people. Thousands of people will embrace Islam when they see the justice of the Islamic system. We don't need a taleban state we need a state based on the teachings of the Prophet(saw).

Comment

And you HT guys give me a bloody headache with your warped interpretation of Islam.

------------------
          Our's not to reason why,
          Our's but to do and die:
          You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

The Treaty Of Al-Hudaybiyah

Allah’s Messenger entered into long and delicate negotiations with Suhayl ibn ‘Amr about the truce and its conditions. The negotiations proved to be hard at times and were threatened with collapse had it not been for the shrewdness of the Messenger of Allah . The Muslims followed the developments closely and thought that the negotiations were about the ‘umrah, whereas the Messenger of Allah was all along aiming at securing a truce. The Muslims were therefore irritated, but Allah’s Messenger thought this to be a blessing, for he conducted the negotiation the way he wanted, regardless of the details and short term benefits. A deal was struck between the two sides once certain specific conditions had been laid down. These conditions triggered the anger of the Muslims and they tried to persuade the Messenger of Allah to reject them and resort instead to war. ‘Umar jumped up and went to Abu Bakr saying, "Why should we agree to what is demeaning to our deen?" ‘Umar tried to force Abu Bakr to go with him to persuade the Messenger of Allah not to accept the terms. Abu Bakr, however, tried to dissuade him from pursuing such an initiative, but to no avail. ‘Umar ended up going to Allah’s Messenger on his own. He spoke to him and expressed his anger and exasperation. However, that did not diminish Allah’s Messenger’s determination and perseverance, he told ‘Umar, "I am Allah’s servant and His Messenger, I shall not go against His commandment and He will not make me the loser."

In drawing up the treaty, the Messenger of Allah summoned ‘Ali ibn Abi Talib and told him to write, "In the name of Allah, ar-Rahman ar-Raheem." Suhayl said, "Hold it! I do not recognise ar-Rahman ar-Raheem, but write ‘In your name, O my Lord’." The Messenger of Allah told ‘Ali to write the latter and he did so. Then he said, "Write ‘This is what Muhammad the Messenger of Allah has agreed with Suhayl ibn ‘Amr’." Suhayl said, "Hold it! If I witnessed that you were Allah’s Messenger I would not have fought you. Write your own name and the name of you father." The Messenger of Allah said, "Write ‘This is what Muhammad ibn ‘Abdullah has agreed with Suhayl ibn ‘Amr’." After these opening lines the treaty between the two sides was written comprising the following clauses:

1. To lay aside from war and refrain from hostilities during the period of the truce.

2. If anyone from Quraysh embraced Islam and came to Muhammad without the permission of his guardian, he would return him to them, and if anyone from those with Muhammad came to Quraysh they need not return him to Muhammad.

3. Whosoever wished from amongst the Arabs to enter into an alliance with Muhammad could do so, and he who wished to enter into an alliance with Quraysh could do so.

4. The Muslims and Muhammad’s companions had to retire from Makkah that year to return the following year when they would be free to enter Makkah and stay there three nights. They would be allowed to carry swords in their sheaths and nothing more.

5. The treaty was for a limited period of time, ten years from the date of its conclusion.

The Messenger of Allah and Suhayl signed the treaty amidst the agitation and anger of the Muslim army. Suhayl returned to Makkah leaving the Messenger of Allah disturbed and exasperated by the reaction of the Muslims. He felt awkward (and depressed) about the stand of the Muslims, their eagerness and zeal to fight, and he went to his wife Umm Salma who was accompanying him and confessed to her his anguish. She said to him, "O Messenger of Allah, verily the Muslims will not disobey you, they only are zealous about their deen and their Iman in Allah and your Message, do shave your head and slaughter your animals and you will find that the Muslims will follow suit, then march with them back to Madinah." The Messenger of Allah came out and shaved his head, marking the ‘umrah after which he felt calm and satisfied. When the Muslims saw him in that state they leapt up slaughtered the animals and shaved their heads. Then Allah’s Messenger returned with the Muslims to Madinah. When they were half way back the surah al-Fath came down. Allah’s Messenger recited it all and it was then that everyone realised that the treaty of Hudaybiyah was indeed a clear victory for the Muslims.

