Trade with China doubled to be quadruple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade with China doubled to be quadruple

DRASTIC INCREASE OF PAK-CHINA TRADE ACHIEVED - MINISTER.

ISLAMABAD, July 10 (Xinhua) - Pakistani Commerce Minister Abdul Razzaq Dawood Tuesday said trade volumes between Pakistan and China during the outgoing fiscal year have been pushed up greatly through continuous efforts by both sides.
    Addressing a press conference here at the media center of the Press Information Department (PID), Dawood said that the exports to and imports from China during the first ten months of 2000-01 fiscal years stood at 246 million and 450 million U.S. dollars, increasing by 75 percent and four times as compared to the same period in the previous year.
    However, "it is still too low for the quality of friendship between Pakistan and China," said Dawood.
    He proposed that the two countries should forge a "strategic alliance" as far as the economy and trade were concerned, to exploit the large commercial potential existing in between, especially in textile, leather, science and technology sectors.
    "I'd like to go to China myself to further bilateral trade," added the minister.
    It is known that the Commerce Ministry is organizing a trade delegation to visit China in about one and a half month to seek and extend bilateral trade cooperation.
    (c) Copyright 2001 Xinhua News Agency.

Excellent news, but do you have a link for this news???
    I have always said that the Chinese like the military more in pakistan than the despots.
    The despots are always in the US bed.
    The chinese atleast treat as partners, even if we aren't equals.

------------------
    Our's not to reason why,
    Our's but to do and die:
    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Superb news! Considering that great China is only a few years away from becoming the number 1 economy in th world , and still sgrowing by an impressive 8% plus, Pakistan is well-placed to take advantage of this economic success.

Comment

well thats very gd news but have u ever thought that china wants to tie pak up like USA is doing to india ????????????????????????????????//!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by waleed:
          well thats very gd news but have u ever thought that china wants to tie pak up like USA is doing to india ????????????????????????????????//!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Based on history and our recent experience I should say any one who trusts US is an idiot of the first order. In a nut shell here is US policy.

US do not have permenent friends or enemies but interests and thats the bottom line.

Same may be true for other nations but to a much lesser extend. Take for example USSR/Russia they supported their Indian puppets to the end.

You may be right about China but I'd say between China and US China is the lesser of the two evils. As long as they help with economical development and they already have eg.. Chashma reactors I & II, Gawadar project, Mekhran coastal high way. New reactor for Karachi and the list is endless. These are mega projects so I say two thumbs up to China.

Comment

Originally posted by waleed:
            Never.
            Quick history lesson.
            In 1965, China pakistan with air cover with india.
            We used chinese air space to attack india.
            I am 100% sure if pakistan would not have okayed the ceasefire on the 22nd.
            China would have attacked.
            Chou En Lai was admant that we stand and fight all the way and heck he even promised pak help.
            1971, china refused accepting BD until pakistan accepted it.
            Miscommunication by Kissinger - real mistake or not you decide - made us think that China would attack and help in BD, when they could not for obvious reasons.
            Zia's time we had excellent chinese ties.
            The china pak ties are based on mutual benefit.
            Also chinese aren't ones to forget support and friendship.
            The friendship is based on many years of mutual respect and a bond stronger than friendship.
            The military regimes are thinking with national interest, which i think is better suited if we stick with china.
            While the Despots like the US as they get big pay off's.
            China doesn't care about our domestic situation.
            That is our business, unlike say Iran or the US.
            Then they respect our wishes in trade and development.
            Pak gets the largest amount of development aid from china.
            And they are sincere.
            Heck until 1977, pakistan had to pay back none of the aid they got from china.
            Hope that helps waleed.

------------------
            Our's not to reason why,
            Our's but to do and die:
            You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

thanx for sharing CM that also helped me .

------------------
              I bet it is very hard for You to love all of everybody in the whole
              world. There are few people in my family and I could never do it.

Comment

Abdali,...Good news for Pakistan,..Pakistan must concentarte equally on economics too...I wish all the best to pakistan.
                China is helping us a lot.We must do whatever is in the best interset of Pakistan.
                °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

Comment

Originally posted by Malik73:
                  Superb news! Considering that great China is only a few years away from becoming the number 1 economy in th world , and still sgrowing by an impressive 8% plus, Pakistan is well-placed to take advantage of this economic success.
                  Agree 100%.Pakistan must concentrate on its economics too.That will be the real sign of success,...Inshallah

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

Comment

Working...
                  X