Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Isn't INDIAN MEDIA going overboard with Musharaff ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't INDIAN MEDIA going overboard with Musharaff ?

The headlines in the Indian media in recent weeks :
    • Mushraff to visit ancestral place.
      Mushraff to stay in Rastrapati Bhawan
      Mrs. Mushraff likes Kashmiri food.
      Kin wants Mushraff to visit Lucknow.
      Govt's dilemma: lavish hospitality and tight security
      3 five-star hotels identified in Agra
      Musharraf to have packed schedule
      Hurriyat seeks meeting with PM, Musharraf
      Musharraf may land in Jaipur on way to Ajmer
      Krishnamraju may receive Musharraf
      Hunt for a suitable hotel begins in Agra
      Ajmer gears up to receive Musharraf
      Vajpayee upbeat on Musharraf's visit
      Govt dithers on Musharraf's address to India Inc

To say "I am sick" would be an understatement. Isn't he the General who even refused to welcome/salute Vajpayee on his Lahore visit ? Isn't he the same man who overthrew a democratically elected Government in Pakistan in a coup ? Isn't this guy the man who plotted Kargil ? We Indians certainly have a very short memory.
    Instead of maintaining a "business-like" perspective to the Indo-Pak summit... the Indian media has been going to town with all the sundry details about Musharaff's visit.I will not be surprised if The Times Of India were to come up with "Musharaff will wear clean chaddis for summit" headline next.
    In recent weeks India has had two major tragedies : 1) A train accident in Kerala where about 50 lives were lost. 2) A boat capsize in West Bengal where another 50 people died. These accidents were at best mentioned in passing in the newspapers. Instead of highlighting the plethora of problems at home, the Indian media has been going gung-ho for a neighboring dictator and in a way insulting the memory of our sher-dil soldiers who sacrificed their lives in Kargil against an intrusion schemed by the same hawk India seeks to welcome now.

[This message has been edited by Old Monk (edited June 26, 2001).]

chilli,

It's called "Musharraf Mania"

And Indian's have finally come to the reality (after a lot of swallowing) that President Musharraf is the man. There is no way the Indian's can get anywhere on Kashmir without this great man. He must be treated with the utmost respect and hospitality

So a reception fit for a king is being prepared not just for the President of Pakistan, but for the Victor of Kargil.

Comment

In India, when a goat is taken for alughter, it is given a lot of attention, it is washed and decorated and garlanded. After which one big blow, the goat will be mercilessly killed. (I don't know why this anology comes to my mind now)

Anyway, Malik dude, don't assume that media is showering affection on you. Indian media is very diversified and matured. As in any such media (from any part of the world)sensationalising a news will sell in the market.

Another analogy comes to my mind. There was this donkey in an Indian village over which they took a picture of Ganesha around the town. People worshipped the Ganesha and offered their prostrations. The donkey thought that it is being respected and worshipped. A few hours later, when the picture was taken away, the donkey was once again beaten to carry dirty laundry.

If the media goes overboard, it is not because of Mushy. It is becuase, Indians will buy it if it is sesational.

Too much of vain pride for y'all dude!

Tomorrow, when Mushy is made Sushi by another Cushy, Indian media will spit on your face, yet again, nothing against you, but that will surely sell.

Comment

Well Indian's are good hosts they know mehmaan allah ki remat hote haiN

Seriously, ppl die all the time, train accidents are not unusual in India, but President Musharaf's visit will probably be written in history, so that is naturally a hot news that sells. They're only writing what ppl want to see, or what they think ppl want to see.

Comment

Passion and emotion have nothing to do with courtesy and protocol

Comment

You guys are never happy. When there are bad words between India and Pakistan we are not happy. Now when there is hope for peace between long lost brothers, we are still not happy. Its not the general that is getting the attention. This is the welcome to the people of Pakistan.