As soon as the Muslims had arrived in Madinah the Messenger of Allah began drawing up plans to exterminate the existence of Khaybar and to spread the Message of Islam beyond the Arabian Peninsula whilst strengthening Islam within it. He wanted to take advantage of his truce with Quraysh to concentrate on abolishing a few pockets of resistance and to establish foreign ties. The treaty enabled him to achieve this. The Messenger of Allah managed to carry out the plan that he had so shrewdly pieced together under the pretext of performing the hajj. Despite all the various difficulties and obstacles, he managed to achieve all the political goals he had wanted to achieve. Therefore, without a shadow of a doubt the treaty of Hudaybiyah was a great victory. Some of its achievements were:

1. The Messenger of Allah managed to create public opinion for the Message of Islam among the Arabs in general and among Quraysh in particular. This enhanced the respect of the Muslims and diminished that of Quraysh.

2. The belief and trust of the Muslims in Allah’s Messenger was demonstrated. It proved that the Iman of the Muslims was unshakable, their courage and readiness to sacrifice themselves were second to none.

3. The Muslims learnt that political manoeuvres were an effective means to promote the Islamic da‘wah.

4. The Muslims who remained in Makkah among the disbelievers formed a pocket within the enemy’s stronghold.

5. The Hudaybiyah treaty demonstrated that the method in politics is derived from the same thought (source), truthfulness and faithfulness, however, the means have to be coupled with shrewdness, this can be achieved by concealing the means and the real aims from the enemy.

We must remeber one thing, and that is that the treaty was conducted by the prophet(saw) who was at the time the head of the new Islamic state.

what is Musharaf head of, a nationalistic, democratic kufr system not based upon Islam what so ever. so how can we make comparison between this treaty and the coward Musharaf.

Muhammed Kauser

Comment

Originally posted by muhammed kauser:

The Treaty Of Al-Hudaybiyah
              2. If anyone from Quraysh embraced Islam and came to Muhammad without the permission of his guardian, he would return him to them, and if anyone from those with Muhammad came to Quraysh they need not return him to Muhammad.

We must remeber one thing, and that is that the treaty was conducted by the prophet(saw) who was at the time the head of the new Islamic state.

what is Musharaf head of, a nationalistic, democratic kufr system not based upon Islam what so ever. so how can we make comparison between this treaty and the coward Musharaf.

Muhammed Kauser

Neither is Musharraf a kaffir nor is Pakistan NOT a Muslim Ccountry. By what you propose Pakistan is a Kafir state so whatever we do is not realted to islam and no islamic argument can be used against any Pakistani policy since it is all haram to begin with. I guess you live outside Pakistan. What has HT give the muslim ummah. The example i was trying to draw was that the prophet (saw) sacrificed any Muslims who wanted to come to him after the treaty and not give them refuge, but return them. My dear friends, Pakistan is not a nationalistic state. That much you have considered. If pakistan was created for the Pakistanis then it would be a nationalisitic state. But the problem with that theory is that Pakistanis never existed before 14th Aug 1947. So for whom was the nation of Pakistan created? For the punjabis, For eastern Indians? For the sindhis or Pathans or Maybe Balochis or might it be for the Bengalis? I dont think it was created for any of them. It was created for Muslims. Simple as that. There are only 2 non-nationalistic states inthe world, Isreal and Pakistan. You HT ppl...all you do is cry and never do anything real. What has the HT accomplished. What has Pakistan accomplished... a lot more then the HT.

