Pakistani kid turns $70 into $400,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistani kid turns $70 into $400,000

Teenager (Zafar Jafri, 16) Turns Hobby into $400,000 Business!
    Teenager Turns Hobby into $400,000 Business!

Riverside, California: Zafar Jafri, 16, founded L-40 Networks, Inc., a hobby-turned-business that generated more than $400,000 in revenues last year. Steve Davis, accountant and book-keeper of L-40 Networks while filing IRS taxes remarked, “In my 34 years of filing Federal Taxes I have not seen anybody at the age of 16 years making that much money. I had to consult Federal Tax Codes to file taxes.”
    Zafar with his sister and younger brother

At first glance, 6ft 2in Zafar is your typical teenager - an avid fan of music and the Los Angeles Lakers. But after taking a closer look, he is doing something atypical of your everyday teenager. Zafar serves as chief executive officer of L-40 Networks, Inc., a cyberspace conglomerate he founded at the age of 14 with an initial investment of $70. The entrepreneur began web designing in elementary school. In summer of 1998, his hobby evolved into www.Wrestleboard.com , a website based on the world of pro wrestling.

Zafar began promoting the website through word of mouth, initially garnering 15 to 20 visitors every day. Last month Wrestleboard.com reached over 1.2 million people.

Zafar, along with several teenage friends who have become independent contractors for the business, runs all aspects of L-40 Networks, Inc. Zafar is the company’s Chief Negotiatior and crafts all business deals, including one made recently with NetCreations, the leading provider of 100% [email protected] marketing services, owned by Italian parent company SEAT Pagine Gialle. By year’s end, the deal is expected to earn an additional $25,000 a month in revenue for L-40 Networks.

“At first I was intimidated dealing with Wharton and Stanford graduates who have many years’ experience in the business,” Zafar remarked. “But through persistence, wit, and a bit of luck, we were able to churn out a deal beneficial to both NetCreations and L-40 Networks.”

Despite his success, Zafar has learned to be generous with his success. He volunteers his Saturday morning to teaching web design and business graphics at a local youth center. “Web design was the bridge of my success,” Zafar says. “Through web design, I was able to branch off and pursue interests of mine which eventually evolved into a business. The kids at the youth centers are not familiar with the Internet because they come from households of lower socio-economic status and can’t afford things like computers. I want to give them the opportunity to succeed. Most of these kids come from underprivileged and minority households which are things I can relate to.”

Zafar’s plans for the future include attending college and furthering business development for L-40 Networks. New projects on the horizon include www.PictureRank.com , a singles portal where people blindly exchange pictures, messages, and interests. In its first month, the site has reached over 10,000 visitors daily and has already repaid the costs incurred in producing it.

From what started as a teen hobby and a $70 investment, Zafar seems to be pulling a nifty return. The 16-year-old prodigy is the son of Dr. Asma and Khalid Jafri.

Mashallah. It's great to hear such a brilliant success story. He makes all Pakistani's proud.

Comment

mashallah te subhan allah...
      very hi nice...
      thanx 4 sharing...
      God bless u...

DerVaisH

------------------
      muhabatein theen kabhi apne dermian kitni...
      bicha gaye hai anna hum mein doorian kitni...
      abhi to toota hai dil hi teri judai mein...
      girein gi hum pe abhi aur bijlian kitni...

Comment

The Game Responds:

He likes *Wrestling*.People,That Is All.

------------------
        THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS CROREPATI,MILLIONAIRE,AND TRUE PAKI.I ASSUME ALL OF YOU RECOGNIZE THESE GREAT PERSONALITIES...

Comment

Originally posted by the game:
          The Game Responds:

He likes *Wrestling*.People,That Is All.

My My Crorepati some one to challenge you?

Comment

Good for the kid. Only in America can this happen. With that kind of financial and business savvy maybe he should be running Pakistan's economy.

Comment

Originally posted by Infoman:
              Good for the kid. Only in America can this happen. With that kind of financial and business savvy maybe he should be running Pakistan's economy.
              Thanks for the advice BUT charity starts at home, I am sure 500M beggers will apprecite your efforts.

Comment

best of luck kid! may Allah help you succeed in both lives.

------------------
                We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Originally posted by Shah Jahan:
                  My My Crorepati some one to challenge you?
                  The Game Responds:

The Game would rather *Pity that fool* than accepting his challenge.People,That Is All.

------------------
                  THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS CROREPATI,MILLIONAIRE,AND TRUE PAKI.I ASSUME ALL OF YOU RECOGNIZE THESE GREAT PERSONALITIES...

Comment

A truly remarkable individual. He is an asset to his family and to his nation.

However Mr. Abdali must you pick a fight with Mr. Infoman?
                    The point Mr. infoman made could have been seen as an insult or a joke, wouldn't it be easier to ignore it and not start another fight like i have read all over these forums?

[This message has been edited by IB (edited August 09, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by IB:
                      A truly remarkable individual. He is an asset to his family and to his nation.

However Mr. Abdali must you pick a fight with Mr. Infoman?
                      The point Mr. infoman made could have been seen as an insult or a joke, wouldn't it be easier to ignore it and not start another fight like i have read all over these forums?

[This message has been edited by IB (edited August 09, 2001).]
                      I like picking on these Indians when supported with facts and they are in complete denial, I think I will have to take your advice to ignore birdbrais as I have been asked by few other members to do so.

Buy then there will be no fun I think I can put up with it.

Comment

Thank you Mr. Abdali, there is no need for animosity over the net, this is virtual environment and should not be taken seriously.

A peaceful discussion is much better than one degenerating into mud slinging and insults, if one starts that why should the other lower him or herself to that level?

Regards Abby

Comment

Working...
                        X