Comment

>>Its not the general that is getting the attention. This is the welcome to the people of Pakistan<<

Tanhaa, I don't know if you are Pak or Indian but I think you are right.
              This welcome is for the people of Pakistan.
              I am personally glad, considering people who have relatives on the wrong side of the border and more importantly considering Kashmiris.

As for Mushraaf it is funny the way Pakistanis seem to think he is so important.Apparently some of that heroin getting smuggled out of home finally got into their heads

Mushraaf reminds me of the fly who landed on the train in an Indian railway station and when the train started moving, felt it has moved the train

Comment

Originally posted by Andhra:
                >>Its not the general that is getting the attention. This is the welcome to the people of Pakistan<<

Tanhaa, I don't know if you are Pak or Indian but I think you are right.
                This welcome is for the people of Pakistan.
                I am personally glad, considering people who have relatives on the wrong side of the border and more importantly considering Kashmiris.

As for Mushraaf it is funny the way Pakistanis seem to think he is so important.Apparently some of that heroin getting smuggled out of home finally got into their heads

Mushraaf reminds me of the fly who landed on the train in an Indian railway station and when the train started moving, felt it has moved the train

Told ya Indian don't amaze us anymore.
                Mushrraf is not important but vajo is inviting him just for weekends. And don't forget General Kargil will not only recieve red carpet welcome but also will be saluted.
                And this for a fly!!!!

Comment

what if somebody takes over in pakistan while musharuff is here still he will be given aslyum
                  such is our hospitality.

Comment

A lot can be achieved by courtsey and tehzeeb..it would be uncouth and stupid to miss this opportunity of making guest feel good and welcome, this way we have eveything to gain and nothing to lose.

Being civilized and good host is not sign of weakness as suggested by Malik and co. actually it is sign of confidence and believe in ones power...only insecure and childish people annoy their guests, like Pakis did to Vajpai.

It makes me feel good that Indians know delicate art of diplomacy..in this respect they are light years ahead of people accross the border.

Comment

I think Musharaff is being made a murgaa.
                      The current tempo and expectations being build by the Indian media would work to his disadvantage when he goes back empty-handed, which in all probability he will (barring probably a few innocuous aggreements on Siacheen etc.).

Isko kehte hain khilaa-pilaaa ke halaal karnaa.

Malikaa, jab bare log baat kar rahe hain to bachchon ko beech mein nahi bolna chahiye. By the way, it was your Old Monk Uncle who started this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Monk:
                        [B]I think Musharaff is being made a murgaa.

hehehe look what murgaa did to murgis in Kargil.

This was reel funnnnnny

Comment

Originally posted by Old Monk:
                          [B]The headlines in the Indian media in recent weeks :
                          • Mushraff to visit ancestral place.
                            Mushraff to stay in Rastrapati Bhawan
                            Mrs. Mushraff likes Kashmiri food.
                            Kin wants Mushraff to visit Lucknow.
                            Govt's dilemma: lavish hospitality and tight security
                            3 five-star hotels identified in Agra
                            Musharraf to have packed schedule
                            Hurriyat seeks meeting with PM, Musharraf
                            Musharraf may land in Jaipur on way to Ajmer
                            Krishnamraju may receive Musharraf
                            Hunt for a suitable hotel begins in Agra
                            Ajmer gears up to receive Musharraf
                            Vajpayee upbeat on Musharraf's visit
                            Govt dithers on Musharraf's address to India Inc

B]
                          You could have summarized the above as "OBSESSION"

Comment

Abdali, I must say you need to work on your sense of humour.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdali:
                              You could have summarized the above as "OBSESSION"

What is your point...we do the same according to our means when we invite guests to our homes..whether we like them or not.

In Japan the more politely and lavishly they treat u more are the chances that business deal will not go through...u wouldn't know about this kind of diplomacy, u are still okay with eating steaks and watching tamasha, in other words uncouth and living in 7th century.

Comment

Working...
                              X