Pak vs Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pak vs Japan

there's a series running titled HIROSHIMA and it's about the war, the bombing etc etc...this is around 1945, WWII...anyway...they showed the kamakazi war planes, there huge air power, etc etc...when it hit me, a lot of people go on about how japan and pakistan acheived independence at around the same time, and look at japan where it has gotten and look at pakistan...where it is, blah blah blah...
    Pakistan were never as est as japan was...when india and pakistan split up, lol...sounds like divorce, anyway...pakistan weren't given the agreed upon number of planes, war ships etc etc, so to measure pakistan against japan is inaccurate to say the least.

------------------
    "There as many ideas in the minds of men and women as there are stars in the sky, it is your job to hold on to one and make it come true"
    Anonymous

>>>a lot of people go on about how japan and pakistan acheived independence at around the same time<<<

can you elaborate a little on this one?

Comment

Japan's fate was decided by the allies and postured their military towards a defensive entity under the U.S. umbrella. That allowed japan to invest more in social and industrial growth. They chose the right path. Pakistan didn't.

Comment

I think it was Pakistan and China as both got independence in the late 40s.

People who compare Pakistan and Japan are of the view that Japan got destroyed in WW2 so how come they are better off but they forget that Japan didn't have big spending of their budget towards security.

Comment

Originally posted by khan_sahib:
          I think it was Pakistan and China as both got independence in the late 40s.

People who compare Pakistan and Japan are of the view that Japan got destroyed in WW2 so how come they are better off but they forget that Japan didn't have big spending of their budget towards security.
          Japan had a huge industrial base during WWII.
          Comparing Japan and Pak is like apples and oranges. India,Pak and China got their independence about the same time. Unfortunately Pak inherited nothing after the partition every thing was in India taking that into account Pak has not done bad.
          And I would say China has done much much better.

Comment

Working...
          X