Now the state in which Medina was at the time of prophet (saw) and the time of Pakistan right now is exactly the same. There are two main foes, US/Isreal and India. Before there were 2 main foes as well, the Quraish and the Jews. Now all this is a treaty with the US to counter any threat from the Indians which would be quite imminent if we were supporting the Taleban all the way. There are some unfavourable terms, yes but there were unfavourable terms in the treaty of Hudaybiya.

HT belives that since Pakistan is not a Khilafat then all is wrong and everything we do is wrong. I beg to differ. Pakistan is a state whose sole purpose is to be a nation of many races and nationalities all gatered under the flag of Islam. Similarly there was a Hijrah. The 2nd Hijrah of Islam. The biggest Hijrah in the world. And even now, the govt may be corrupt but our heart is in the right place. We need to improve, yes, become better muslims, make our political system for the better but It is the fortress of Islam, as Musharraf (who you think is evil) said.

All HT ever does is complain. Learn to use the resourses you have and learn to accomodate others. Learn to think of the future before urinating over anything that goes on in the world and declaring it unislamic.

I have one question:
              Was prophet Mohammed (saw) a cowerd when he accted the term of the treaty of Hudaybiya which you quoted and is given below:
              "If anyone from Quraysh embraced Islam and came to Muhammad without the permission of his guardian, he would return him to them, and if anyone from those with Muhammad came to Quraysh they need not return him to Muhammad."?

My ans is NO. He (saw) was thinking of the future of Muslims. Similarly if you are in Musharrafs position and you look at the example of the prohpet in this situation you fill find that you would have done the same thing.

That is all I have to say. I was never against the HT and I must say that I have a lot of their liturature as well but I came to the conclusion that their approch is extreamly un practicle and their condemnation is also not commendable.

As the prophet indicates, and we should go by his example, that sometimes under extream circumstances it is possible to not support other muslims for the saftey and future of the majority. And since we are obligated to follow his advice (but HT belives that since all regims are un-islamic they dont need to) we have to analyse any decision that we may make which affects the security, integrity and future of the majority of Muslims.

Comment

And to re-inforce my argument: 2-translations of the same ayat

Surah 3 Ayah 28

Yusuf Ali

Let not the believers take for friends or helpers unbelievers rather than believers; if any do that in nothing will there be help from Allah; except by way of precaution that ye may guard yourselves from them. But Allah cautions you (to remember) Himself for the final goal is to Allah.

Pickthall

Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers. Whoso doeth that hath no connection with Allah unless (it be) that ye but guard yourselves against them, taking (as it were) security. Allah biddeth you beware (only) of Himself. Unto Allah is the journeying.

Even in this ayat, Allah permits us Muslims to make an alternate desicision when the matter of security arises for the Muslims.

Comment

And this ayat directly says that we can make friends of dis-believers instead of believer if the only purpose of this friendship is to be safe from the disbeliever.

How much simpler can it get?!!!

Comment

Inshallah topewalla, I will be back with the tafsir of that particular verse and other ayaats and hadith to proove the situation soon.

Comment

Salaam,

lets not get just take one ayaat in isolation lets look at the context there are many ayaats not only one which say it is forbidden to have any alliance with the kufar.

“O you who believe! Take not into your intimacy those outside your ranks; they will not fail to corrupt you. They only desire your ruin: rank hatred has already appeared from their mouths; what their hearts conceal is far worse. We have made plain to you the Signs if you have wisdom.”
                      [TMQ Ale-Imran: 118]

“Give tidings to the hypocrites that for them is a painful punishment. Those who take the disbelievers as (awliya) instead of believers.”
                      [TMQ An-Nisa: 138-9]

“O you who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: they are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily Allah guides not a people unjust.” [TMQ Al-Ma’idah: 51]

“The unbelievers are protectors one of another: unless you do this (protect each other) there would be tumult and oppression on earth and great mischief.”
                      [TMQ Al-Anfal: 73]

