Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pervez Musharraf's famous speech on Eid Milad Day, and WHAT HE REALLY MEANT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pervez Musharraf's famous speech on Eid Milad Day, and WHAT HE REALLY MEANT!!!

The CE Pervez Musharraf made his famous speech a few days ago on the occasion of Eid Milad ul Nabi.

I watched this speech live on PTV from the beginning to the end, and I therefore want to clarify the TWO MAIN SUBJECTS of his speech.

His speech was later misinterpreted by the Indian media which tried to portray it as an attempt by Musharraf to distance himself from the Kashmir Mujahideen organizations and an attempt by the CE to seem as "moderate" to the West before his India visit.

I watched his speech attentively, and I can say with complete surety that this was no such attempt at distancing from the Mujahideen, nor was it a desperate measure to improve perceived "ISOLATION" of Pakistan within the Islamic world, so actively propagandised by the Indian media.

*TWO* MAIN SUBJECTS HAVE BEEN IGNORED BY THE MEDIA.

PAKISTANI MEDIA HAS IGNORED THE SECOND SUBJECT, WHILE INDIAN MEDIA HAS IGNORED THE SECOND AND DELIBERATELY MISINTERPRETED THE FIRST SUBJECT.

I attempt to clarify these two subjects, so read on.

Before the CE began his speech, he said "I'm not going to read from any paper; Instead, I will say to you from the bottom of my heart, what I feel like saying, and what I've been wanted to tell you for quite some time now..."

He did not read from any paper, he dynamically orated his speech in a very proficient and articulate manner.

THE FIRST SUBJECT:

The first subject was the economy of Pakistan, and that economic superiority is real superiority.

He conveyed to the religious, sectarian and Jehadi organizations that Pakistan's economy depends on the law and order situation in Paksitan. This point was meant for domestic consumption.

He emphasized sectarian harmony, condemnation of sectarian terrorists, and banning display of arms in public.

He also mentioned that foreign investment can only be attracted if the law and order situation is improved, and if the local people are friendly to outsiders.

He also mentioned that Islam emphasizes unity, not sectarianism.

In other words, he echoed the sentiments of every educated Pakistani

This was not a political message for the consumption of the USA, Iran, Saudi Arabia, or even India.

This was purely a national subject, meant for the country's own nationals, and it represents the stoic resolve of the CE to knock sense into so-called religious sectarian organizations. There was absolutely no color of appeasement of the West or any other countries.

THE SECOND SUBJECT

This is a most important point, and this surprised me a bit because the CE had echoed my own sentiments I had often expressed publicly on this forum.
    Read my post "Pakistani intellect VS Israeli intellect" http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/Forum4/HTML/002654.html

The CE stated that Pakistan has a leadership role in the Ummah, AND HE CATEGORICALLY STATED THAT HEADS OF STATES OF OTHER ISLAMIC COUNTRIES HAVE ACTUALLY TOLD HIM TIME AND AGAIN THAT THEIR COUNTRIES' SURVIVAL DEPENDS ON PAKISTAN, AND THAT THEY LOOK UP TO PAKISTAN.

The icing on the cake: The CE went on to say that PAKISTANIS HAVE THE HIGHEST INTELLECT IN THE UMMAH. He fumbled a bit on this statement, obviously feeling that he was bragging a bit. So while he was emphasizing the special role of Pakistan in the Ummah, he stopped abrupbdly in the middle of the sentence, which went like this "We are the most int..."

meaning "intelligent".

Then he changed his words a bit, to convey the same feeling that the rest of the Ummah has expressed their feelings about Pakistan's intellectual and strategic superiority. Obviously this is nothing to be arrogant about, but we must analyze it objectively. This was a marked change from his early speeches, and a great change from the views of the previous leaders of Pakistan. ) I'm not kidding, if you had listend to the speech, you would have figured. )

The meaning he conveyed was so clear. This was not a rhetorical statement. In the context of the second half of his speech, he clearly meant that Pakistan has a unique geostrategic place, and Pakistan's greater intellect contributes to Pakistan's leadership role as the strongest country in the Ummah.

The elaborated so clearly the relationship between Pakistani intellect and its geostrategic and defense superiority. He genuinely asserted this superiority.

He, as the leader of the country, understands perfectly well that Pakistan's strategic responsibility covers the entire Ummah, more so the Middle East.

And here is the color the Indian media is giving to the speech: (click below for Web link)
    http://www.dailypioneer.com/secon3.a...\edit3&d=EDITS

[This message has been edited by alizadeh2000 (edited June 11, 2001).]

OK, I read the PIONEER report but where is the "misinterpretation" you are talking about..

Comment

I read the report on Musharraf's speech in the Dawn, and it matches the reports carried by the Indian dailies.

>INDIAN MEDIA HAS IGNORED AND DELIBERATELY MISINTERPRETED BOTH SUBJECTS.<

How is it possible to ignore as well as misinterpret something at the same time? Look like you are trying to deliberately misrepresent something out here.

>The CE went on to say that PAKISTANIS HAVE THE HIGHEST INTELLECT IN THE UMMAH.<

The CE certainly is a man with a sense of humor. Managed to call it the Ummah, while insisting one group are intellectually superior in it.

Lastly, why is it that you give a link only to an Indian newspaper? Let us see what Pakistan's own dailies said about the speech.

Simple ain't easy.

Comment

Queer, I watched the speech live. I wish I could get you a word by word transcript of it.

I gave you the Indian link because that is the strongest misinterpretation of the speech. Pakistani media did not misinterpret it, they just ommitted the second subject of Pakistan's rapidly increasing geostrategic position.

I made a typing mistake: heres the corrected text:

PAKISTANI MEDIA HAS IGNORED THE SECOND SUBJECT, WHILE INDIAN MEDIA HAS IGNORED THE SECOND AND DELIBERATELY MISINTERPRETED THE FIRST SUBJECT.

[This message has been edited by alizadeh2000 (edited June 09, 2001).]

Comment

FURTHER:

The Indian author of the Pioneer article is taking advantage of the fact that most Indians and foreigners have not viewed teh CE's speech or read its transcript.

The CE mentioned Pakistan's increasing geostrategic role, but the Indian author DELIBERATELY downplayed that role, and also asserted that this role was actually diminishing.
          She says:

"More importantly, with Iran and Saudi Arabia drawing closer,
          Pakistan has been rendered irrelevant to Riyadh's strategic interests in the region. Today, Iran
          and Saudi Arabia are rewriting a history which had lumped Saudi Arabia with Pakistan and the
          US and Iran with Russia and India. With Afghanistan emerging as the common irritant,
          adjustments are now being made in regional equations, a process wherein India is growing in
          importance even as Pakistan's worth diminishes. Perhaps the shrewd Chief Executive of
          Pakistan realises which way the wind is blowing. It is another matter that he is incapable of
          altering its course.
          "

[This message has been edited by alizadeh2000 (edited June 09, 2001).]

Comment

alizadeh..
            I have opened a thread on some of the points made by Musharaff during the speech (see "A pragmatic general gives the Muslim World food for thought").
            Let me have your views on that....

[This message has been edited by chilli (edited June 09, 2001).]

Comment

Now lets try getting some complete transcripts of the CE's interview.

Originally posted by chilli:
              alizadeh..
              I have opened a thread on some of the points made by Musharaff during the speech (see "A pragmatic general gives the Muslim World food for thought").
              Let me have your views on that....

[This message has been edited by chilli (edited June 09, 2001).]

Comment

Ok now you can listen to the CE's speech at
                http://millat.pibc.com/ptv/milad.rm

and verify my claim!

Comment

Working...
                X