Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Promised Land

Dear Folks,

there are moments of celebration and there are moments of sorrow. There are moments of victories and there are moments of defeats. There are moments of contentment and there are moments of dissappointments. There are moments of peace and there are moments of chaos. There are moments of love and than there are moments of hate.And there are moments of heart felt happiness and there are moments of heartache. In a human's life one experiences all these moments one time or the other. The ups and downs of a human's life is based on experiencing these equal but so opposite moments. Thats what makes a human's life balanced and interesting. Though I ask myself sometimes, what about the moments in the life of a nation? Indeed a nation like a human must embrace these equal and opposite
    moments in its history to mature and evolve to be its best, its most prosperous and its most vibrant. But than, what about a nation who has experienced moments which are neither equal nor opposite? What about a country which experiences sorrow but no celebration, defeats but no victories, disappointments but no contentment, chaos but no peace, hate but no love and heartache but no heart felt happiness? Indeed such a nation cannot mature or evolve to be its best. Indeed such a nation can neither be stable nor vibrant. Indeed such a nation cannot be prosperous or progressive. And indeed such a nation can never be the promised land it once aspired to be for the millions of its residents.

The concept of the promised land on this great earth is not being of a land made of
    milk and honey. Neither its about eternal happiness and peace. Infact the concept of promised land on this great earth is about guaranteed rights, genuine fairness, equal opportunities, sense of security and leveled path to prosperity for all. In other words everybody has the same shot and nobody gets advantage over the others. There are no head starts and there is no foul play. There is a level playing field for all. We seek a promised land where we can succeed and advance on the basis of our God given talents, abilities and natural endowment. A place where we all realize our own uniqueness and understand that all of us have a part to play for the evolution and progressive growth of society at large. A promised land which will not be for one or just some. A promised land which will be for all and not few.

Where does a Pakistani truly look for the promised land if not at their own
    homeland. Though what if they realize that their homeland has become a cess pool of corruption, waste, debauchery, violence and hate. Where parasites have take over the leadership and reign supreme in the corridors of power. I wonder where else they look when their own homeland disappoints them in such a manner. Not many other places if you objectively think about it. They have left with no choice but to struggle and transform their homeland in the promised land it was meant to be. To correct the mistakes of the past and pave the way for the future. To retaliate and grab the power back from those who has ruined the economy and infrastructure of the country. Today the unemployment rate is at its highest level. And even when one gets a job he is paid no more than peanuts. All this while fascist parasites in power live large like kings and emperors. They spend and waste the national exchequer at will. They build mansions and palaces like their is no tomorrow. Their management of the economy has brought the country to bankruptcy. Their financial and economic policies are not only unsound but also full of potholes. They just don't get it and they never will. There is a limit to the suffering of a nation. There is a limit to the loot and plunder. There is a limit to corruption and mismanagement. This nation must not be allowed to fall at any cost. We should never ever forget that our promised land is right where we were born. Right in that soil where our parents and grand parents toiled. We must believe in struggle, transformation and evolution. We must believe in crime and punishment. We must believe in vibrance and prosperity. We must believe in progression and salvation. And we must believe in the Promised Land.

Ok Wise man nice flowerly language.
    You write well we already know that.
    So in all that post you are saying we in deep trouble but we must still believe that it is the promise land for us??

------------------
    Their's not to reason why,
    Their's but to do and die:
    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

>> We should never ever forget that our promised land is right where we were born. <<

Hmmm…yooN tau aap acha likhte ho, lekin :-p for typing this sentence huh!

>> There is a limit to the suffering of a nation. <<
      So what is the limit for our nation?

Nice post btw.

Comment

Originally posted by CM:
        So in all that post you are saying we in deep trouble but we must still believe that it is the promise land for us??
        CM, if you read carefully I am saying that we can transform it into the Promise Land we desire and wish it to be. This article is addressed to those naysayers who continuously downgrade Pakistan's potential and future prospects. I believe that one should strive for a better tomorrow and try to rise higher above the pessimism which surrounds us as a nation. You give a nation a goal, a dream and a motivation and that nation will give you back a porgressive and prosperous tomorrow. The concept of promised Land is my idea of a goal, a dream and a motivation.

Comment

Originally posted by sabah:
          >> We should never ever forget that our promised land is right where we were born. <<

Hmmm…yooN tau aap acha likhte ho, lekin :-p for typing this sentence huh!
          Yes that was very good catch. Actually I never noticed it ever before myself. And I have done it not only in this article but all my previous articles too. I guess I have to realize that FOBs are not the only readers. There are foreign born Pakistanis and I must keep them in mind while writing. Thanks for pointing it out.

>> There is a limit to the suffering of a nation. <<
          So what is the limit for our nation?
          We are not there yet. But we will get there soon enough.

Comment

Wiseman,

Are you talking about a pureland where rivers of honey and milk flow. This was promised by God to Israelies at the time of Prophet Moses. However Isrealies wandered 40 years in the valley of Canaan because they violated the covenant made with Prophet Moses. Samurai, (Saamri), misguided the Israelies by encourging them to make a golden calf for worship. As a punishment from God for violating the covenant, they wandered 40 year in desert in search of pureland where rivers of honey and milk flow.

People of Pakistan has wandered more than fifty years and still looking for honey and milk. They will wander fifty years more unless sanity comes to the minds of people who ruled/ruling the country for five decades. The only solution to this wandering is estabilishment of Democracy and estabilishment of institutions who do not differentiate between a military top general and a common man on street when comes to breakup of the law by either of one.

FARID

Comment

Working...
            X