“Or think you that you Shall be abandoned as though Allah did not know those among you who strive with might and take none for friends and protectors except Allah His apostle and the (community of) believers? But Allah is well-acquainted with (all) that you do.”
                      [TMQ At-Taubah: 16]

“O you who believe! Take not for friends and protectors those who take your religion for a mockery or sport whether among those who received the Scripture before you or among those who reject faith; but fear Allah if you have Faith (indeed).”
                      [TMQ Al Ma’idah: 57]

“O you who believe! Take not My enemies and yours as friends (or protectors) offering them (your) love even though they have rejected the Truth that has come to you and have (on the contrary) driven out the Prophet and yourselves (from your homes) (simply) because you believe in Allah your Lord! If you have come out to strive in My Way and to seek My Good Pleasure (take them not as friends) holding secret converse of love (and friendship) with them: for I know full well all that you conceal and all that you reveal. And any of you that does this has strayed from the Straight Path. If they were to get the better of you they would behave to you as enemies and stretch forth their hands and their tongues against you for evil; and they desire that you should reject the Truth.”
                      [TMQ Al-Mumtahinah: 1-2]

“The likeness of those who take Auliya other than Allah is as the likeness of a spider who builds a house, but verily, the frailest of houses is the spider’s house, if they but knew” [TMQ Al-Ankabut: 41].

Abu Said narrated that the Prophet (saw) said, "You will follow the wrong ways, of your predecessors so completely and literally that if they should go into the hole of a Lizard, you too will go there." We said, "O Allah's Apostle! Do you mean the Jews and the Christians?" He replied, "Whom else?" (Meaning, of course, the Jews and the Christians
                      (Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol 4,662)

Ubaidullah narrated that Ibn 'Abbas said, "Why do you ask the people of the scripture about anything while your Book (Qur’an) which has been revealed to Allah's Apostle is newer and the latest? You read it pure, undistorted and unchanged, and Allah has told you that the people of the scripture (Jews and Christians) changed their scripture and distorted it, and wrote the scripture with their own hands and said, 'It is from Allah,' to sell it for a little gain. Does not the knowledge that has come to you prevent you from asking them about anything? No, by Allah, we have never seen any man from them asking you regarding what has been revealed to you!"
                      (Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol9, 461)

Abu Hurayrah narrated that the Messenger of Allah (saw) observed: “By Him in whose hand is the life of Mohammad, he who amongst the community of Jews or Christians hears about me, but does not affirm his belief in that with which I have been sent and dies in this state (of disbelief), he shall be but one of the denizens of Hell-Fire.”
                      (Sahih Muslim 284)

Umar ibn Al Khatab narrates that he heard the Messenger of Allah (saw) say: “I will expel the Jews and Christians from the Arabian Peninsula and will not leave any but Muslims.”
                      (Sahih Muslim 4366)

Comment

Mohammed (saw) made treaty with Quraish who were not at war with the muslims at that time.
                        He (saw) did not say I will help you Quraish to kill muslims.
                        To be honest this argument which Musharaf brought is disgusting - If anyone here believes that Rasoolullah (saw) would ever have helped kuffar against muslims then he needs to have his head read and also ask Allah for forgiveness for comparing Musharraf to the Prophet.
                        Musharaf does Tawaf around Gandhis shrine Rasoolullah (saw) lead the Muslims to the Kaaba which was opened to Islam due to his (HALAL NON-COMPROMISING) treaty of Hudaybiyah.
                        He is a coward,slave,agent etc.. and he wants us to be cowards as well. Let us not be defeated like he wants us to be, and America will not attack Pakistan this is a myth - a scare tactic given to justify his betrayal

Comment

I agree with you that it is haram to side with the non-muslims rather then muslims. I know that...

