Pakistan's air-space closed down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan's air-space closed down

I am, right at this moment viewing CNN and their reporter, Tom Mintair, is saying that Pakistan has closed down its air-space today. No commercial flights were allowed to take-off or land. Supposedly a major mess, and made lots of people very nervous.

He seemed to suggest that this was because Pak Airforce was conducting several exercises in the air.

Anyone in Pakistan, who knows more about this. Any confirmed reports?

All I can confirm at the moment is that PAF is on its highest state of alert and conducting series of air maneuvers. Things are unfolding on a much faster than I had originaly anticipated.

It will be very tragic if Pakistan throws its support behind a US attack on Afghanistan. All news sources have already quoted Musharraf pledging his full support.

[This message has been edited by Abdullah k (edited September 14, 2001).]

Comment

This is very bad! If Pak supports them than its no more PAK I STAN!

------------------
      Ishq bhi ho Hijaab mein husn bhi ho Hijaab mein. Ya tu khud Aaskhaar ho ya mujh ko Aaskhaar kar.
      Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

If Pakistan is goping to allow it's airspace - or in any other way take part in an attack against Afghanistan on behalf of the US - then i would rather not consider myself a Pakistani.

My condolences to the innocent victims in the US. But they should fight their own battles. They have certainly never fought any on Pakistan's behalf.

Comment

All I can confirm at the moment is that PAF is on its highest state of alert and conducting series of air maneuvers. Things are unfolding on a much faster than I had originaly anticipated.
          It will be very tragic if Pakistan throws its support behind a US attack on Afghanistan. All news sources have already quoted Musharraf pledging his full support.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          This is very bad! If Pak supports them than its no more PAK I STAN!
          =============================================
          The best thing Pakistan can do is to attack afghanistan by itself or support USA. What has happened in USA is a blot on Humanity. As long as OSAMA is alive, no human in the world is safe. The Devil Incarnate is among us. Let us hope the evil is removed from the face of the earth at the earliest.

Comment

USA used Iraq against Iran, now look at Iraq . Same will happen to Pakistan. Why does the USA needs the support and blessing of Pakistan and everyone else. They normally do what pleases them.

"We got a big hammer"
            Well use it, leave Pakistan out.

Mr X your 2nd paragraph..yup I feel the same way.

Comment

PAF might be conducting exercise to deal with any misadventure by American Airforce against pakistan. I really don't think that Pakistani Armed forces will ever fire a bullet on Afghar brothers. I think it is good to be alert.
              There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the end the sword will always be conquered by the spirit. --Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

From DAWN internet edition:

Government succumbs to U.S. demands in dealing with Taliban : Islamabad, Sept 14: Government appeared to have joined, though reluctantly, the United States' anticipated war against Taliban for harbouring alleged terrorist Osama bin Laden. Islamabad airport was closed for a few hours before dawn today for unusual activity, apparently for planes bringing in equipment to prepare for retaliatory strikes against bin Laden, who is the prime suspect in this week's terror attacks in New York and Washington. Pakistan's army commanders met in the garrison town of Rawalpindi, apparently to assess how much to concede on the U.S. demands for cooperation without arousing the ire of Islamists and nationalists in the country. (DPA)(Posted @ 16:25 PST)

------------------
                Dhondo gey humein mulkon mulkon
                milney key nahi, nayab hain hum
                We don't forget...its' just that life goes on!

Comment

i agree with Mr.X

Comment

well, if pakistan wants to help the US they should only do so to the extent that they allow American planes to land and take off on Pakistani territory. Pakistan should NOT use its own army to help the US: the US should bring their own armory!!!!

------------------
                    Don't talk unless u can improve the silence
                    Why so serious ... ?

Comment

I second Extreme's notion. We should not allow our soil to attack Afghanistan and let US and its allies spill more blood of Muslims. Pakistan government's hasty decision could lead to a civil war within the country.

Comment

I have been getting the Sun lately to guage the opinion of the average Joe in the UK.

Surprisingly, they have replaced the usual big-breasted model with political commentary so things have obviously become serious.

Anyway, according to a senior Ministry of Defence official, the SAS already infiltrate Afghan camps through Pakistan, but they have to use hazardous mountain routes used by drug smugglers because Pakistan doesn't want it to become open knowledge.

According to this report, the SAS has been operating in Afghanistan for at least 5 years. If that's true, Pakistan doesn't seem to have got much back in return for that assistance does it?

Comment

I have an idea, why don't you guys stop speculating on something you have no idea about.
                          When something is officially stated say something until then i think that we all should believe that the govt do what is best for our nation.

This is not the bloody time to ridicule and insult our govt.

I am seriously disappointed that certain members would start guessing blindly, which certainly won't help the situation.

And just to point a flaw.
                          Firstly the quote is that Pakistan is with the US.
                          Nothing more.
                          WE have not committed anything at all.

------------------
                          Our's not to reason why,
                          Our's but to do and die:
                          You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Is this your ideology?! Sit and watch?
                            Then you keep quiet and support them, but I won't. I dont see any reason why Pakistan should support USA. If they are having problems with O.B.L then they should attack by their own and not involve the whole world within.

------------------
                            Ishq bhi ho Hijaab mein husn bhi ho Hijaab mein. Ya tu khud Aaskhaar ho ya mujh ko Aaskhaar kar.
                            Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

Working...
                            X