4 deaths in Karachi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 deaths in Karachi

Four muslims killed in Karachi, this is very serious development, it is not a time for us to fight, or for security to be told to quash the people, I pray worse is not to come

4 additional to then 3 earlier today???

Comment

Originally posted by Thap:
      4 additional to then 3 earlier today???
      I think its just 3 reported by BBC.

Comment

In other Muslim lands like Egypt, Syria, Jordon the police/security forces have always used dominating,suppressing tactics, so the relationship between them and the people is one of oppressor and fear.
        This however is not the usual case in Pakistan, the people have always felt secure and close to the military.
        What is happenning now is extremely serious, the instability which has been created within Pakistan is immense by Musharrafs actions to support America.
        Whatever instability Musharraf feared from not aiding America is nothing to what may occur as a result of supporting America.
        The army need not attack the public and follow the way of other regimes, instead they should listen to their conscience and their feelings which are against Musharrafs decision and are the same as the masses.
        Before anyone says something about Maulvis I would like to say that although JI called for the strike, it is the masses of Muslims who feel this way in Pakistan.
        Call your relatives in Pakistan - see how they are , whats going on, what the public feeling for this is.
        I have followed this up, Pakistan has never been like it is today. This is the view of the educated and the general masses - doctors, engineers, lawyers, teachers, IT prof, farmers, Rikshaw drivers ...

Only the Elite who love everything by the west and are blinded by the facts are pro this policy.
        In the west we have been taken away from the true reality of Paksitan, although we can talk about it as if we know eveerything.

Sometimes we become arrogant when we talk about those in Pakistan who are not educated, this does not mean that they do not understand the reality in which they live, in fact they probably know the problems of Pakistan better than we because they are living them.

Comment

abuhasib,

The bottome line what does the majority wants? IF its just a small minority causing trouble I will not be worried but if its majority thn I agree with you.

Comment

the people have always felt secure and close to the military.

First of all, if you think anyone in Pakistan feels secure in the presence of police than, regretfully, I'd have to assume that you know nothing about Pakistan. Historically in all political turmoils, police has always managed to kill some citizens and, sad as it maybe, this is neither new, nor considered serious. The security forces in this case too comprised of police and not military.

although JI called for the strike, it is the masses of Muslims who feel this way in Pakistan.

Most shop-keepers close their shops, not out of support but because of fear that the goondas in these protests will harm their business. And sure enough a few businesses in Karachi were burnt by the protestors. Some freedom of choice!

Call your relatives in Pakistan - see how they are , whats going on, what the public feeling for this is.

I did. And all my relatives are unanimous that all idiots who are currently protesting should be provided free transportation to the Pak-Afghan border and then thrown over to the other side so they can happily partake in the impending jihad alongwith their Afghan brethern. Atleast they can help the Afghan brothers in digging trenches and bomb shelters.

I have followed this up, Pakistan has never been like it is today. This is the view of the educated and the general masses - doctors, engineers, lawyers, teachers, IT prof, farmers, Rikshaw drivers ...

I am shocked at your survey-taking capabilities. So you work for Gall-up, right? Since you obviously know zilch about Pakistan, so you better read any history book and you will realize that Pakistan has been through much worse. And always came out on top. We don't need doomsday predictions from the likes of you.

Only the Elite who love everything by the west and are blinded by the facts are pro this policy.

Yesterday, you had claimed that all muslims disagree with Musharraf's policy. By inference it means that those who don't agree are non-muslims. Shame on you. You are worse than even these people.

Sometimes we become arrogant when we talk about those in Pakistan who are not educated, this does not mean that they do not understand the reality in which they live, in fact they probably know the problems of Pakistan better than we because they are living them.

We are not worried about the uneducated folks in Pakistan. They don't have complicated fantasies on how Pakistani should be governed. However, its educated folks like you, who irritate the heck out of us. Why don't you migrate to Afghanistan to fight along with your muslim brothers, instead of wasting your time on this discussion board? Just asking.

Comment

well i think that yes we should help support taliban, but protesting on the streets, forcing shop keepers to loose business, burning cars of innocent people is not going to help islam or taliban...these people are idiots and deserve to be shot for spreading fitna on earth (even ur mullahs will agree that cuz in quran it says clearly that the punishment for spreading fitna is death..) i like taliban too...and i would like to help them aswell..but me going to the streets n burning tires or throwing rocks will not help them a bit...so get some senses ...n pls thinkg b4 u jus rally behind any thing that claims to represent islam...i mean have u seen molana fazul rehman, leader of JUI?? he is sooo fat, i mean if u r so religious then y dont u follow sunna and dont eat soo much halwa....sitting down n praying 5 times a day n eating halwas is not islam...if they love taliban so much then stop doing sh!t n go fight for taliban...

Comment

this is the true nature of the ppl on the streets. they are no better than armed thugs, behaving like animals.

unfortunately, this is the base support for the religious parties in pakistan.

There were reports that a guy was lynched because he was opening his shop. Pathetic.

These mullas will keep calling the strikes and more people will die.

We know what the support for the mullas is in our country. if they had a country wide majority support, we would have had JI in power a long time ago.

