Missing In Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing In Action

This is in reference to the war of 1965, which started on 6th of September 1965. That war which united whole Pakistan in to one community and every one ready to sacrifice even his/her life for the cause of liberating Kashmir from India. Unfortunately it could not be materialized due to ill planning by General Ayub Khan and what ever won in the war had to give back to India. That aspect of gross mis-management of the incident, ruining the economy of the country and polarization in post war period, is beside the point I am talking about. The heroes of the 1965 war were many who fought just for the sake of country with no intention of adventurism in their minds. I can quote a few famous heroes of the war.

1. Major Raja Aziz Shaheed Bhatti-Nishan-e-Hyder. He defended Lahore and resisted on-slaught of Indian heavy artillery and tanks did not allow them to cross BRB canal. This brave man stood in firing bullets and shells for 72 hours without food and water, until his body was torn in to piece by piece by the heavy fire He fought till he could stand on his feet. He died as one of the most brave man of Muslim history,

2. Squadron Leader M. M. Alam, hero of 1965 war. He blasted five Indian jets in 13 seconds while flying F-104. Unfortunately, the country never recognized his valor and bravery.

3. Flying Officer Younis (correct me if quote the wrong name)- Who preferred to crash his damaged plane on 19 Indian bombers ready to bombard Pakistani bases, blasted all of them, preferred to die rather than surrendering to Indians.

These are well known brave men whose bravery was without any doubt. Here I am talking about the people who gave their lives in that war and their bravery could not be recognized because their dead bodies were never recovered . Is it not the right time for the leadership of the country to think about the building a monument for commemorating such un-known brave persons who gave their lives for the sake of country but still missing in action?

FARID

Allah (swt) bless all of those brave men. Most people fail to recognize bravery of the air force and only talk about the army which is a mistake. The Air Force is just as important as the army and so is the Navy. Unlike the navy and army the air force can strike anywhere, of course riskig being shot down. Pakistan needs to do more to remember these great men who risked everything of their own to stop the enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by Farid:
      Is it not the right time for the leadership of the country to think about the building a monument for commemorating such un-known brave persons who gave their lives for the sake of country but still missing in action?

FARID
      Farid that is what Pakistan lacks in, monuments to great men such as the ones you listed. In America's capital Washington DC and quite frankly every big city has memorials/parks to their heroes of the WW1,WW2, Vietnam War and Korean War. The Pakistani goverment should make memorials so people will remember these great men.

Comment

2. Squadron Leader M. M. Alam, hero of 1965 war. He blasted five Indian jets in 13 seconds while flying F-104. Unfortunately, the country never recognized his valor and bravery.
        The exceptional skill and talent of Squadron Leader Mohammad Mahmood Alam was recognised by his country when he was awarded not only the Sitar-i-Jurat, but also a bar on his Sitar-i-Jurat.
        Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
        Al-Ghazali

Comment

Originally posted by mAd_ScIeNtIsT:
          The exceptional skill and talent of Squadron Leader Mohammad Mahmood Alam was recognised by his country when he was awarded not only the Sitar-i-Jurat, but also a bar on his Sitar-i-Jurat.
          Really, that's it? Sure it maybe the highest award in Pakistan but most people nowadays have forgotten or never even heard of him. The country must make atleast a park or plaque to remember him. The man shot down 5 Indian jets man he was the first person in HISTORY to do that!

Comment

One must visit PAF museum in Karachi, its nice.

Comment

One museum is not enough. Come on guys America has musuems in every city in US. Same in the EU. Atleast one in Islamabad and Lahore would be enough but one is not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Ameer :
                One museum is not enough. Come on guys America has musuems in every city in US. Same in the EU. Atleast one in Islamabad and Lahore would be enough but one is not enough.
                just a note, we don't have to follow US in all traits. yes, remembering these heroes is good for a nation specially these mentioned by Farid , we hope to see more and more heroes in future (not necessarily thru wars).

------------------
                We oughta be Changez like, don't we?
                Last edited by TLK; May 21, 2010, 10:59 AM.

Comment

You guys must be kidding. Who needs monuments, when we have the MM Alam road in Lahore, which boasts of some of the finest restaurants in Lahore. Can u ask for more? Can you have the finest Pakistani cuisine in the Washington Memorial like u can do in Salt N Pepper Village, located right on top of MM Alam road? Or the Pizzeria Uno? Or Depilex (a very upscale beauty parlor)? The list goes on...

You guys seem fascinated by museums? Where will u find all the nice historical stuff to put inside one of those museums? Generally you can't have a museum full of stuff bought from Alfatah or Macy's, can you?

Comment

Originally posted by Pristine:
                    You guys must be kidding. Who needs monuments, when we have the MM Alam road in Lahore, which boasts of some of the finest restaurants in Lahore. Can u ask for more? Can you have the finest Pakistani cuisine in the Washington Memorial like u can do in Salt N Pepper Village, located right on top of MM Alam road? Or the Pizzeria Uno? Or Depilex (a very upscale beauty parlor)? The list goes on...

