Open Afghano Border........A fatal mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Afghano Border........A fatal mistake

After threat from Talibans, I think Pakistan should close its border with afghanistan. This will stop the storm of refugees arriving and hiding in these refugees, The possible "mujahdeen" who are planing to retaliate.

Why Govt of Pakistan is turning its eyes on important duty to safe its people from possible attacks from afghanis??

------------------
    "Away from Eyes......Close to Heart"

[This message has been edited by Insaaniat (edited September 16, 2001).]

Well in wake of recent developments, Iran has closed its border with Afghanistan.
    http://asia.cnn.com/2001/WORLD/meast...n.afghanistan/

I think Pakistan should follow same thing or at least use strict control on who should be allowed in.

------------------

Comment

Insaaniat, majority of Muslims and Pakistanis do not share your feelings. Threat was merely issued in the heat of the moment. Afghani people would suffer if the border is closed. We simply can't let that happen.

Comment

There i agree. The people should not suffer for the faults of the govt or the Laden.
        The border should remain open and pakistan should provide the necessities of life for these people.

------------------
        Our's not to reason why,
        Our's but to do and die:
        You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Originally posted by CM:
          There i agree. The people should not suffer for the faults of the govt or the Laden.
          The border should remain open and pakistan should provide the necessities of life for these people.
          By opening the border indiscriminately, a lot of AFGAN soldiers can come through to PAK. As the AFGAN government already warned they will make war against anyone helping USA, don't you think PAK will be sheltering a snake against it's breast which in time will bite PAK?

I feel they should only allow women and children through. The men need to stay and try and change their stupid government to recant on terorism.

Comment

Old man i agree, but we just have to take the chance.
            Everybody deserves to be treated equally, men and women.
            We could help alot of sick men, if we keep the border open.

------------------
            Our's not to reason why,
            Our's but to do and die:
            You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Abdullah, CM

I agree that innocent afghanis caught in this crisis will be affected, BUT Do you seriously think our government can tackle such terrorist attack in heat of war???

Looking at previous record of pakistani governments, it is not possible. Government is still struggling to control sectrians violance and we are risking these afghanis to come and bomb towns and cities of pakistan..

------------------

Comment

Just heard, Pak has closed down its border with Afghanistan. Or in other words has stopped its so-far muslims brethrens to enter its territory. Although the people entering are the ones who have nothing to do with Talibans or osama and vast majority of whom actually do not want to be under Talibans. The ones who should suffer is Pakistan because they were the biggest supporters of Talibans and Osama till date.

Comment

Working...
                X