Why Pakistanis Hate India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Pakistanis Hate India?

I mean India used to be their motherland and Pakistan afterall was part of India so why so much hatred against them.

A humble request please don't deviate from the topic.

------------------
    I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers.

Khalil Gibran

In the case of my family, our opposition to India began with India's military annexation of Hyderabad in 1948 - in 1947, my grandparents decided not to move to Pakistan.

My grandparents never forgave India for crushing Hyderabad, their country; an attitude that to a certain extent remains within the family to this day.
    Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
    Al-Ghazali

Comment

Hate is a strong word khan_sahib. I certainly do not hate India as a country or indeed the Indian people. But I hate what it has done to Kashmir, Muslims in India and Pakistan.

Comment

only way to keep pakistan united is the commmon hatred towards india

Comment

The majority of the people living now, have long been under the influence of so many Politicians and Dictators of Pakistan who have consistently fanned hatred against India whenever they wanted to gain some political mileage. People from Shivsena, should also go into this category from our side.

It is a shame that they have created a few generations of people who never knew of a time when Pakistani muslims had some Indian Hindu friends as well.

From Pakistan it is too frequent and too wide spread. From this side of the border, it has become too banal to see every other day, some Politician, or may be a moslem cleric, or a terrorist organization like LeT or HuM and even some scientists (which happens only in Pakistan), to make a comment venting his (suprisingly, not many her) hatred against India.

The recent "Hindu Mentality" comment from a "Revered Muslim leader" of the terrorist organization called LeT, warning "Musharaff will pay the price" (Is that a death threat?), "If he talks peace with India", is an example that jewel-cases my point.

Comment

I am surprized too with this Indo Paki hate campaign of the politicians on both sides. We have so much in common. I was reading some anecdotdal comments on marriage ceremonies in the Culture section, which showed how much the two cultures are intertwined. Another observation is tht its poeple in India and Pakistan who hate with such vengence. Here in the USA we get along quite well. we go to the same places to eat, the same mushairas , music dance drama programs, each othrs houses on festivals and partie, work together in dot com business. I hve even seen Hindu muslim boys and girls dating and even getting married. Yaaar come lets enjoy our heritage and culture.

Comment

Originally posted by khan_sahib:

I mean India used to be their motherland and Pakistan afterall was part of India so why so much hatred against them.

A humble request please don't deviate from the topic.

bhai.. quarrels within family are worst and bloody. whom do u expect pakistanis to hate? eskimos!

i dont think there is really a hate in people. people have things to worry in their personal life in india and same thing with pak. you and me sitting abroad and not having much to do might type this and that. but an average indian or paki does not have even five minutes in a week to think about neighboring country.

Comment

most of the people in india and pakistan
                dont get up everyday think about each other
                most of them want to survive and worry where next meal will come from how to get an education job.

Comment

I agree with ZZ,atleast the conclusion.

Some hindus must have suffered just as muslims did b.c of Partition which itself was NOT one communities or one groups doing.
                  After that its like 'cat fight' 'tit for tat'In this 'tat 'for indias 'tit'Pakistan being 1/7th in size & may be 1/10 th in resourceses naturally find itself stressed.strained& torn from all sides trying to match,Only recently ,thankfully ,Pakistan is not blindly increasing its defence expenses,b/c it should only have Defensive capability .
                  On poltical Or even religous bickering there are fanatics on both sides to burn koran & demolish mosques while in Pakistan ,Azhar Masood etc want perpetual war ,needlessly .

Its not only Pakistanis hate Indian go to some forum as there is post on Image forum on 'Pak Defense Site' ,that the poster is complaining about has indian messages hatefull of pakistanis.
                  So those who think its only one sided its not so .

------------------

Woh afsaana jise anjaam tak, laana na ho mumkin
                  Use ek KHoobsoorat moR dekar, chhoRna achha

[This message has been edited by FYI (edited June 12, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by kumarakn:

It is a shame that they have created a few generations of people who never knew of a time when Pakistani muslims had some Indian Hindu friends as well.
                    All too true, sadly. My grandad tried in vain to locate the Hindu who was one of his best friends during his teenaged years in India and was dissappointed not to find him.... and very few of my cousins are aware of that fact.
                    Muslims are so good at dividing that they can divide the atom. If you see two Muslims, probably they belong to 3 parties.
                    Al-Ghazali

Comment

I think bloody partition and long history of invasions created lot of mistrust. Mutual respect and acceptance is only thing that can change this, statments like 'Hindu mentality' creat lot of suspicion and animosity.

We may have been one people at one time, while talking to people on this forum it seems we have grown apart. No Indian will ever justify or condone treatment meted out to women in Afganistan, i find lot of support and rationalization for it on this forum. Also, support for the demolishing of Statues is another example of extreme diff in our opinions.

I agree with ZZ most Indians (non-muslims) don't think of Pakistan at all they are busy with their lives, to them after 50 years of no interaction, Pakistan has become a far away country.

To develop good neighborly relations, we have to more empathetic and respectful of each other. There should be more human interaction and trade.

Comment

I know well about India that Pakistan has never been a topic in our day to day life, till Kashmir disturbances took an ugly turn.
                        We had two wars. During Shimla agreement, ZA Bhutto’ visit to India with his daughter was something like a festival and no war hatred was felt among bureaucrats or the press.
                        (There was news that Benazir was offered a role in Indian movies.)

People who suffered the partition kept everything in memory for long and I suppose the thing is same on Pak side, but I am talking the arena in totality.

When we people of two countries meet somewhere in a third country, we feel no hatred and we are good friends.
                        I was astonished to face so much hatred from Pak side when I first visited these Pak forums. And as a reaction we Indians immediately take a serious stand.
                        (I usually joke that Pak participant on this board who are always happy in saying anything against India cannot be a representation of all Pakistan)

It seems to me that in India education stress is more on forgetting the past history of partition, where as in Pakistan an anti India or anti Hindu culture is required to legalize the identity of Pakistan.
                        (Pls correct me if I am wrong.)

Anyhow thanks for a nice topic.

Comment

A person who is a hate monger does not (more often than less) care or discriminate who s/he hates. It could be anything or everything. Usually it starts with externalities, followed by ulterior motives and then looking for any excuse to get to those ulterior motive (objective). Hate mongers use religion/skin color/ethnicity/sex/gender/sexual orientation/etc..etc. to name a few; as excuses to satisfy their appetite for hate. They are like an alcoholic who does not worry about what s/he consumes as long as s/he gets her high.

Love mongers are no different either.

It’s all in the spirit and the basis. Human beings are very complex creatures and every case is different from every other. What may motivate someone to hate may motivate another one to love.

Khan Sahib, the answer to you question is (from my perspective) that only a handful of Pakistanis hate Indians or India. They are the same set of people who will hate anything. They are basically the unhappy clan of pigs who have nothing better to do with themselves than to hate India. I feel sorry for them.

Comment

I know its too late to become one country again. But we can be good friends, trade, travel in each other countries, play cricket and hockey, have mushairas, sing ghazals and classical music, make dramas and movies with artists from both countries.

Pleae tell me that I'm not just dreaming !!!!

Comment

should be like european union joint parliment
                              free trade no visa requirement at the same time retaining individual identity.
                              under the above condtions kashmir can be independant nation of south asian union.
                              there are so many innovative solutions.
                              we all pursued the wrong path of narrow
                              and destructive nationalism may be we should try new ideas. we dont have to go through
                              what europe went through that is destructive
                              nationalism

Comment

Working...
                              X