Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

India Pakistan talks Collapse, Summit Fails, No Joint Declaration

India _ Pakistan Talks Collapse, No Joint Declaration

A Pakistani spokesman said President Pervez Musharraf would leave soon after a final meeting with Prime Minister later tonight. A press briefing is scheduled soon.

Yes it was expected that nothing would happen.

------------------
    Our's not to reason why,
    Our's but to do and die:
    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

That is nothing but a dramatic spin put to it by the indian media, otherwise, despite kashmir not having been discussed extensively and positively in this summit, i think the fact alone that the two sides met makes it a success.
      Noone expected Gen Musharraf to come back with a signed agreement on the future of Kashmir...and noone expected Vajpayee to sign over kashmiris rights to them just like that. But there were a lot of pluses.

The high tea in which the APHC members were invited, was joined by many indian dignitaries as well, despite the media hype that the tea would be a bust.
      The two sides met, had 3 meetings between the two heads, and met cordially, and more importantly, frankly.
      A lot of peripheral issues have been resolved amicably...like relaxation of visas, issue of possible POWs, and possible trade relaxations.

So it isnt exactly a bust. To me, its a step in the right direction. One thing india andpakistan should ensure is not to drag in US interests in the talks, since that seems to be the focus so far.....that these talks are taking place because of america's insistence. US should be left out of the loop for once, and the two sides should dwell on their personal common goals, rather than those of a superpower sitting thousands of miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by Akif:
        I think the fact alone that the two sides met makes it a success.

...and the two sides should dwell on their personal common goals, rather than those of a superpower sitting thousands of miles away.
        Agreed wholeheartedly, Akif

Comment

Working...
        X