lets learn Hindi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lets learn Hindi

Intellectuals in Pakistan decided to teach people Hindi, to 'defend' cultural invasion.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    LAHORE: Hindi to be taught in degree colleges

Mansoor Malik

LAHORE, Aug 21: The ad-hoc committee of the Board of Studies and the Board of Advanced Learning, Punjab University, has approved the Hindi language curriculum for graduate and postgraduate levels.

The syllabus of Hindi as an elective subject at degree level is likely to be introduced at the Punjab University affiliated colleges from next year. Similarly, the postgraduate classes are also likely to commence from the session 2002-03.

However, it is learnt that the teaching of Hindi will continue to suffer for years to come as there is no faculty available to take Hindi classes at degree and postgraduate levels. Even the Punjab University's Department of Hindi Language and Literature has only one teacher who is planning to engage visiting teachers.

Talking to Dawn, PU Hindi Department's in-charge Dr Shahida Habib said it was very important to promote teaching of Hindi to equip people to combat cultural invasion. She, however, admitted that it would take some time to properly launch the teaching of Hindi language at colleges level due to acute shortage of Hindi teachers.
    http://www.dawn.com/2001/08/22/local13.htm
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Is it gonna be really helpful to "stop" invasion of another culture by learning its language? I think it is more helpful in 'promoting' the 'Hindi' culture.

what do you think?

------------------
    We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

No, I think knowlegde is might and power. Its a good idea and there is nothing wrong to "get in touch" with hindian culture. You learn from it, dont have to apply it.

------------------
    "kaisay na karta usko main pyar, uski haseen main sukh thay hazaar, bichar gayay hum dukh ki hay baat"
    Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

Comment

Originally posted by Ali_R:
      No, I think knowlegde is might and power. Its a good idea and there is nothing wrong to "get in touch" with hindian culture. You learn from it, dont have to apply it.

not to turn away from reality, all of us already have learnt 'Hindian' culture thru their movies, haven't we 'adopted' instead of 'learning'?
      beleive me, this will lead more towards 'adopting' then 'learning'.

I hope we spend more time on learning the beautiful aspects of Islam instead of leaving it for the molvis to play with it.

------------------

Comment

Intellectuals in Pakistan decided to teach people Hindi, to 'defend' cultural invasion.
        How,..I wanna know,..how it will defend cultural invasion,...Though learning new language is good,..But how they wanna treat cancer with Aspirin,...?
        °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

Comment

Originally posted by Changez_like:
          not to turn away from reality, all of us already have learnt 'Hindian' culture thru their movies, haven't we 'adopted' instead of 'learning'?
          beleive me, this will lead more towards 'adopting' then 'learning'.

I hope we spend more time on learning the beautiful aspects of Islam instead of leaving it for the molvis to play with it.

Good response,...Still i couldn't understand the logic of intellectuals,...what kind a intellectuals are they,...?

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

Comment

Yaa, r why bother even with English the language of the kafirs. Lets just teach Urdu and Arabic. After all we were the greatest in the middle ages. and we can be the greatest again.

Lets think!!!

Comment

I thought that those who do speak urdu speak quite a bit of hindi as well.

Comment

Originally posted by IB:
                I thought that those who do speak urdu speak quite a bit of hindi as well.
                its because Hindi and Urdu have lots of 'common ground', mainly "script" differs, otherwise most of the words/grammar are shared by both.
                They are "almost" same when spoken, but different in written form (because of different scripts).

------------------

Comment

Working...
                X