Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally something in which Pakistan is India's equal (well almost)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally something in which Pakistan is India's equal (well almost)

Berlin-based Transparency International (TI) said out of 91 countries covered by its annual report, India stood at 71st position in the list of honest nations. Pakistan took the 79th place.Bangladesh was at the bottom of the list.
    According to the report, 'Corruption Perception Index' (CPI), the poorest countries in the world were also the most corrupt.
    CPI score was based on perception of the degree of corruption as seen by business people, academics and risk analysts, and ranges between 10 (highly clean) and 0 (highly corrupt).
    For the complete list , visit: http://www.gwdg.de/~uwvw/2001Data.html

Well. Well , we are in the same boat , the Titanic....

Comment

Darn! How did we go so low...?

I always thought Pakistan was amongst the top-10 in corruption. Seems like the army has really kicked some serious @$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Peacemaker:
        Darn! How did we go so low...?

I always thought Pakistan was amongst the top-10 in corruption. Seems like the army has really kicked some serious @$$.

1997 Pak was #2 and Nigeriia #1.

Comment

79???
          By me grand daddy's whiskers, warts 'nd beard, me demanding ye jehad against ye BD.
          How dare tem ye take our place at ye first place.

------------------
          Our's not to reason why,
          Our's but to do and die:
          You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

"the list of honest nations" NOT corrupt. That's why the low position.

Comment

Abay intelligent.. we are reading the list from the bottom. samjhay?

Comment

CM, people have problem understanding you to begin with and now you have some circumcised English (Man, you got one nifty sense of humor, my only suggestion is that you should use it sometime).

Comment

once again pakistan paid transparency international off not to put us at the bottom...

question.. last i read there were around 230 countries.. so 71 out of 230 aint bad..

Comment

Only 91 was surveyed...black0

Comment

Originally posted by NYAhmadi:
                      CM, people have problem understanding you to begin with and now you have some circumcised English (Man, you got one nifty sense of humor, my only suggestion is that you should use it sometime).
                      Me grand daddy's whiskers, ye be insulting me???
                      Tem, fightin words, ye knees be mine!!!
                      Ye knees be mine!!!

------------------
                      Our's not to reason why,
                      Our's but to do and die:
                      You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

This is great news. Tthis marks a rapid improvement: the last time we heard, Pakistan was the second most corrupt country in the world, rated by Transparency Int.

The credit goes to Gen. Musharraf's regime, may Allah (swt) bless him. Ameen.

Comment

Before you clowns go ahead and start firing your ak's in glee. Old Monk has it wrong, it's the other way around. The ranking is for transparency and the criteria has always been the higher the weight the cleaner the country. Pakistan ranks towards the bottom. It is one of the MOST corrupt nations in the world. Please do read the survey in the link before making asses of yourselves.

[This message has been edited by Infoman (edited June 28, 2001).]

Comment

Infoman...
                            I dont think I got it wrong.I have clearly mentioned that the list ranks nations in terms of honesty.So the lower a country is in the list, the more corrupt a country is.Pakistan is 8 ranks lower to India in honesty in the list and hence more corrupt.I dont think anyone has disputed that so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Monk:
                              Infoman...
                              I dont think I got it wrong.I have clearly mentioned that the list ranks nations in terms of honesty.So the lower a country is in the list, the more corrupt a country is.Pakistan is 8 ranks lower to India in honesty in the list and hence more corrupt.I dont think anyone has disputed that so far.
                              Chill Old Man,

I think some of the denizens of this esteemed forum have indeed misinterpreted it.

Comment

Working...
                              X