• Show
Clear All

Pak mangoes now sold in British superstores

I hope they also find their way to North America

Samwonline.com

Britain's leading stores to give Pakistani mangoes place on shelves
    By Haris Zamir

Thursday, June 28, 2001 11:14:50 AM EST

KARACHI: Export Promotion Bureau (EPB), Pakistan’s exports watchdog, has received a seal of approval from Britain’s leading supermarkets such as Harrods, Selfridges, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Tesco, etc, which have agreed to put Pakistani mangoes on their shelves.
    The demand for Pakistani mangoes shot off after their being appreciated by the Queen. The Queen and the Royal family members were served with Pakistani mangoes besides traditional strawberries and cream at the elite Royal Ascot Racing event in London.
    Her Majesty’s Representative and Chairman of the Ascot Authority Lord Hartington highlighted the unique qualities of Pakistani mangoes besides applauding the EPB for promoting them in the British markets.
    EPB, with support of Pakistan High Commission in London, has put on display the king of fruits at Harrods stores.
    In a meeting with Chairman Harrods Muhammed Al-Fayed, EPB Chairman Tariq Ikram discussed the prospects of business with Pakistan.
    Al-Fayed assured Ikram of his full support and agreed to send a delegation of merchandising directors of several products to Pakistan within the next few months.

I LOVE EM
    There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the end the sword will always be conquered by the spirit. --Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Our mangoes are already world famous, but Pakistani guavas and anars are also unique in the entire world. Pakistani guavas have a unique aroma and texture, which is not found anywhere in the world

What makes Pakistani fruit so unique is the soil of Pakistan, which is affected by Pakistan's location between the east and the west. Thus we have the best mangoes, Guavas, ANars, grapefruits, apples, etc. This unique combination of soil and climate is pretty much unique in the whole world, which is why our mangoes, anars and guavas have unique aromas and textures.

I have often wondered why only Pakistani mangoes and guavas have aromas, while those from other countries either don't have an aroma, or its very weak. When you cut a Pakistani mango in one room, you can smell it in the next room.

Most other fruits of Pakistan also have distinctly strong smells. Its probably something about the soil of Pakistan.

Pakistani anars are one of the best in the world, esp those from Baluchistan.

Anar is native to Iran and Pakistan's Baluchistan, since Baluchistan is part of ancient Persia. From there it spread to teh rest of the world.

Mangoes are native to Sindh, just as potatoes are native to South American. Since mangoes originated in Sindh, they are definitely the best in the world. Same goes for anar.

Anars in Pakistan are absolutely delicious, they're sold in heaps, whole or juiced, a glass of anar juice is rich of vitamins and the world's best proven source of antioxidants.

Personally i really crave them, and i'm sure many people share the same sentiments. What one wouldnt give for a glass of anar juice...ahhhh

[This message has been edited by alizadeh2000 (edited June 30, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by alizadeh2000:
        Our mangoes are already world famous, but Pakistani guavas and anars are also unique in the entire world. Pakistani guavas have a unique aroma and texture, which is not found anywhere in the world

Mangoes, guavas, anars mmmm mmmm!! stop it please I can't take this any more.

Comment

Abdali
          <<Mangoes, guavas, anars mmmm mmmm!! stop it please I can't take this any more.>>

u dont have to to take'em. They're not bananas. Saghir Nizami once said:

Firdous mayn gandam key ievaz aam jo khatay
          Adam khabi janat say nikalay nahi jaatay!

Comment

How could you forget "Gunnay kaa Russ"

*Sighs*

------------------

[This message has been edited by FunkyDesi (edited July 01, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyDesi:
              How could you forget "Gunnay kaa Russ"

*Sighs*

no no no not gunna please how ever try it with lemon. yammi yammi.

Comment

Hai - Jaman! and sprinkled with masala!!!

Comment

what about other fruits like guavas and coconut etc? we have plenty of those too. I miss the pakistani apples as well, they have their own unique taste.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

bassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss kaarrrooooooooooooooooooooooo sssstttooooooppppppppp tormenting meeeeeeeeeee ok
                    plzzzzzz i miss pak

Comment

Originally posted by Awam ki Awaz:
                      Hai - Jaman! and sprinkled with masala!!!

MooN mein pani ae reha hey. Stop torturing me.

Another question for you Guppies.

There is absolutely no doubt Pakistani mangoes are THE best any time any place.
                      This is from my personal experience. I have tried mangoes from India and Mexico they don't come close. Unless of course I am missing something please let me know.

Now would you consider mango as the king of fruits?

We have kings of every thing why not fruits.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdali:

We have kings of every thing why not fruits.

There may be democracy among fruits and thus mango could be a prime minister or president, or gen secretary. maybe he is with HT and is the khalifah of fruit. Maybe he is on the majlis e shoora of fruits..maybe its a she not a he and can be a queen not a king. many reasons come to mind..

So how is the public taking to the pakistani mangoes

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

All mangoes being exported ya koi khas qism kay? are they langra aam, chonsaa, anwar rathol, sindhri, which one.

Comment

What about Faalsay and BairiyaN ???
                            There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the end the sword will always be conquered by the spirit. --Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Working...
                            X