Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do American Pakistanis feel right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do American Pakistanis feel right now?

A friend of mine emailed me from the USA today! It was really interesting how Pakistanis accross America feel like right now. My friend though was really happy that General Musharraf thought with his brains not his heart.

Pakistan cannot afford any more controversy thanks to Morons in Kabul. Pakistan has played a good role in playing a diplomat (usually what India does) and have supported the Americans on this issue though the religuous factor involved in Pakistan which supports the Taliban to some extent. the other great thing is that our leaders like Maulana Fazl and Qazi are talking some sense condemning these attacks! The real interting thing is that India is pissed that Pakistan is getting so much attention as American's really have faith in Pakistani intelligence!

As American Pakistan or other Pakistanis who have adopted US as there home are happy as they want to live apeaceful life here at home away from home. And they arent being targetted as Pakistanis above being Muslims! This was something the Pakistanis were worried about after Tuesday!

So What are the feelings of other Pakistanis accross the US? There were incidences where Pakistanis were being harrassed by officials and other people. Has it gone down?

Pakistan Zindabaad!

Captain Sahib,

There's mixed feelings among Pakistanis here in North America (US and Canada). Even here in Gupshup, there's various different points of view. I haven't read what the religious factors in Pakistan are saying about these attacks or about the retaliation. What I've heard among discussions is how Pakistan is handling this.

I know a lot of people who're saying that this was the right decision taken by Musharraf to cooperate with the US. A lot of people are condemning this decision too. I understand why people are condemning this and siding with our Muslim brethren across the border.

What I've heard from people here, is that Afghanistan never did side with Pakistan in any of it's matters, ever!! Pakistan, on the other hand, did provide relief and support to Afghanis during the Russian invasion and the civil war and still does. There's enough Afghan refugees who cross into Pakistan every day . What did we get in return? Drugs, weapons, a bad name.... and the list goes on. I'm not saying that we shouldn't support them. But why should we risk our own country for someone who has never sided with us. This is a point that our Pakistani community doesn't understand, especially the Pakistanis resided there.

IF Musharraf hadn't agreed, there would be more sanctions against Pakistan, we would have been the black dogs of South Asia. We would have been isolated. Guess who would have taken advantage of this? India. They've already extended their support. And this would have given them an opportunity to have an edge over Pakistan. At least now we could have some of the sanctions lifted (hopefully) in order to get this country's economy back on it's feet. It's an uphill battle but we gotta take everything we could get our hands on.

I guarantee that this post will be bashed from now on. But I gotta let it be clear that I'm not on the US's side or whatever. I'm just thinking about it in the interest of Pakistan only. People have got to use their brains rather than their hearts right now. I don't approve of the attacks on Afghanistan but I do believe that Pakistan has no choice, we're between a rock and a hard place.

Comment

I am not sure if any of you saw Mansoor Ijaz on CNN last night. He's the owner of Crescent Capital,inc and also is associated with COuncil on Foreign Relations in New York. His analysis of the reprisals against Pakistani or Subcontinent people was deeply moving. Essentially he said that both America and People from these countries who have made America their home have to unite and think of themselves as American Pakistanis or American Indians as opposed to Pakistani Americans and Indian Americans.

This country has given so much to us, it's time we give back.

He also said Americans of all races have to stop pointing fingers among us and go afte those we know did this.

Comment

Infoman thanks for that bit of info. Very applicable here.

As far as myself, I have received threats from random people in email, but neighbours and friends have been calling to see how I have been and if we were getting harassed. Most touching was an email from one of my fraternity brothers who I have not been in touch with for some time. He remembered that I used to work at the WTC after my undergrad and has been trying to see if I was okay. He has been calling other people, University alumni assoc etc etc to find any contact info for me.

I guess the feeling of being in danger from random people around myself has increased my empathy for what Israeli citizens go through, and fearing for my relatives safety in Pakistan has increased my empathy for what Palestinians must go through.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

There is a mix feeling here among Pakistani community, I do agree Pakistan should help America not because it is the right thing to do but because thatís the only choice we have. I am scared and worried about Pakistan. What will happen to Pakistan after the Americans are gone? Would they leave us like they did in the 80,s? Are we suppose to pick up the pieces, this is not our war and we should not be forced in to it with out our will? Pakistan is in a very bad situation and this could lead us in to a civil war. We donít want enemies on both side of our borders.

Comment

The FBI director just reported that they are actively seeking people who speak Farsi and Arabic to contact FBI and join the fight against terrorism. This is a shining moment for those of us who chose this great country to help and showcase our determination in stamping out this evil.

Comment

I only know the curse words in arabic, would that work?
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Fraudz:
                I only know the curse words in arabic, would that work?
                I think that would be a fine start.

Comment

Working...
                X