Dr. Tahir-ul-Qadri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Tahir-ul-Qadri

is this person getting invloved in politics 2 much now, or what?? just heard a part of some speech while he was addressing some ppl, and the words he was using...i was just

so what's the scoop here anyone?

------------------
    If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes...

What did he say?

Comment

hmmmm wat u talking about

Comment

Prof Tahir ul Qadri was a very respected religious scholar, commanding great respect for his scholarly command and presentation of islamic issues. I really liked him.

But then in early 1990's he decided that the real thing is popular politics. Sharif family who had patronized him a lot were not impressed and Tahir ul Qadri decided to go solo.

Since then it has been an uphill task for him to gain any credibility in politics and he had been a total disaster in electoral politics. Mixing religion with politics had never been a very bright idea, and Prof Tahir ul Qadri is a prime example of how an otherwise respected religious scholar loses so much respect so quickly when he ventures into the muddy waters of Pakistani politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Pristine:

Prof Tahir ul Qadri was a very respected religious scholar, commanding great respect for his scholarly command and presentation of islamic issues. I really liked him.

But then in early 1990's he decided that the real thing is popular politics. Sharif family who had patronized him a lot were not impressed and Tahir ul Qadri decided to go solo.

Since then it has been an uphill task for him to gain any credibility in politics and he had been a total disaster in electoral politics. Mixing religion with politics had never been a very bright idea, and Prof Tahir ul Qadri is a prime example of how an otherwise respected religious scholar loses so much respect so quickly when he ventures into the muddy waters of Pakistani politics.

thank u for explaning

Comment

Tahir-ul-Qadri,..An Opportunist MULLAH,..who is ready to sacrifice anything for political gains.He is hungry for power and fame.His past tells us all,.......

[This message has been edited by TARIQ786USA (edited July 29, 2001).]
            °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

Comment

i was referring to the other Qadri who was killed in Karachi by SSP a few months ago.

[This message has been edited by alizadeh2000 (edited July 30, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by alizadeh2000:
                He was killed in cold blood by Sipah e Sahaba Pakistan.

Usually SSP killers get away but this time Dr. Qadri's bodyguard killed one of the assailants, Arshad.

It was later revealed that Arshad was recently released from jail and he went backstraight to his bloodthirsty ways.

Not that I'm complaining, I mean getting killed has become sort of a way of life for us but u know it gets sickening sometimes when you see Sunnis dying when people mistake them for Shi'as and kill them.

I mean, isn't this going a bit too far?
                u sure u know what ur talking about?
                venture out of the shia-sunni world once in a while.

Prof. Tahir al-Qadri is alive and well. hes in the USA these days on a lecture tour.

Youre have him confused with someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by TARIQ786USA:
                  Tahir-ul-Qadri,..An Opportunist MULLAH,..who is ready to sacrifice anything for political gains.He is hungry for power and fame.His past tells us all,.......

I think it'll keep happening to all those who beat up the crap "my sect is a MUSLIM other is kaafir" or "my sect is better than yours". He is one of 'brelvi' sub-sect ulemas.

We have to rise above the minor differences. We have to accept other sect as 'of different opinion but still right'. Otherwise we'll keep running on the downhill.

------------------
                  We oughta be Changez like, don't we?

Comment

Originally posted by DeSiMuNdA:
                    is this person getting invloved in politics 2 much now, or what?? just heard a part of some speech while he was addressing some ppl, and the words he was using...i was just

so what's the scoop here anyone?

well desimunda...like khan_sahib said, i wud ask the same, that what did he say? the way you put it that "the words he was using and your eek expression"..sounds like must've been very indecent or something or what? plz do enlight us eh what did ya hear
                    and i hope ya aint judging him or his whole life or his mission by just listening to some part of a speech

Concerning..whats the scoop here and why he's involved in politics...is simple.

as far as i know, seen and heard about him from his speeches and conferences etc...he has devoted his life to a mission "mustafi inqalab"-"The Mustafwi Revolution" in Pakistan by establishing an Islamic Moderate state. and that my friend cannot be achieved without entering or taking part in politics.. oh yes it can,,,if ya want a bloody revolution instead, like the one in iran for instance hmmmm

its kinda sad that some of our naive pakistanis and fella muslims say that why shud a religious scholar fusion politics and religion together...thats its a messy affair blah blah..and some even go to the extreme by saying its haram and that he shud stay in the mosque and keep preaching and give jummah sermons. Period. thats it. Now can someone plz tell me in what hadith or verse of Quraan its stated that Islam has nothing to do with politics.
                    If practicing islam-living islam was just restrained to listening jumah sermons and religious speeches then the prophet's grandson wud've never left Medina to Karbela to fight the political injustice against His Grandfather's and our Deen, oh and whats that? it was and is Islam.

If politics had nothing to do with islam then our beloved Prophet wud've never laid the foundation of the first Islamic state in Madina in the history of Mankind, the foundation of taxing, zakaat, welfare, education etc had already started in his time. and yet the way of choosing a khalifa on democratic basis was established back then as well (now that's another issue who shudve been or not...lets not go into that very detail)

so lets inshaAllah read the history for this time sake before we all start labelling or judging anyone for his/her involvement in politics just becoz a person is a religious scholar

afterall..Pakistan was achieved for the sake of Islam and Muslims. can we honestly claim that islam is being implemented to the fullest in our country eh ?

so if a person has finally made a pledge and mission-tehreek to implement and establish an islamic moderate state, then do tell me as well whats wrong with it? and Plllllzzzzzz lets not start judging an individual that he's doing all this for power, for personal interests or any worldly cause.

