X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farid
    replied
    PJ,

Right you are. Its blah,blah,blah for idiots like you.

BombayKid,

My third question actually addressed to Indians. Why so many dishes were prepared for the dinner? Was it Indians strategy to feed well and treet well before cutting the slit of a 'chicken'? I thought simple dinner would have been enough honour for the military ruler if any agreement would have been reached. And yes serious disccussions are being taking place in Indian parliament, the supporters and opposition has strongly urged to Vajpai to prepare agreed agenda between the two parties before he visits Pakistan. They have also strongly pressed the PM to tell General that Kashmir is 'Atot Ang' of India and there will be no compromise on that issue-Isn't it a catch 22 situation?

FARID

Leave a comment:

• PJ
    replied

farid, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, all u seem to say.

PAKISTAN BAINDABAD !

Leave a comment:

• Farid
    replied
    Sabah,

It was not my intention to insult first lady. The way it was shown on TV, was pretty disgusting. General went for solving Kashmir problem not for performing 'Romeo and Juliet' drama.

BombayKid,

I agree with your comments "We can hope for better times ahead but I would seriously doubt that the Pakistani army would be sincere and interested in solving disputes between our two nations. Since Gen Musharraf is not accountable to the public back home he can pretty much do what he wants to but if Vajpayee compromises even a little on India's security and national interests then he and his government will be history !!"

Pakis have dreamed all their lives, when the day will come when our leaders whether a so-called politician or a military dictator brought to task who compromised national interests with the fulfilment of their own agenda, ego and greed.

FARID

Leave a comment:

• TARIQ786USA
    replied
    Originally posted by Abdali:
    Same to you, Oh BTW when we can kill you with thousand cuts why not see a slow death.

Or do you think we should give Chinese a chance to give you another Vijay
    Abdali,
    Yaar you are right on the Dot,...Actually India thinks after going through Vijay,...they can handle anything,..makes me laugh sometime,..Because,.they are day dreaming,..God Forbid if that time comes,..
    India won't be able to fully understand the whole situation,..and by the time they do,.its gonna be too late......
    I don't like it but eventual end of South East Asia will be very bad,..No Wonder USA and WEST is pushing India to make peace with Pakistan,...Pakistan is not in hurry anyway,..
    Some Indian friends here say that Musharaf said,..Any place any where and any time,...My dearst confused friends,....In the war of Public Relations,..Musharaf showed to the world that he is willing but India is playing hardball,...Thus putting the whole world pressure on India,..India had no choice that's why they had to Invite Musharaf,....First they didn't like him,..then they gave him a Red Carpet welcome and now they are trying their best to hide their incompetency,...WELL,..Musharaf went to India ,..Didn't compromise anything,..did everything as he wanted,..too bad for India,..they let slip away the historical opportunity.
    So Don't worry guyz,.Time will tell us,..I hope both countries knows the reality and also know the consequences.

[This message has been edited by TARIQ786USA (edited July 18, 2001).]

Leave a comment:

• CM
    replied
    Slider is it a punjabi conspiracy to make sure that the sindhis like farid should never amount to anything.
    Its obvious!

------------------
    Our's not to reason why,
    Our's but to do and die:

Leave a comment:

• Abdali
    replied
    Originally posted by ZZ:
    if u believe pak will win, pak should go for war, roast india and get kashmir.
    Same to you, Oh BTW when we can kill you with thousand cuts why not see a slow death.

Or do you think we should give Chinese a chance to give you another Vijay

Leave a comment:

• TARIQ786USA
    replied
    Originally posted by ZZ:
    ZZ,
    get down from high flying horse and get real.You India army is nothing but bunch of mules ,..who have no obejective just to kill inncent old people and rape women,...If this is kind Army India has then,.you guyz must be ashamed of yourself.
    BTW,...Pakistan Army is not sleeping anyway,..they are planning and everything possible to kick you guyz anywhere,,....should there comes a time.
    pAKISTAN IS WAY AHEAD OF MISSILE AND NUCLEAR FIELD,...Than its rival India,....I am not saying this read Western media,..If someone wants to draem like you go ahead,..But If there comes the time,..trsut me your all Indian Army will be sitting duck in front of Pakistan Army,...and Pakistan Army knows the importance of time and how to out maneuvor ENEMY.
    Whether you guyz have a Anti-missile technology,..or anything like that,..still you guyz are more vulnerable than Pakistan,...And just imagine the country of 1 billion people goes into flames and cease to exist,...though Pakistan will be gone too,..But we will make sure none of the Indian live either,......
    WAKE UP and say hi to 21st Century,......You are sleeping man,.....you need dosage of reality,...will be given to you as you needed,.....

Leave a comment:

• durango
    replied
    http://www.atimes.com/ind-pak/CG19Df01.html
    Spinning around South Asia
    By Pepe Escobar

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited July 19, 2001).]

Leave a comment:

• ZZ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TARIQ786USA
    replied
    Originally posted by ZZ:
    OK now 54 years have passed since independence and the things that would have been taken in a stride at that time will no longer happen easily because both sides have hardened their position and fought 3 and half wars on it.
    summit has its advantages. people have got to know the general and what to expect of him. people believe that either side not budging an inch is a victory for themselves. that could be good for press. but that essentially means that no solution will be found unless one of the sides faces an overhelming military defeat. can military conflict be risked. if india gets early warning system and anti-missile devices, it can hope to stop nuclear designs of pak in bud and try conventional war. whoever wins, wins.
    Good thoery for bollywood,..But Pakistan can still manage to get you guyz out,.and roast you in a matter of minutes,..don't Play ,..WHAT IF GAME HERE,....
    Pakistan Army would love to teach you guyz whenever need arises,..But for your kind information,..stop reading children stories,...India has a mighty Armed Forces
    Well if you believe this - God help you!
    700,000 troops against a population of 4million?? The world's largest soldier to civilian ratio!! India has lost more men in
    Siachin/Kargil/1971/1965/1949 than Pakistan - comparatively speaking...
    The India Today, claimed the forces are now suffering from lack of desire for potential officer material, but if they are so hugh and
    mighty - shouldn't people be wanting a career in the forces, like the US (and Pakistan)?Right now Indian Armed Forces needs 12,000
    officers so bad, Can't find young people willing to go for Army anymore.Their new breed of indians just need easy and key punching
    jobs...Indian Army have more shortages since Kargil.......

