Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indian offer to construct Gawadar port rejected..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indian offer to construct Gawadar port rejected..

Old news of dated 7/1/2001,..But worth reading.........
    India Concerned About Gawadar!

For India to be awarded any construction projects (in the future) in Pakistan will require the settlement of the Kashmir Dispute per the 1948/49 UN plebiscite resolutions. Thus, it is in India?s supreme self interest that India sincerely solves the Kashmir dispute in the coming talks with Pakistan this month. India and Pakistan will both reap an economic whirlwind once the mortal conflict over Kashmir is satisfactorily resolved, per the 1948/49 Kashmir UN resolutions.
    >
    >
    http://frontierpost.com.pk/main.asp?...date1=7/1/2001
    -------------------------------------------
    Indian offer to construct Gawadar port rejected
    Fakhar-ur- Rehman
    Updated on 7/1/2001 1:18:15 PM

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has rejected an Indian offer for the construction of Gawadar port which it has recently awarded to a Chinese Company, informed sources said Saturday.
    The sources said that the Indians seems very perturb over the grant of the Gawadar port construction to Chinese and expressed its interest to construct on more competitive rates than the Chinese which Pakistan rejected without giving any consideration.
    ? this matter is closed and not likely to come up during the summit meeting between President General Pervez Musharraf and Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee?.
    Notwithstanding the Indian concern over the strategic aspect of the Gawadar port, the two main subjects on which the talks will focus are the Kashmir issue and the Iran-India gas pipeline via Pakistan.
    Pakistan has awarded a contract of the construction of the Gawadar Port to China and an agreement to this effect was inked during the visit of the Chinese Prime Minister in May last on the eve of the golden jubilee of establishment of the diplomatic relationship between the two countries.
    On Personal Note,....
    BTW,...China-Pakistan alliance can give the following headaches to India....as follows:
    >
    A) Oil embargo against India
    B) No transit facilities for India through through Pakistan to Central Asia
    C) Kashmir Freedom Fighters will target India henceforth (Economic/Military Infrastructure)
    D) Creation of Combined OIC military command to deal with Indian/Hindu intransigence
    E) Creation of China-Pakistan Defense Pact
    F) NO Most favored Nation Status for India until India evacuates from Kashmir
    G) Borders will remain closed, No transit Facilities, No Trade with India
    ------------
    May be they already well aware of these facts,..Even USA can't help India in above mentioned situations.

[This message has been edited by TARIQ786USA (edited July 21, 2001).]
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

Good thing they did.
    The chinese can do a better job at a better rate.
    Plus we can trust.

------------------
    Our's not to reason why,
    Our's but to do and die:
    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

i doubt that pak will let india build a port i my lifetime. this offer must have been just fro propaganda sake. pak does not even buy tea, it will let india build port.
      so rejection of offer is no surprise. but the question is who else would get in the game. will US be worried about chiese presence.

Comment

Originally posted by ZZ:
        i doubt that pak will let india build a port i my lifetime. this offer must have been just fro propaganda sake. pak does not even buy tea, it will let india build port.
        so rejection of offer is no surprise. but the question is who else would get in the game. will US be worried about chiese presence.
        ZZ,
        A Lot,.....

Comment

Originally posted by TARIQ786USA:
          Old news of dated 7/1/2001,..But worth reading.........
          India Concerned About Gawadar!
          Concerned they are we know that and we also know why. If US is concerned India must be wetting its dhoti.

And do the Indians even have the techology to build a deep sea port...

Comment

Originally posted by Abdali:
            Concerned they are we know that and we also know why. If US is concerned India must be wetting its dhoti.

Abdali,
            Yaar the stretagic importance of this port is known in USA and In SouthEast Asia too...trust me.India knows now,..and can see through the crystal Ball,..what's gonna happen,...USA is silent but inside their pants are getting wets too,...China will have Control over everything from this port.
            Oil flow to WEST,..Japan and other nations,...If Russia would have been given this port by Pakistan,..trust me,.USA would have been begging us and RUSSIA TO SPARE THEIR MISERY.Just wait and See dost,...

Comment

Originally posted by TARIQ786USA:

Abdali,
              Yaar the stretagic importance of this port is known in USA and In SouthEast Asia too...trust me.India knows now,..and can see through the crystal Ball,..what's gonna happen,...USA is silent but inside their pants are getting wets too,...China will have Control over everything from this port.
              Oil flow to WEST,..Japan and other nations,...If Russia would have been given this port by Pakistan,..trust me,.USA would have been begging us and RUSSIA TO SPARE THEIR MISERY.Just wait and See dost,...

I would be wetting my pants too if I'd find out I will be starved..

Comment

I would be wetting my pants too if I'd find out I will be starved..
                I know dost,......

Comment

Working...
                X