Were Bengalis Traitors??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Were Bengalis Traitors??

I don't understand this as the resolution of Pakistan was proposed in Dhaka and how come all of them turned from patriots to traitors in such a short time.

Some of the Bengali leaders who took part in the freedom struggle were termed traitors as well.

So the question is were they traitors or did we force them into becoming traitors?

A better question would be can we put this to bed now, after 30 long years, and try and build relations with Bangladesh in the present, rather than keep raking up the past. There will always be blame thrown backwards and forwards.

Comment

I think that keeping the important matters to shelves and saying "sab acha hai" has caused more problems to our country and hence these things should come out rather than keeping to ourselves.

Some people think Sindhis, Pathan, Muhajir, Punjabi, Baloch or so many other people living in our country are Traitors coz they don't think on the same mental level as them.

Comment

bengalis won the election bu cant lead pakistan because they are bengalis.
        but in the army bengalis are not majority
        so they have to go separate ways .

Comment

Khan Sahib,

What is it you think Pakistan should do in this regard? Media has already done plenty of soul-searching. Are you looking for an official statement from the Government?

Comment

Yes and no.
            The true traitor was and will always be Z.A. Bhutto.
            Mujib won and should have come to power.
            But i agree with extreme leave the past behind and build on the future.
            The more important topic is how to get the Biharis back.

------------------
            Their's not to reason why,
            Their's but to do and die:
            You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

CM,

Bengalis never wanted to be separated from Pakistan. They wanted to release from the bondage of Punjabis, they only wanted complete autonomy from slavery. But Punjabi military went on killing and raping spree, looted own State bandks and destroyed factories and infrastructures. People who gave 100% votes for the sake of Pakistan, suffered war crimes from their own Muslim Brethern, only because they wanted equal rights.

CM, Bengalis won the election of 1971. It was your Punjabi general, Yahya Khan who refused to hand over the power to elected people. ZAB was of estabilishmenta at that time, he had no authority or power to delay a second, had military janta wanted to hand over the power. How many generals have been made responsible in the tragedy of break-up? Have ever read Humoodur-Rehman Commission's report? But it won't affect you, because you do not want to listen about the actual breakers of Pakistan. When military did not want ZAB, he was not only thrown out of power but killed again by one of your punjabi military general even before he was hanged in a false murder case.

West Pakistan military, estabilishment and media were responsible for the breake up of Pakistan.

Keep the history free from your corrupt and opportunist thinking.

FARID

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited June 05, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Farid:
                CM,

.... Telling lies perhaps is in your blood...
                CM, you dumb head,...

FARID
                Farid, is it necessary to be obnoxious? Can you try and put your point across without being offensive, PLEASE. Many thanks.

BTW, I think we West Pakistanis were primarily to blame - ZAB being the main culprit because he did not allow Mujib to be PM of the whole country, for the sake of his own personal agg*****sement.

So while there may have been Bengali traitors, West Pakistanis were the biggest ones.

[This message has been edited by Awam ki Awaz (edited June 03, 2001).]

Comment

I dont know how people outrightly blame Bhutto not knowing the whole facts... there was no constitution at that time to transfer power... Mujeeb won election solely on his 6 poits .. which were nothing else than total Bangladesh separation..
                  can CM tell us what happened in 1954-55 elections and how many votes muslim league got ??
                  Being a majority Bengalis had no share in Army, foreign policy or any other thing... Eastern part was totally run by Western democracy... so the hatred was so large and then the army action and masss scale killings and other attricities by army..
                  Controvercy started long back by declaring urdu as national language as noone in Begla desh understood Urdu..
                  And more importantly noone in Western Pak wanted Bengalis to rule them.. it wasnt Bhotto as some people say now.. but sadly majority of them.. they feared the same retaliation from Begalis as they had done to them in decades...
                  - Would people in Western Pak had allowed all Bengali bureaucracy to rule them..
                  - would army had allowed proportionate bengali intrusion..
                  - Would western pak allowed Bengali language to dominate..

I dont think so.. the best course was a peaceful separtion years ago ..
                  Saints are fine for Heaven, but they are hell on earth.

Comment

It was your ass hole Punjabi general, Yahya Khan who refused to hand over the power to elected people.

Yahya Khan was a Punjabi huh? That's news to me and a lot of PAKISTANI'S I'm sure. Before you go around insulting people Farid I suggest you get your facts on PAKISTAN right to begin with.

Comment

Bangalis played vital part in 1947..after fall of Dahaka...to call bangali`s traitor is not fair.
                      I think milestone for bangladash was put many years before 1971..I remember in meating for allocation of COMMODES to goverment offices in 1954 or 53 choudary Mushtaq or Mansoor at that time establishment minister told the meeting bangalis don`t need CoMMODES they can go in open.up the longi.and they do.it`s a small thing but it shows the mentality of then politicians and goverment officers.
                      We did`t accept their win in bangal and put the red line by saying"IDHAR HUM, UDHAR TUM"

If you won`t get any respect in your family,home, you will be finding new place to live.

Army,Politicians,goverment officals and people like us. All are responsible for fall of Dahka.

We don`t have to forget about it but the need is to learn from this blunder and try to unite all as Pakistanis.

[This message has been edited by juMurA (edited June 03, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Farid:
                        CM,

It was your ass hole Punjabi general, Yahya Khan
                        A Punjabi KHAN hahahahaha
                        You must be joking Farid.
                        By the way he was a Pathan from Noshehra
                        Oops shouldnt have said that but can't take it back now.
                        *singing : OOPS I DID IT AGAIN*

------------------
                        --I know I'll be a King One day, When Im Dead, They Gonna take me on their shoulders, Just like a King--

Comment

Banglais's were never traitors. It was the people in east and west pakistan who were traitors and expoit the differences between two parts.

I think if Z.A.Bhutto was agreed along with Gen.Yahya then East pakistan would never seprated from west. Not to mention the involvment of India.

Well we (west pakistani's) made many mistakes and we have paid the price for our mistakes. Now lets try to save the rest of country from division.

------------------
                          "Away from Eyes......Close to Heart"

Comment

OK people, before you turn this debate into a pro or against Bhutto campaign I should ask you one thing. Bhutto, only took the decision after the election wether to take the opportunity to become Prime Minister or not but who created the life in East Pakistan well before that incident that lead to Bengalis thinking for a separate land.

Comment

Well well another so called "punjabi" eh Farid???
                              LMAORRRRRL!!!!!
                              You really like making a fool of yourself don't you.
                              Degas i will post a indepth reply later on tonight.

------------------
                              Their's not to reason why,
                              Their's but to do and die:
                              You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Working...
                              X