I told you, "Latton keh bhoot baton seh nahi mante"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I told you, "Latton keh bhoot baton seh nahi mante"

Well, I said before and I still believe, Musharaf government is wasting time soft talking with jehadi and terrorist groups. These groups will never understand the needs of the country. These groups work on parallel agenda to governments. Why should they give their source of income just because government wants it.

The latest news from pakistan is not only they are defying the ordinance and government orders but also demanded the removal of Moin Haider.

Jihadi groups demand Moin's removal: Fund-raising, mass contact drive announced http://www.dawn.com/2001/08/25/top1.htm

The out of control religious or ethnic groups are always bad for any country and now we have both type of groups in pakistan. Now these terroist and jehadi groups become a test for government and administration.

Lets see how far government go to bring these groups under control.

So lets hear your views on these issue. Do you think;

1-Is measure taken in ordinance to control law and order situation and sectrian killing is effective?

2-Should we ban these groups or not??

3-The money collected by jehadi groups really helping Kashmiri's or They are filling their own pockets.

4-Is governments policy of soft talktive approach to handle these groups is working?

5-Should government use tough measure to control these groups?

6-Should government back down on this issue?

7-What should be done to curb the rising sectrian killings and law and order under control?

Originally posted by Insaaniat:

1-Is measure taken in ordinance to control law and order situation and sectrian killing is effective?

2-Should we ban these groups or not??

3-The money collected by jehadi groups really helping Kashmiri's or They are filling their own pockets.

4-Is governments policy of soft talktive approach to handle these groups is working?

5-Should government use tough measure to control these groups?

6-Should government back down on this issue?

7-What should be done to curb the rising sectrian killings and law and order under control?
    1...not enough
    2...definitely
    3...no..very insecure way
    4...no and yet 5 is of no use (they'll give just 60%)
    6...no at least 150%

7......i suppose there is no answer for it yet. You cant hunt those terrorists and murderers with missiles and rockets nor erase the whole MAFIA and or intelligence service(s).

------------------
    "kaisay na karta usko main pyar, uski haseen main sukh thay hazaar, bichar gayay hum dukh ki hay baat"
    Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

There is a systematic way of doing everything...and thats what is being employed here. The govt cannot pummel them with an iron fist and expect them to disappear overnight. The result would be far worse....a civil war. We dont want a situation, where the govt is uses extra force, and these groups counter with random acts of violence, affecting the common people.

Its a step by step process. Banning the groups was the first step. There is no sure fire way of keeping anyone from soliciting funds. So fund raising will continue in one form or another. But it sure wont be as widespread as before...and that will eventually lead these politically motivated groups to a slow death.

Comment

Insaaniat, do you think it’s okay for us to use the word Jehadi? Aren’t we being dictated a lil’ too much?

Ad 1 – We’ll have to give it some time, GoP can’t handle too many open fronts inside Pak at the same time, and there is no need for jald baazi either.

Ad 2 – Definitely not, each and every group should be checked and only if they’re proven wrong they should be banned; else we will be shouting democracy in a month or two again. Plus we might get new enemies, and we don’t need that.

Ad 3 – I don’t think that all of them claim that are they? In any case, have no idea.

Ad 4 & 5 – If an org is well organized you can’t clean it at once it takes time and good planning, so until the government has solid proves against them they’ll have to go easy.

Ad 6 – No

Ad 7 – Dunno, perhaps new org’s should have local governments approval before they set up an org, their agendas and membership data should be available to government. Their income sources etc should be recorded. So that government has a chance to follow their activities in future.

Comment

Originally posted by sabah:
          Insaaniat, do you think it’s okay for us to use the word Jehadi? Aren’t we being dictated a lil’ too much?
          Saba ji...the sad part is, the Pakistani media itself is using this term extensively...perhaps in an effort to appease foreign relation concerns.

Regardless, I dont think religious groups are Pakistan's primary problem at this time anyway. They are America's problem, Israel's problem, and india's problem...and the primary motivation for Pak govt to rid the country of such groups is to appease the UN/US concerns, nothing else...which i find to be beyond the call of Pak govt. Their primary duty should be internal affairs. Its just a front to keep the credit lines rolling.

Comment

There is a clear distinction between the organiztions fighting in Kashmir and the ones who are involved in sectarian killings. We must be careful in making irresponsible statements and generalization, the ones made by Insaaniat. Although, I agree that ban imposed on the factions- such as Lashker-e-Janghvi and Lashker-e-Mohammad- who are behind sectarian killings- is fully justifed.

However, LeT, Hizb and Jaish-e-Mohammad; The organizations fighting in Kashmir should have access to all kinds of funding, training and logistical support. I believe these groups have made tremendous sacrifices for the liberation of Kashmir. Their efforts should not go in vain.

Comment

Akif, Sabah

I understand and agree that Jaldbazi I not good BUT what happen when talkative approch is not working.

The ban is not to make US/israel/India isnt these groups involve in terrorisam and killing of professional in pakistan? how we can be sure that the funds collected but these groups are used in kashmir, not in somewhere else.

If you think that baning these groups will affect the kashmir kaz then you wrong. kashmir struggle is going for 53 years and these most jehadi groups formed in last 8/10 years. The money they collect is mostly used in afghanistan, not in kashmir.

What will be governments reaction after these groups openly defy the law of the country?

The government has made lot of efforts in last two years to attract foreign investment and just few killing or bomb will be ruin all that.

------------------
              "Away from Eyes......Close to Heart"

[This message has been edited by Insaaniat (edited August 25, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Abdullah k:
                There is a clear distinction between the organiztions fighting in Kashmir and the ones who are involved in sectarian killings. We must be careful in making irresponsible statements and generalization, the ones made by Insaaniat.
                My genernalisation is based on fact that both type of groups are out of control and not co-operating with the government. As I said before, any country there is nothing bad than out of control ethnic or religious groups, and pakistan have both. unfortunately!!

------------------
                "Away from Eyes......Close to Heart"

Comment

Working...
                X