[This message has been edited by nomaan (edited September 21, 2001).]

Comment

You are right about police and army difference, respect has been for the army not for the police. However the army is going to have to protect this policy as well, and the ppl will lose their respect for them as well then.
                  This is not good because the army is known to have strong Islamic emotions and tendencies in Pakistan more than any other muslim land, and they as well as the people in Pakistan will both needed in order to change Pakistans situation.
                  I do not know where you family is from in Pakistan and from what social status they are from, but without a doubt the vast majority of people are against helping America in their crusade.
                  The point of majority or minority is not the real issue here though, which is that we can not compromise Islam on this issue as many have already said.
                  We would also be naive if we thought that America was not trying to achieve its own foreign policy interests under the pretext of fighting terrorism, as many people are now saying, do not expect America to disappear from our region in any short period of time. The gulf war gave them a green light and now they have another one.

As far as Pakistan has had bigger problems before and has always come out on top. Here I have the biggest problem, it has indeed had major problems before, but when has it ever come out on top. We might be cosy ourselves where we are even our families may be, but for the vast majority within Pakistan they have never been out on top. They have never had a government which has sincerely fostered its affairs.
                  Also the current problem is different from previous as this is internal strife, the enemy of the ppl is and will be as days go on their own government. Before our enemy (mainly India) was an external enemy which naturaly had the affect of rallying and uniting the people.
                  If you study and think about the problem you will see the dangers, indeed every one around the world is already discussing them.

The only solution for Pakistan and all of the Muslim lands is the Khilafah system, which will be capable and a practical solution for all human problems faced (poverty,military,education,cultur,economic) not over night but Islam does provide the correct detailed solutions.
                  The khilafah is not a theocratic state but a human one, it will not misunderstand the difference between hadarah (culture) and Madaniyyah (civilisation,technology) as others have done which portrays their back wardness. It would seek to be a leader in every field as proven by the glorious Islamic history, we will utilise technology and develop it and a remarkable pace because we will have a vision of the world and not one confined within borders or confined by America and its policy.
                  I think the Khilafah has been misunderstood, my advice, do not see it through the worlds current reality as it is a unique system, not democratic and not monarchical.

Comment

96% of those morons who were out there were Afghans. I hope they enjoy their night in jail along with the rest of the homos who were out there.

The shopkeeper who was murdered was a victim of these afghani terrorists pure and simple. They will get whats coming very very soon but I also hope the Govt uses this opportunity to flush out these sick losers who preach their own version of the Quran in these madrassas in Peshawar etc.

I never wanted afghani refugees in my country in the first place. Now I hope they`re all thrown out.

Their demonstrations were just as I expected. Small in number and the only way they could get attention was to turn to violence.

Like I said, they should enjoy their nights in jail because I hope they stay there for a long long time.

And Fazul Rehman better head to Afghanistan or he`ll get his butt kicked very soon.

[This message has been edited by outlaw (edited September 22, 2001).]

Comment

It is not right to generalise, some of the people are protesting wrongly, and no one is defending that, but we should focus on why they are protesting, the focus should not be the shop keepers but the government as that is the one who is making the decisions they do not like. Most people are not idiots but maybe their direction could be better
                      i.e increased discussion on the key areas
                      The government is pro American and they are not going to change their minds without permission, therefore they are the root of the problem, and not just them but the system and order which makes trhem act like they do. See earlier comment for solution

Comment

i think pristine you waste your precious time on Abuhasib as i hardly read him, as he has the same rhetoric in every thread about HT and Khilafa.
                        I praise your patience for tolerating his nonsensical nonsense.

Comment

Pakistan is on top, because despite earnest efforts by mullahs and kuffar, in equal zealousness, we are still there.... more powerful than ever before. Our strength is Allah, and we don't need doomsday prophets like you to come out in the crisis and predict end of world for us.

I think the Khilafah has been misunderstood

For once you are absolutely right. My knowledge of the proposed khilafa system is based on the giga-bytes of cut-and-pastes which you and your friends in Hizb-ut-Tehrir have been posting on this board for a long time. You folks have twisted and grossly mis-represented both the importance and essence of Khilafa.

And you never responded to my original question. In your search for khilafa, why don't you and the entire Hizb-ut-Tehrir go and take bayyet in the hands of Ameer-ul-Momineen, Mullah Muhammad Omar of Islami Emirate of Afghanistan? What is unislamic about him and his government?

Comment

at times like these, we see that our religious parties are just hyprcrites. on one hand they preach the Greatness of Allah, the Glory of Islam, and the Example of the The Prophet (pbuh), and the next day they're on the streets disrupting the country by calling strikes, making threats,intimidating ppl who don't share their vision, and killing a few innocent people.

no wonder we don't want these ppl running the country.

[This message has been edited by nomaan (edited September 23, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by abuhasib:
                              Four muslims killed in Karachi, this is very serious development, it is not a time for us to fight, or for security to be told to quash the people, I pray worse is not to come

ahhhh....four muslims!!!!
                              u mean that u would not be sad if hindus or christians or ahmedians were killed?it is a shame on you Mr.........

Comment

Working...
                              X