POSSIBLE THREATS TO PAKISTAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POSSIBLE THREATS TO PAKISTAN

Please add to this list of possible threats.

***US has invited Israel to join the "anti terrorism coalition", but Sharon has refused saying he needs his soldiers to defend his country.

1. What if Israeli special troops do come to Pakistan, and disappear inside to spy on our nuclear sites?

2. Taliban have already deployed SCUD missiles on Pakistan border. What protection do Pakistani cities have against Taliban SCUD missiles?

3. With all the planes flying over, what if an Israeli plane sneaks into our airspace and bombs our nuclear installations?!?

4. What if Sipah Sahaba and other terrorist groups launch attacks on Pakistan Army personnel?

5. What if Pakistan Army infantry or SSG actually has to fight and kill Taliban after Taliban attack us? This would mean sharing the casualities with US/Coalition troops. WE CANNOT TOLERATE THIS!

(Please add to this list of possible threats)

Originally posted by alizadeh2000:
    Please add to this list of possible threats.

***US has invited Israel to join the "anti terrorism coalition", but Sharon has refused saying he needs his soldiers to defend his country.

1. What if Israeli special troops do come to Pakistan, and disappear inside to spy on our nuclear sites?
    The US has already indicated that it would like Israel to play only a very small part in its coalition; it does not want its actions against Afghanistan to be identified with Israel for fear of losing Arab support. Besides, should yehudis try to come in disguised as US personnel, there is no doubt anyway that ISI will carefully monitor any foreign military personnel in Pakistan. Especially at a sensitive time such as this, any unauthorized personnel trying to approach one of our nuclear facilities will no doubt suffer an "unfortunate accident".

2. Taliban have already deployed SCUD missiles on Pakistan border. What protection do Pakistani cities have against Taliban SCUD missiles?
    We have none and there is none possible except taking out the launchers before they fire. Even in the Gulf War, hitting Scuds with Patriot missiles simply resulting in their payloads free-falling onto Saudi cities.

3. With all the planes flying over, what if an Israeli plane sneaks into our airspace and bombs our nuclear installations?!?
    A truly terrifying thought. We will have to trust in Allah and the skill of the PAF.

4. What if Sipah Sahaba and other terrorist groups launch attacks on Pakistan Army personnel?
    I have little doubt that they will. But our anti-terrorist personnel are issued with guns for a reason; I am sure that should SSP start attacking Army personnel, then we may see shoot-to-kill orders being issued rather than arrest order as now.

5. What if Pakistan Army infantry or SSG actually has to fight and kill Taliban after Taliban attack us? This would mean sharing the casualities with US/Coalition troops. WE CANNOT TOLERATE THIS!
    You are completely right, this in intolerable. US/Coalition ground forces MUST be kept out of Pakistan. Should the Taliban insist on waging war on Pakistan, the only military intervention Pakistan should allow should be from Muslim countries that themselves are not repressing Islam; only Iran comes to mind.
    Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
    Al-Ghazali

Comment

Talk about pesimystic.. so you think we should just refuse to help and automatically be labled terrorists?
      I have OCD: Obsessive Cullens Disorder
      Bite Me! -- Please
      I like running with scissors...makes me feel dangerous

Comment

No one in their right mind will attack the nuclear facilities, knowing that the Bombs are kept miles away from the Labs. Israel is well within Pakís reach, so Israel is smart enough to not even give it a thought. Other threats are very realistic possibilities, as some of these threats are not very far fetched. Pakistan at this time is divided on the decision that it will take, no matter what decision is taken; it puts Pakistan in a very troubling position. I feel sorry for poor people who may suffer for the actions of a few nuts. On the other hand, people should pay the price for not speaking up. I have seen demonstrations on TV being held in Peshawar and Rawalpindi by the religious parties opposing the Pakistani concessions to the US, but that does not mean that there are no Pakistanis who agree with Pakistanís position on this issue. If they are sitting inside their houses, and not saying anything in public in shape of organized marches, then they will have to suffer for keeping their mouths shut. It is time that the silent majority of Pakistanis (those who are sick of these blood-sucking religious fanatics) take charge and speak up.

Comment

only way out is to have elected leader
          since extremist cant win election.

Comment

NY bhai jaan, if the people who were for Pakistan's decision started rallying and the people who are against it stated rallying arent we in for a civil war? The last thing we need to add to ours worries.. kiya kiyal hai?
            I have OCD: Obsessive Cullens Disorder
            Bite Me! -- Please
            I like running with scissors...makes me feel dangerous

Comment

Munya, your point is well taken, but have we not learnt our lesson to what happened only about 60 years ago? There were silent Germans who stood by and did nothing. Donít you think that a vast majority of them reported on their neighbors? They could have saved million, but they decided to keep their mouths shut. We can do that as well if we wish for history to repeat itself.

Comment

Thattack any one that would help attack them, is because Musharaf had already said he would help America unconditionaly against Afghanistan. Haider had already pronounced their guilt even before CNN and their deserving to be struck and Shawkat Aziz was talking about how much money Pakistan could make from aiding the butchering of Muslims in Afghanistan. Is there any surprise that after this a land would say that they would retaliate. This statement of retaliation is being used by those who support America in order to add justification to their crime. Please do not be fooled.e only reason why Taliban said they would

Comment

Is this discussion based on the Islamic aqueeda or is it just a practical consideration based on pragmatism and compromise?

[This message has been edited by AbuHashim (edited September 17, 2001).]

Comment

Pakistan does not have the capability to hit Israel from its own territory: neither the missiles nor the planes.

Iranian and Syrian cooperation is a must for this.

First, the US made sure that a rift was created between Iran and Pakistan by means of the Taliban murderers. Thereafter, when Pakistan was isolated, they went out to destroy it.

This is what you get for killing Muslims and ignoring what is explicitly stated in the Holy Quran.

Pakistan is paying back. It is punishment from God. After this 'war' is over, we hope the Muslim populations would have learnt their lesson, and not make the mistake of sectarianism and murdering their own kin again.

Comment

Working...
                    X