...the list is endless, and this is but a mere tip of the ice berg...

Leave a comment:

• ZZ
    replied
    OK now 54 years have passed since independence and the things that would have been taken in a stride at that time will no longer happen easily because both sides have hardened their position and fought 3 and half wars on it.
    summit has its advantages. people have got to know the general and what to expect of him. people believe that either side not budging an inch is a victory for themselves. that could be good for press. but that essentially means that no solution will be found unless one of the sides faces an overhelming military defeat. can military conflict be risked. if india gets early warning system and anti-missile devices, it can hope to stop nuclear designs of pak in bud and try conventional war. whoever wins, wins.

Leave a comment:

• sabah
    replied
    Since I don't have information about Askai Chen (sp?) I won't comment on that.

As for the disputed territory, even India used this term for Kashmir instead of atoot ang.

As for insulting the hosts, in what way? What did he do, if you're referring to the tea party, I believe India and Indians should be smart enough to understand how important that was. Frankly speaking BK, I'd say it's not Pak army but GOI who's playing games, what's the logic behind talking to Kashmiris without Pak and visa versa? India should be confident enough in her case to invite Kashmiri leaders even before Pak's request.

As for being accountable, CE's position is more on stake then Mr. V's as CE prolly would have been forced to stay up in the air had he compromised against Kashmiri ppl's wishes and Pak's nationa interests. He's accountable to the ppl of Pak and Pak forces.

Leave a comment:

• BombayKid
    replied
    sabah,
    "As for the UN resolutions, who is 'the government of that day'? Are we talking about IOK or Kashmir in general?"

We are talking Indian Kashmir as the UN resolutions had declared Pakistan as the aggressors in J&K. Moreover if Pakistan feels that the Kashmir is disputed territory then they had no right to gift away parts of J&K to China. Who is Pakistan to decide whether certain parts of J&K belong to China if they think its a disputed territory ?

Anyway, I think he did the right thing by coming as he was invited by our PM. Things would have gone much better had he not decided to insult his hosts -- obviously meant for public consumption back home. We can hope for better times ahead but I would seriously doubt that the Pakistani army would be sincere and interested in solving disputes between our two nations. Since Gen Musharraf is not accountable to the public back home he can pretty much do what he wants to but if Vajpayee compromises even a little on India's security and national interests then he and his government will be history !!

[This message has been edited by BombayKid (edited July 18, 2001).]

Leave a comment:

• sabah
    replied
    I assume you don't expect answers to all your questions so I'll just pick what I like from your post, hope you won't mind.

>>The bottom line is that no spadework was done before attending the summit<<

Before going to India CE met the religious parties, businessmen, politicians. No one had expected every party or group to agree to everything CE had said, but he knew what was expected from him, and visa versa.

<<it looked President of Pakistan made fool of him>>

In what way? Did he make any promises that he couldn't keep; did he say anything that he didn't stand by? Come on, it's okay to criticize him, but you should have a valid point.

>>Was insulted by the Indians during the summit.<<

Hamph, my friend just came back from India, she told me that Indian TV even discussed their dresses, so they didn't really ignore him, which is one way to insult someone. It's also said that CE was probably given more attention than Bill Clinton. Sure a lot of indians would take the opportunity to remind CE about the forgotten war prisoners, and a lot of other things, we do have problems, else there would be no need for any summit. Whenever a leader visits another country (if he's worth any attention) ppl protest and do a lot of other things, nothing unusual happened during CE's visit to India.

>>Such visit should have not taken place which proved as wastage of time and money.<<

I guess it's useless to defend the visit now, or in future. Two enemies meeting, sitting in same room talking gotta be a major step.

>The out come of such future visits by the two persons would not be different than this one<

Hampf Allah swt ka wadah hai, mehnat ka sila zaroor milta hai.
    BTW. There was no need to talk about the first lady, sounds pretty low.

>> farid if they really interested in solving the problemthey should have agreement
    in hand before meeting takes place. <<

Chanda why would they waste time and money if they could agree on phone or something? What agreement should they have in hand? CE had one agenda I'm sure Mr. V wasn't un-prepared for the meeting either.

BK, you make it sound, as if CE is the first Pakistani who ever talked about Kashmir. We had democratically elected PM's but at that time India had other problems so there will always be lame excuses for Kashmir dispute. As for the UN resolutions, who is 'the government of that day'? Are we talking about IOK or Kashmir in general? If this is to be one of the steps in solving the Kashmir dispute then what guarantees a fair and human response from GOI?

ZZ, CE didn't have any reason for refusing the invitation, we have a strong case.

Leave a comment:

• TARIQ786USA
    replied
    Farid,
    Read your post,..Thanx for sharing man,Can you plz answer one simple question here,..
    What should have to be done otherwise,..?
    As you don't seems to like Musharaf's visit to India.
    Can plz give us the solutions,..I shall appreciate,.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X