Leadership - Lack Thereof

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leadership - Lack Thereof

Interesting read by Feroz Qutubshahi in this edition of Risala http://www.risala.com covers the subject of lack of leadership in Pakistan.

It seems to me that the author covers the attributes of leader well, but does not relate this in anyway to past and present pakistani leaders.

The question:
    Leadership Has Pakistan Produced any Leaders?
    IMO has not been answered.

------------------
    CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

I Came I Saw I ATE
    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

I read the article... and its written well.. though I'd agree with CM, that it does not fully cover the topic in relation to Pakistan.

More importantly, why Pakistan failed to produce good leaders and what are the possibilities for the future?

Though it was beyond the scope of that article to name names, still, here I believe members can give their opinions....

Comment

CM,

I hope you are not one-year milk sucking child. Why we have not any leadership, because Pakistan has continuously ruled by military. And in military rule, you do not produce leaders; you produce top class corrupt dictatorships. Is this very difficult to understand?

Farid

Comment

Well i think why we haven't had good leaders is the basic fact that all our leaders have been from the educated masses.
          They have been all from the land lord or corrupt class.
          The military rulers on the other hand, i am support of the past 2 military regimes.
          Ayub did a damn good job as a dictator.
          He developed the nation.
          So did Zia.
          But they weren't democractic leaders.
          I personally think both leaders had some of the qualities that the author mentions.
          But not any of the democractic leaders.
          They in my opinion have been unparh jahils.

And farid, you point was addressed to the wrong person.
          Peacemaker was asking for you opinion not me.
          And my point was addressed to the article and author and not to you.
          You a little less confused now?? - if that is possible.

------------------
          CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

I Came I Saw I ATE
          You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

The reason why we haven't had good leaders is because of the stranglehold of the feudalists.

The feudals have denied leadership to the country.

They are themselves corrupt and tyrannic, but they make sure no one else ever gets an opportunity to get to the top of power.

The feudalists had created a political machinery that did not allow honest people, especially those from the middle class or underpriveliged classes to actually get a chance to try for power.

The feudalists had turned the population of Pakistan into its serfdom and slaves, and slaves cannot think of ever becoming leaders.

The military dictators have not made a very substantial contribution to this anti-people state machinery.

Comment

Most of pakistani leaders today lack many qualities but one imortant is being bold and courageous to make decesions in welfare of country.

In the past we had some very good leaders I think until the late Ayub Khan, most of the leadership was honest and good. That is reason pakistan has managed to overcome its propblems after the independence. The actual downfall started after late Ayub khan and when leaders started to compromise on decisions to extend their powers rather then think in interest of country. Also one factor in downfall in inviolvement of relegious groups such as J.I and other who threaten to overturn the government unless their demands will be met.

One think that even CE's government lack in making governance and admistration free from religion. Religion is diverse issue and we cannot pass judgements on these issues. If anyone want to chanllenge these issue the Mosque are open and also courts are open to them.

Pakistan is the only country where religious leaders interfere so much with state decisions. Even in Saudi Arab they dont interfere as they do here in pakistan.

------------------
              "Away from Eyes......Close to Heart"

Comment

Pakistan's leadership has only been in the hands of three types of people the military, the landlords and the businessmen. It has become a permanent circle between these three.

When the landlords are in power the businessmen constantly criticise them so that they themselves can have the power and vice versa. Then the military steps in to have a little piece of the pie and then steps out again and the circle is repeated again.

When or if musharraf steps down this situation will not change.

They don't realise that its the system that is at fault. The system allows for this to happen. They don't apply Islam yet they blame Islam for their problems.

The khilafah with its Islamic politicians will not bow down to anybody.

Comment

Pakistan has heaps of loyal, hardworking, honest, responsible and down to earth leaders, from student leaders to union leaders from bazari leader to ishtehari leader.......

I just forget. Who was saying that Pakistan don`t have leaders?

Comment

Pakistan has heaps of loyal, hardworking, honest, responsible and down to earth leaders, from student leaders to union leaders from bazari leader to ishtehari leader.......

I just forget. Who was saying that Pakistan don`t have leaders?

Comment

Originally posted by Muzna:
                      Interesting read by Feroz Qutubshahi in this edition of Risala http://www.risala.com covers the subject of lack of leadership in Pakistan.

Glad u noticed guyz......but hasnt there been a lack of leadership in Pakistan for the last 50years. Is it not time for the muslims to notice that it is not the people who are corrupt but rather the filthy man made kuffar system that exists through out the world that is corrupt. Which needs to be removed i.e by exposing its weak thoughts and foundations and by showing the intellectaul leadship of islam.

Comment

Yeh Leader kiya hote hain ?
                        Agar yahee leaders hain jo aaj Pakistan ko
                        barbad kar rahe hain tu CHOR kiya hote hain ?

[This message has been edited by TARIQ786USA (edited May 21, 2001).]
                        °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

Comment

Ideology is more important than good leaders.

Comment

how pakistan can make leaders?leaders can be there.Adolf Hitler was a leader.but to make a good leader..a socity ..should have...a basic thing.......that is the ...literacy....it shold be there..and pakistan...have to attain that....in india....ther is a state called kearla and it is situated in the southern most part of the couny....there the literacy is 100% and the state has produced many eminemt people like V.K.KRISHNA MENON(the former indian representative to U.N and one of the renowned communists in the world E.M.SANKARAN NAMPOOTHIRIPPADU.so only with education a society can grow-up....leaders can be there.but making good leaders is quite difficult..

Comment

Communism makes as much sense as your post.

Comment

Working...
                              X