Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indian rupees vs Pakistani rupees

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Indian rupees vs Pakistani rupees

    When the Pakistani rupee was floated in the market its rate was Rs 46 to a dollar. Now it is officially Rs 64 per dollar. In the kerb it is hovering around Rs 67 to a dollar.

    On the other hand Indian rupee is around Rs 47 to a dollar. Pakistani exports are bound to improve as the world market would prefer cheaper Pakistani goods as compared to Indian goods. Already you find Pakistani grocery items like basmati rice much cheaper than Indian grocery items.



    #2
    Originally posted by durango:
    When the Pakistani rupee was floated in the market its rate was Rs 46 to a dollar. Now it is officially Rs 64 per dollar. In the kerb it is hovering around Rs 67 to a dollar.

    On the other hand Indian rupee is around Rs 47 to a dollar. Pakistani exports are bound to improve as the world market would prefer cheaper Pakistani goods as compared to Indian goods. Already you find Pakistani grocery items like basmati rice much cheaper than Indian grocery items.

    Exports have already improved without any doubt. From $8.5B they have crossed $9.4B mark. It might cross $10B soon...

    Comment


      #3
      18 August 2001

      Some of us are in the habit of comparing ourseles with India and even our politicians give reference to in India it is like this and like that. Even rulers say so like on every increase of price they say in India cost of this is so and so.

      Some of us quote india's progress. What progress india has done at least I have not seen.

      The biggest berometer of a country's success amongst other factor is its currency's stability.

      I went to an arab country in 1983 when there Pakistan Rs. 1000 stood to 31 Dinars and Indian currency was at 39 Dinars because indian currency was strong and solid.

      Last month I again had a chance to go said country. Pakistani currency is Dinars 6 and Indian Dinars 7.

      Pakistan's economy has not developed. There are chaoes in Pakistan.

      Point is then by india currency has come almost equal to Pakistan? Answer is very clear.

      If Pakistan economy has not developed due to looting of politicians, same has happened in india.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by S.A.J:
        18 August 2001

        Some of us are in the habit of comparing ourseles with India and even our politicians give reference to in India it is like this and like that. Even rulers say so like on every increase of price they say in India cost of this is so and so.

        Some of us quote india's progress. What progress india has done at least I have not seen.

        The biggest berometer of a country's success amongst other factor is its currency's stability.

        I went to an arab country in 1983 when there Pakistan Rs. 1000 stood to 31 Dinars and Indian currency was at 39 Dinars because indian currency was strong and solid.

        Last month I again had a chance to go said country. Pakistani currency is Dinars 6 and Indian Dinars 7.

        Pakistan's economy has not developed. There are chaoes in Pakistan.

        Point is then by india currency has come almost equal to Pakistan? Answer is very clear.

        If Pakistan economy has not developed due to looting of politicians, same has happened in india.
        You cannot use currency exchange rate to measure economy. 140 Japanese yen equals one dollar but even in recession they are a super economy compared to India/Pak.

        Comment


          #5


          Weakness or strongness of currency has direct link with a country's economical stability and progress, check with any modern economics.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Muhammad Javed:


            Weakness or strongness of currency has direct link with a country's economical stability and progress, check with any modern economics.

            When Japanese economy was healthy its exchange rate was about 120 Yen and Paks exchange rate was under 40 rupees.. The best of Pak economy has never been better then the worse of Japanese.... There is a lot more that drives the economy not just the exchange rate.

            Comment


              #7
              At least it has more or less an effect on the economy, otherwise it would not be a part of it.

              ------------------
              "kaisay na karta usko main pyar, uski haseen main sukh thay hazaar, bichar gayay hum dukh ki hay baat"
              Ain't new ta this....HOMEINVASION('93)

              Comment

              Working...
              X