BUT...

this is under quite extream circumstances, dont you think? And does not Allah grant us the permission to make an alliance with the non-muslims if the security of the Muslims is at stake. This is a very special case and is an exception to the general rule that we are no allowed to make an alliance with the non-muslims rather then muslims. And this exception is written in the Quran and you can not disagree with that fact. What you may disagree with is the definition of security but you can not say that the Muslims are not allowed, under any circumstances, to make an alligence with the kuffar rather then Muslims. One such circumstance is discribed in the Quran 3.28 which i keep on quoting. Islam as we does does cater for us for all situations, even those situations that are extreamly criticle and we ARE allowed to make alternate decisions. To that you MUST agree and if you do not you will be disregarding the ayat of the Quran, which as we know is kuffar.

I am saying that it IS haram do make alligence with the kuffar but an exception to this rule has been declared by Allah All Mighty. Similarly in Ramadhan, if we are fasting or we are sick it is not obligatory to fast. But Fasting is fard at the same time. It is haram not to fast BUT there are clear exceptoins to this rule which are guidlined by the Quran and Sunnah.

And I belive, and i might be wrong, that what the govt of Pakistan, no matter how un-islamic or corrupt, had taken this specific decisions within the boudries of Islam and specifically with the exception to the rule described by Allah in 3.28 of his book, the Holy Quran.

Mohd Kausar bhai, I value your opinion but if you were to say that you have to fast even when you are sick, I would say that you are saying something unislamic. Similarly if you are to say that Pakistan HAS to side with the Taliban even when the existance of Pakistan is at very serious risk from being taken over by all the United Kafirs I would still argue that Since Allah has declared an exception to his rule, since Allah is all knowing and his rules cater for even the most extream of circumstances, then you my firend are saying something contrary to the Quran, which is Allah's word, itself. There I must warn you of the consequences. I have no control of what happens in the Afterlife, but from my limited knowledge i do know that disagreeing with the Quran is quite a serious matter.

If there are a 100 ayats saying that it is haram not to fast in the month of ramadhan and ONE ayat saying that you do not have to fast if you are sick then the two sides do not contradict each other. One is a genral rule and the other is an exception to that rule for a given, specific, situation.

Similarly the case with the quotations that you have given. I am not disagreeing with you. I agree with you a 100% that it is indeed HARAM to form an Alligence with the Kuffar instead of Muslims. But at the same time Allah has granted us permission in the quran that there is this specific situation in which we are allowed to choose our alligience otherwise.

If Pakistan went against the Taliban for economic, or anyother reason except vital security I would join you in condemnation of the policies of the govt. But since Allah grants us the permission to reflect on the issue under extream circumstances I do not need the genral rule of thumb, but a specific instance of that rule.

I hope you understand what I am saying. The whole argument about the treayt of hudabiya was a very weak one, i agree, but I knew in my heart there must be a way in which Allah would accomodate us and then by pure chance (or as I would say, byt he grace of Allah) it was your article that actully gave the ayat 3.28 but only the first half. And I could not believe that there was no exception to that rule, and when i opened the Quran, to my surprise I actully came right on the exception to this rule. So please do not disregard ayat 3.28 as it will benifit and comfort you in knowing that the rule of Allah caters for all situations, even when the security and integrity of a land of 150 Million Muslims, also called the Fort of Islam, The only Muslim Military power, the country created on the blessed Friday night of the 27th of Ramadhan and the only muslim country to stand for its brothers in the whole worldto all its capacity is are risk of extinction.

The bottom line is:
                          There in an exception to the rule that you, Mohd Kausar Bhai, keep on refering to. And it is due to that specific exception, by the Grace of Allmighty Allah, that the decision of the govt of Pakistan has decided to do is not un-Islamic. I dont think that there is even any room for debate for this. To me that ayat 3.28 is too beautiful in its simplicity that even a jahil like me can make this deduction from the direct translation of a specific ayat of the quran, relating specificially to the current situation that Pakistan faces. It is just to beautiful in its simplicity and its meaning. I fail to understand that you do not agree with me on this on. Once Again I will post the ayat. And this ayat, obvoiusly, does not negate any of the pervious ayats but mearly adds an exception to an existing rule:

Surah 3, Ayat 28
                          Yusuf Ali

Let not the believers take for friends or helpers unbelievers rather than believers; if any do that in nothing will there be help from Allah; except by way of precaution that ye may guard yourselves from them. But Allah cautions you (to remember) Himself for the final goal is to Allah.