From what ive seen and heard he's doing it for you, me, us the pakistani nation and for a true moderate islamic state.
                    And Allah knows best what his intentions are, as He is the All Knowing.

------------------
                    When this body is destined to face death, then let it die in the best way as a ~Martyr~ in the way of your Creator.

[This message has been edited by SkyWalker (edited July 30, 2001).]

Comment

was ?
                      trust me pristine...He's mashaAllah still a very highly praised scholar and devoted to a goal not meant for him but for all of us in Pakistan as i replied to desimunda's post.

are ya saying well atleast using the past tense about his credibility just becoz he has entered politics eh? do ya think its fair by judging someone on basis of his political ambitions ? well...only you know what are the reasons you dont like him anymore...thats your choice of course.

the way i look at it, is that he has achieved a lot in the past 20-22 years. the way he has established the NGO-Minhaj ul Quran(The Way of Quraan) with its head office in Lahore and branches organized all over the world..in more than i believe 70 countries..
                      stretching from north america thru europe and middle east to fareast asia and down under. The way so many ppl and youngsters especially have been involved since the 80's ..studying and learning all sorta topics spanning from religion to politics..
                      in their organized schools and colleges thru out pakistan.

try to imagine how much youth mustve been prepared thru mass education and learnings thru all these years, who wud do anything for their leader of a certain mission, in this case namely 'Minhaj-ul-Quran's Mustafwi revolution' for a purpose of establishing an islamic moderate state in Pakistan.....

i think its just a question of time that their political wing PAT-pakistan awami tehreek gains control in the political arena of pakistan. And knowing all those dirty tricks being used back there, it'll most certainly take some adversity and patience to break thru ya know.

and concerning nawaz sharif...as far as i know and remember that Prof Dr Qadri was never part of nawaz politics...he used to give jummah sermons at their mosque in Model town Lahore, during the days when mr.nawaz was the chief minister of punjab,,
                      and when he saw how mr.nawaz was misusing the government etc and when Dr.Qadri was given some vision in medina in his dreams by our holy prophet himself, he decided to embark on his mission, the one he's leading now namely 'The Islamic Revolution' in Pakistan...'

------------------
                      When this body is destined to face death, then let it die in the best way as a ~Martyr~ in the way of your Creator.

Comment

Originally posted by TARIQ786USA:

subhan'Allah some of us are just...

Think twice before ya issue such statement dost

i aint here to promote DR.Qadri or similar...but just sharing what i know about him and His mission. if he was an oppurtunist or a mullah, he wud've been still sitting in Lahore giving jummah sermons and recieving thursday khattam shareef khana

hope ya will read what i replied to desimunda and pristine..he aint looking for power and fame. and Allah knows best.

Ofcourse he has already sacrificed his everything, his personal comfort and personal wishes and desires for ppl like you and me and rest of pakistanis living down there and abroad. giving lectures etc at all sort of occassions and conferences around the world. for who? for establishing an islamic state in pakistan thru his revolitionary mission by motivating and enlightening every possible pakistani affiliated to their mission around the world. maaaan..the list goes on and on.. can you imagine the rehmah of Allah bestown upon his mission and organization...i dont think there's any other mission or ngo established worldwide in more than 70-80 countries... which includes ppl from all walks of life consisting of youth, boys and girls, men and women and elders devoted to one single cause ya know...And Allah knows best what their niyyah and intentions are...

His past tells us all,.......
                        ahan ? and whats that dost? do share his past with us too..maybe it will reveal some evil charachteristics and devious intentions of his eh

i can just share some links with ya guys...what ive seen from their websites etc...

their main organizational site is:
                        www.minhaj.org

and about his achievements etc
                        http://minhajians.net/Quaid-e-Inqelab.htm

and i found another link too:
                        http://dr.tahir-ul-qadri.com/

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Changez_like:
                          I think it'll keep happening to all those who beat up the crap "my sect is a MUSLIM other is kaafir" or "my sect is better than yours". He is one of 'brelvi' sub-sect ulemas.

We have to rise above the minor differences. We have to accept other sect as 'of different opinion but still right'. Otherwise we'll keep running on the downhill.

brelvi ? says who

trust me he aint one of those shcolars or imams who go around judging, accusing or labelling other sects as kaffirs etc.

He himself and his mission is 'Ahlus Sunnah wa al jamaat' and he has gained his knowldege and teachings etc thru the lineage of scholars descending from Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jillani and we all know whos descendent shaykh abdul qadir jillani is
                          namely from the house of our beloved prophet(peace be upon him)

and from those links ive pasted in my last posts, ive read that he was given ijazah and learnt and gained the qadria tareeqat thru one of the students of shaykh abdul qadir jillani or his students called Shaykh tahir allaudding qadri, who migrated from iraq to pakistan. And his masoleum is situated in Lahore too.

------------------

Comment

The things that I have heard about this person are not very favourable...I will have to get Amir to post about it.

Comment

.....Mixing religion with politics had never been a very bright idea, ......
                              Do you mean mixing clergy with power or mixing religion with politics as I have heard people saying "Islam is a complete code of conduct" so surely it would apply somehow (I don't know how) to Politics as well. No?

Comment

Working...
                              X