Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Law Banning sectarian outfits

Here is the article from the dawn: http://www.dawn.com/2001/06/10/top1.htm

Since the dawn archives there is no need to post the article.
    I believe this the first step to getting rid of these pyshco's in pakistani society.
    The banning of any type of promotion is also a good move.
    Also the NAB is going to look into how these people got their money.
    I like the fact also that there will be a code of ethics for the jihadi groups when the operate within pakistan.
    I can imagine the indians coming up with a lame retort like since when do jihadis have ethical values?
    So either keep it to constructive comments of don't post.

------------------
    Our's not to reason why,
    Our's but to do and die:
    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Originally posted by CM:

I believe this the first step to getting rid of these pyshco's in pakistani society.
    The banning of any type of promotion is also a good move.
    Also the NAB is going to look into how these people got their money.
    I like the fact also that there will be a code of ethics for the jihadi groups when the operate within pakistan.
    I can imagine the indians coming up with a lame retort like since when do jihadis have ethical values?
    So either keep it to constructive comments of don't post.

1. Who is the NAB?
    2. Who will decide who's sectarian- the government or religious groups?

Comment

Good thoughts there. But it'd be interesting to see what the definition of a "sectarian outfit" will be.

These Jihadi organizations through the code of ethnic had given an undertaking to the government that they would not involve in the domestic political and religious issues or activities against each other.
      This part sounds rather hypocritical. The jihadi outfits of Pakistan wont be able to wield their power inside Pakistan, but are welcome to do it elsewhere, like say, oh Kashmir. IMO, if this is acceptable by the jihadi outfits, they should also gladly accept the title of merceneries.
      Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Old man the NAB is the National Accountability Bureau.
        It deals with all the corrupt cases be they politicians or anybody working for the govt.
        Just check the Dawn, Bhutto sentenced to 3 years in prision!
        SHE is DISQUALIFIED!
        Post another thread on this later.

The govt will decide.
        Plus it is pretty obvious which groups are sectarian and which are not.
        They proudly display it, the racists.
        There is no problem in finding the groups and proving them to be sectarian.

Queer the definition has not been given as of yet as the law is still being drafted.
        But sectarian outfits are pretty easy to define, and this law is speicifically designed to those who promote hatred of Shia's or Sunnis.
        These elements need to be eliminated.

As for the jihadi outfits in pakistan, these aren't political groups.
        They were estbalished to fight for freedoms of muslims where ever they may be.
        So the law is right in the fact that they should not and can not if the law is passed take part in Pakistani domestic issues.

------------------
        Our's not to reason why,
        Our's but to do and die:

Comment

Originally posted by CM:
          Old man the NAB is the National Accountability Bureau.
          It deals with all the corrupt cases be they politicians or anybody working for the govt.
          Thanks, young man!

Is the NAB in general doing a good job?

Comment

>They were estbalished to fight for freedoms of muslims where ever they may be.<

I dont think I understand. These people are Pakistanis, but are banned by law to fight for Islam inside Pakistan, since Pakistanis dont seem to appreciate violence in their homes. How fair is to let them go and fight elsewhere?

Isnt this law a clear example of Pakistan's policy of exporting militancy, and aiding violence outside its borders using merceneries?
            Simple ain't easy.

Comment

I personally think that the NAB is doing an excellent job.
              They are slow, but stuff like this takes time.
              They have gotten the extradition of a former corrupt Pakistan Naval officer for the US i think, which was big thing as none of the Western nations are happy with the military rule and would do very little to support it.
              Also after that the NAB has asked for the extradition of 2 former ministers in the US.
              We will have to wait and see what happens.
              The official website for the NAB is as follows:
              http://www.nab.gov.pk/

I think they are doing a bang up job.
              But this will take a long time, like a decade or so.

------------------
              Our's not to reason why,
              Our's but to do and die:

Comment

Actually no queer.
                These jihadi org. were not created to deal with the political issues within a islamic nation.
                Their only goal is to gain independence of muslims from invaders.
                Like Afghanistan, like Chechnya, Like Palestine, and like Kashmir from the pakistani point of view.
                These parties should not have any political ambitions as they are not created for such things.
                They are basically small miltant groups.

As for exporting militancy, i don't think it is different from what we are doing now.
                This law will not allow them to fight each other in pakistan.
                And set a code of ethics.
                Which could establish the islamic principle of not attacking civilians.
                But this does not promote what they are doing.
                And it also does not deal with exporting it.
                These org will do what they wish as they are independent but as long as the follow the basic ethics outlined.

------------------
                Our's not to reason why,
                Our's but to do and die:

Comment

Very good move. At least we are trying to stop seatrain violence, which haunted ordinary people for many years. I more step to right direction.

------------------
                  "Away from Eyes......Close to Heart"

Comment

Even better news: http://www.dawn.com/2001/06/14/top2.htm

This is really good news.
                    We should get rid of these elemenst within our society.

------------------
                    Our's not to reason why,
                    Our's but to do and die:

Comment

Some interesting facts worthy of attention:

- Sipah e Sahaba Pakistan (SSP)is actually a Wahabi organization, widely operating under the garb of "Sunni" in Pakistan

- Pakistani society, including major newspapers, do not dare call SSP "Wahabi" due to obvious reasons

- SSP militant Arshad was killed by Maulana Qadri's bodyguard, during the SSP attack that martyred Maulana Qadri

- SSP was finally caught red handed due to this attack gone wrong that left one SSP assailant Arshad dead on the murder scene

Now SSP, however warped it may be, is not dumb enought to believe that Sunni Maulana Qadri was a "kafir" or otherwise worthy of killing in any way.

It is very clear that organizations like SSP have other motives behind these killings.

Comment

I saw a talk show on PTV yesterday morning, that had invited Interior Minsiter Moinuddin Haider.

The Minister was saying that he's going to ban all these sectarian militant outfits pretty soon.

He used the phrase "uproot them and throw them away".

Comment

Ali firstly don't bring this sectarian stuff here.
                          Who cares if they are wahabi or sunni or shia or from mars.

As long as these bad elements are removed from pakistani society i am happy.

------------------
                          Our's not to reason why,
                          Our's but to do and die:

Comment

Originally posted by The Old Man:
                            Thanks, young man!

Is the NAB in general doing a good job?

Well i can say that is doing the job too well...Almost all curropt politicians are in jail. And this is unlike the previous sessions where they were in jail because they were politicians. Now there are legitimate cases and actual proof of corruption. I say the NAB is doing an excellent job.

Comment

Here we are again trying legislate "Freedom of thought, speech and ideas. All sects of Islam should be allowed to organize and express themselves and promote there point of view.

BUT when they resort to criminal acts then they should be punished So the real problem is that we dont have any decent law enforcement. I am sure a lot of the actions of these jehadis is against the existing laws that are on the books. Just enforce them.

When we try to legislate ideas and points of view, that are the basis of organizations, we run into the problem of definition. Which is the very question people are posing in this forum.

WE should focus on criminal acts and ensure proper penalties. What is the NAB doing about Law Enforcement.

For example, in the USA the Issue of Abortion is so hotly debated. But the discussion and organisations that take one side or the other are not banned. But when the members of any organization murder, kiill and bomb, then appropriate action is taken. Lets learn for the experience of others.

[This message has been edited by Tanhaa (edited June 15, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                              X