Police Reform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police Reform

Well........long awaiting draft of restructing the police has finally come out.
    http://www.dawn.com/2001/07/19/top12.htm

So what is your views on this changes? I thinh it is excellent idea.

------------------
    "Away from Eyes......Close to Heart"

Just the beginning of what will hopefully be a series of police reforms. The biggest problem with our police force though, is the rampant corruption that sadly all-too-often undermines its capacity to enforce the law.
    Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
    Al-Ghazali

Comment

Originally posted by mAd_ScIeNtIsT:
      Just the beginning of what will hopefully be a series of police reforms. The biggest problem with our police force though, is the rampant corruption that sadly all-too-often undermines its capacity to enforce the law.
      Aye that be true!

------------------
      Our's not to reason why,
      Our's but to do and die:
      You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Originally posted by mAd_ScIeNtIsT:

With the kind of salary these tullas make can they survive on that? If they cannot what avenue do they have to support their families?

Comment

Originally posted by Abdali:

With the kind of salary these tullas make can they survive on that? If they cannot what avenue do they have to support their families?

Abdali,
          Well said man,..I agree with you.
          My question is,..what everyone thinks if we just close this department,...is there gonna be any crimes,..?
          If No,.why,...?
          If yes how,..?
          No more Police and no more crimes,...hos is that,..?

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

Comment

They aren't paid much, but does that mean they have to attempt bribry and stuff?
            Can't they live a decent moral life?

------------------
            Our's not to reason why,
            Our's but to do and die:

Comment

Originally posted by CM:
              They aren't paid much, but does that mean they have to attempt bribry and stuff?
              Can't they live a decent moral life?

They can live an honest life and starve. In most of the rich countries judges are paid handsomely for the same reason.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by TARIQ786USA:
                Abdali,
                My question is,..what everyone thinks if we just close this department,...is there gonna be any crimes,..?
                If No,.why,...?
                If yes how,..?
                What happened to my MILLION DOLLAR's Question,....No one can answer,..right,...?

Comment

Excerpt from the article.

Under the proposed law, the role of the police would be re-defined. It would replace Police Act, enacted by the British rulers 140 years ago.

140 years old, and they still expected the system to work, after 2 system changes(minus britain, minus india) and many fold increase in population? Glad its being done away with.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by TARIQ786USA:
                    Originally posted by TARIQ786USA:
                    Abdali,
                    If No,.why,...?
                    If yes how,..?
                    What happened to my MILLION DOLLAR's Question,....No one can answer,..right,...?
                    My first hand experience is very different from stories put out by individuals.

After 20 years when I landed as Quaid-a-Azam airport I was scared s**t.

I was out of the airport in 15 minutes.

Immigration was very very good out in 5 minutes.

Custom was awesome just x-rayed my bags

police, I never saw them harasing any one and I never got harased even though my cousin skiped several trafic lights right in front of a tulla with a motor-bike. I wass expecting Mr Tulla chasing us and asking for some green notes

Police dept. might have a few bad apples and few rotten to teh core apples and few good apples. But me think we need police department and we need to give them raise and at the same time execute any caught for corruption.

Comment

If No,.why,...?
                      If yes how,..?
                      -In my opinion if we close this department then people will settle their disputes/problems personally and this means whoever is mighty/powerful will win.
                      So, Yes there will be more crimes and this will also give the professional criminals A OPEN HAND to do what ever they like.

What we really need to train police to use other techniques other then beating to investigate the crimes. For example use of finger printing and DNA testing. Use of forensic evidences and also police should have some good network of surveillance.

Let alone all these things, in many cases police has no radio so they even cannot call for help if they need more man power. So there are many things that are being done and many things that need to be done.

If we look at police here, they dont have very fast cars or bikes to beat the criminals getting away. What we have here is a network of police that ready to respond and can be called just by radio. If we have give every policeman a radio to talk to base and other police stations then it will improve the efficiency of the police.
                      Off course someone has to tell tula how to use it

------------------
                      "Away from Eyes......Close to Heart"

[This message has been edited by Insaaniat (edited July 21, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Abdali:
                        They can live an honest life and starve. In most of the rich countries judges are paid handsomely for the same reason.
                        Ok yes, there wages need to be increased, i don't argue that, but do they have to take in the immoral way out to live a life.
                        Haram key zindagy koie zindagy hai??

------------------
                        Our's not to reason why,
                        Our's but to do and die:

Comment

Originally posted by Insaaniat:
                          Well........long awaiting draft of restructing the police has finally come out.
                          http://www.dawn.com/2001/07/19/top12.htm

So what is your views on this changes? I thinh it is excellent idea.

>
                          >
                          Dost read this,..
                          >
                          Dawn , letter to the editor, June 19,01
                          Rule of law
                          GENERAL Pervez Musharraf very eloquently and forcefully emphasized the need for the rule of law in the country in the Seerat Conference at Islamabad. However, according to a news report (Dawn June 15) a highway traffic policeman stopped an overspeeding car near Attock and tried to give a ticket to the driver who was driving at a speed of 139 KPH in a speed zone of 100 KPH.

The driver, instead of accepting his mistake, reportedly got infuriated, abused the policeman and reported the matter to the Senior Superintendent of Police who in turn promptly suspended the policeman and initiated an inquiry against him.

The driver went scot free. The driver happened to be a major general! Where is the rule of law?

Comment

Working...
                          X