Pickthall

Let not the believers take disbelievers for their friends in preference to believers. Whoso doeth that hath no connection with Allah unless (it be) that ye but guard yourselves against them, taking (as it were) security. Allah biddeth you beware (only) of Himself. Unto Allah is the journeying.

I hope by now you will realise what I am trying to say. I am armed only with ONE ayat of the quran which realtes to the specific situation that we, Pakistanis are in right now. This ayat does not disregard any previous ayat but mearly states an instance in which we are not obligated to obey the command. Just like we do not HAVE to fast when we are sick, neither do we HAVE to do Haj if we can no afford it, neither do we HAVE to pray 4 Fard during travel, neither do we have to pay zakat if we are poor and finally neither do we HAVE to choose Muslim Allies instead of Kuffar Allies when our existance is threatened by the kuffar themselves.

From now on, I refuse to debate on this topic any more. No reference you will bring will erase surah 3.28 from the quran. And neither will any ayat in the Quran negate 3.28. As I said a billion times that 3.28 is a specific instance of the genral rule which, Subhan'Allah, Allah has indeed granted us permission to do what the govt of Pakistan has done. In this Ayat, Allah talks directly to the muslims who are in position of choosing allies telling them not to choose Kafir Allies rather then Muslim Allies EXCEPT...

I pray that if I am on the wrong path, that Allah corrects me, and if I am not then Allah corrects you, because ONLY Allah knows all and our minds at most times are known to make the wrong judgements and not look at the whole picture.
                          Ameen!

Comment

Originally posted by Topee Wala:
                            And this ayat directly says that we can make friends of dis-believers instead of believer if the only purpose of this friendship is to be safe from the disbeliever.

How much simpler can it get?!!!

This is what shias call "Taqiah" or "dissemulation". It is a mercy from Allah (swt) for the protection of muslims.

Yet, why is it then that some amongst the ahl-sunnat always critize shias for their belief in Taqiah ?

ws

Comment

Originally posted by abuhisham:
                              Mohammed (saw) made treaty with Quraish who were not at war with the muslims at that time.
                              He (saw) did not say I will help you Quraish to kill muslims.
                              To be honest this argument which Musharaf brought is disgusting - If anyone here believes that Rasoolullah (saw) would ever have helped kuffar against muslims then he needs to have his head read and also ask Allah for forgiveness for comparing Musharraf to the Prophet.
                              Musharaf does Tawaf around Gandhis shrine Rasoolullah (saw) lead the Muslims to the Kaaba which was opened to Islam due to his (HALAL NON-COMPROMISING) treaty of Hudaybiyah.
                              He is a coward,slave,agent etc.. and he wants us to be cowards as well. Let us not be defeated like he wants us to be, and America will not attack Pakistan this is a myth - a scare tactic given to justify his betrayal
                              The war is against terrorists, not muslims.

Just because the happen to be muslims does not exonnerate them from punishment.

Don't hype the situation by claiming muslims are under threat.

Where were u when 5 million refugees were running to Iran and Pakistan to seek assylum, while the Taliban cared less for their citizens and more about wiping out the minute Northern Alliance ?

If, from this situation, the welfare of the general Afghan population, Pakistan, and may be even the Palestinians improves, we must the cause.

What's yr take on Aisha leading an army against Imam Ali (as) during the battle of Jamal ? Thousands of muslims lost their lives due to the conspiracies hatched against the Rightful Commander of Believers. What's yr take on that HT ?

Get a life, Caliphate pusher.

Comment

Working...
                              X