You guys seem fascinated by museums? Where will u find all the nice historical stuff to put inside one of those museums? Generally you can't have a museum full of stuff bought from Alfatah or Macy's, can you?
                    Half of PAF belongs in a museum so rest EZ there will be no shortage.

Comment

mAd_ScIeNtIsT

The exceptional skill and talent of Squadron Leader Mohammed Mahmood Alam was recognized by his country when he was awarded not only the Sitar-i-Jurat, but also a bar on his Sitar-i-Jurat.

Bar you mean ban on his medal. As I already said his heroic services for the country never recognized.

Ameer,

The highest military award is Nishan-e-Hyder and not Sitara-e-Jurat which was only given to Major Raja Aziz Bhatti in 1965 war. For many years, I have also noticed that his name has been missing in the news papers/magazines of Pakistan on anniversary of 1965 war. The SAVER of Lahore City has never given the due respect he deserved.

Pristine,

The discussion is about un-known people who gave their lives in 1965 for the sake of country. Those un-known heroes, whose where about are not known or still missing, dont you think this is the right time to remember them. Country, at least can build a monument for those un-known soldiers of faith to recognize their sacrifice for the country in 1965.

One thing I hate about Lahore is that people living in that city, never bothered what is happening to the rest of country. Even country is torn in to pieces, they are happy to eat their dinner in a fine restaurant situated on "MM Alam road". I bet people eating in these fancy restaurants ever know who was MM Alam? What happened to him? Whether he is still alive? Lahoris live to eat rather eat to live at the cost of others.

FARID
                      Last edited by TLK; May 21, 2010, 10:59 AM.

Comment

This is in reference to the war of 1965, which started on 6th of September 1965. That war which united whole Pakistan in to one community and every one ready to sacrifice even his/her life for the cause of liberating Kashmir from India. Unfortunately it could not be materialized due to ill planning by General Ayub Khan and what ever won in the war had to give back to India. That aspect of gross mis-management of the incident, ruining the economy of the country and polarization in post war period, is beside the point I am talking about. The heroes of the 1965 war were many who fought just for the sake of country with no intention of adventurism in their minds. I can quote a few famous heroes of the war.

1. Major Raja Aziz Shaheed Bhatti-Nishan-e-Hyder. He defended Lahore and resisted on-slaught of Indian heavy artillery and tanks did not allow them to cross BRB canal. This brave man stood in firing bullets and shells for 72 hours without food and water, until his body was torn in to piece by piece by the heavy fire He fought till he could stand on his feet. He died as one of the most brave man of Muslim history,

3. Flying Officer Younis (correct me if quote the wrong name)- Who preferred to crash his damaged plane on 19 Indian bombers ready to bombard Pakistani bases, blasted all of them, preferred to die rather than surrendering to Indians.

These are well known brave men whose bravery was without any doubt. Here I am talking about the people who gave their lives in that war and their bravery could not be recognized because their dead bodies were never recovered . Is it not the right time for the leadership of the country to think about the building a monument for commemorating such un-known brave persons who gave their lives for the sake of country but still missing in action?

FARID
                        FARID,
                        Thanx for posting this message,..
                        And I agree with you where you have mentioned,..Is it not the right time for the leadership of the country to think about the building a monument for commemorating such un-known brave persons who gave their lives for the sake of country but still missing in action?
                        Pakistan must build Monument for their commemoration,..And give those MIA's due respect and Honor.
                        God Bless Pakistan,..and us all....Aamin.

http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/Forum26/HTML/003539.html

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

Comment

mAd_ScIeNtIsT

The exceptional skill and talent of Squadron Leader Mohammed Mahmood Alam was recognized by his country when he was awarded not only the Sitar-i-Jurat, but also a bar on his Sitar-i-Jurat.

Bar you mean ban on his medal. As I already said his heroic services for the country never recognized.
                          No, I mean bar. When someone is awarded a medal repeatedly, it is standard protocol to issue a bar to be placed on the ribbon above the medal, rather than issuing a soldier with the several identical medals.

By the way, before anyone starts implying that Squadron Leader Alam should have been awarded the Nishan-i-Haider, it should be pointed out that to recieve the Nishan-i-Haider you must have died in the line of duty.

Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
                          Al-Ghazali

Comment

Pakistan has yet to learn to honor & recognize the bravery & sacrifices of its devoted soldiers. Little known fact is that Alam was later forced to a pre-mature retirement when he talked about how his superior's wife was misusing the official staff car for her personal needs. Also, Alam never kept secret of his desire to make airforce 'dry' which in itself made sure that he wont survive long in there.

Recognition on the basis of merit has never been a tradition in Pak army. You need to be in the good books of your immediate superior in order to be 'recognized'.

Comment

Working...
                            X