What is PakSattelite?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is PakSattelite?

I was reading news from http://www.dawn.com and they said PakSatellite is going to be on air before 2003. Well is a satellite telivion or is it for telephoes or what? Someone please tell me, i hope it is more devolpment news that will help the nation prosper.

INSHALLAH it will become very famous

------------------
    "kaisay na karta usko main pyar, uski haseen main sukh thay hazaar, bichar gayay hum dukh ki hay baat"
    Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

Inshallah it will. But that still doesn't tell me what is is.

Comment

Oh finally I know. According to http://www.jang.com/thenews/index.html
        Paksat launching before April 2003

ISLAMABAD: The Ministry of Science and Technology is actively pursuing a project to send Pakistan's own satellite into orbit and claim its parking space before April 2003.

Sources at the Ministry of Science and Technology told APP here on Monday that Paksat would be up before April 2003 as the federal cabinet had granted approval for this very important project.

Sources said that there had been "criminal negligence" on the part of successive governments that three or four slots reserved for Pakistan's satellite were left to expire. "Now only one slot is available which we can be availed before April 2003," the sources said and added that due to keen interest taken by the minister of science and technology as well as government's commitment to promote information technology in the country, Paksat would be up even before 2003.

According to sources, a lot of activity is going on at this front and advertisements have been issued to the press. During next three to four weeks, Expression of Interest will be invited from private sector companies and organisations.

"The Ministry of Science and Technology has invited EOI from private-sector organisations and companies for positioning a geo-stationary fixed satellite (new or old) in 38 degree E Orbital location and making it fully operational by 2003," sources said.

The satellite, sources said, would serve the strategic and commercial interests of Pakistan. It would be capable of providing a wide range of basic and advanced communications and broadcasting services. Paksat, the sources said, would offer a unique opportunity to reach a critical mass of people in a large geographical area of its footprint for FSS & BSS Services in C, Ku and Ka bands.

Comment

Working...
        X