X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Musharraf a man of strong will, says expert

http://www.dawn.com/2001/07/19/top6.htm

Musharraf a man of strong will, says expert

NEW DELHI, July 18: President Pervez Musharraf may have appeared cool and composed during his weekend trip to India but the strong-willed general was actually tense, a handwriting expert claimed on Wednesday.

Vineet Kumar studied the entry Musharraf penned on Saturday in the visitor's book at Rajghat, the New Delhi memorial to Indian independence leader Mahatma Gandhi, and concluded the general was tense and nervous.

"He is not very demonstrative of his emotions of affection and is not hypocritical," Kumar told The Hindu daily.

In his one-page homage to Gandhi, Musharraf put firm pressure on the pen, forming his letters with large and heavy loops. He crossed all his T's, but missed some of the dots on his I's.

"This implies that the military ruler is not a commonplace man but a thinker. He is known for taking initiatives and has a scientific bent of mind," Kumar said.

Musharraf stayed within the margin, showing he is "quite conservative and practical," and the spacing between his letters shows he has "a flexible mind but is impulsive at times."

As for his signature, inked swiftly in big letters with the final F crossed to form an underline, it shows Musharraf is self-assertive with strong individuality, Kumar concluded.-AFP

I agree. I wouldn't expect anything different from a great General. Clear vision of objective and cool determination to carry it out with the best of his abilities. That is what we expect of the military.

But as a President and Politician, Sorry. He leaves much to be desired.

1. No political vision of the future of Pakistan as a respected country in the community of nations.

2. No vision of how to solve the internal conflict in Pakistan.

3. No vision how to have satisfactory relations with India. [Still Singing the same old song of the past 50 years]

A good statesman, leads to country to greatness, and brings the masses to see his vision, even if the road is difficult.

Jinnah was the last great thinker of Pakistan

[This message has been edited by Tanhaa (edited July 19, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Tanhaa:
      I agree. I wouldn't expect anything different from a great General. Clear vision of objective and cool determination to carry it out with the best of his abilities. That is what we expect of the military.

But as a President and Politician, Sorry. He leaves much to be desired.

1. No political vision of the future of Pakistan as a respected country in the community of nations.

2. No vision of how to solve the internal conflict in Pakistan.

3. No vision how to have satisfactory relations with India. [Still Singing the same old song of the past 50 years]

A good statesman, leads to country to greatness, and brings the masses to see his vision, even if the road is difficult.

Jinnah was the last great thinker of Pakistan

[This message has been edited by Tanhaa (edited July 19, 2001).]

You are expecting too much in avery short time. Decades of wrongs cannot be wright in two short years.

Comment

Working...
      X