Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Effects of Jihad on an Average Pakistani - Park your emotions outside the thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Effects of Jihad on an Average Pakistani - Park your emotions outside the thread!

See my following compilation (from World bank report and commonly available data):

http://www.worldbank.org/data/wdi2001/pdfs/tab1_1.pdf

Per Capita GNP in PPP terms

End of: 1999 2000 2001
    ----------------------------------------------
    Ind 2230 (6.0)2363.8 (5.6) 2496.17
    Pak 1860 (4.5)1943.7 (2.55)1993.26
    ----------------------------------------------
    380 420.1 502.91

AVG Indian is getting richer by than a Pakistani by:
    20.4% 21.6% 25.23%
    1999 2000 2001

*(Figures in brackets are officially declared growth rates)

* (Figures for 2001 are estimates)

* (Figures do not account for inflation)
    From recent news articles in memory:
    Pak average inflation:- 11-13% (Correct me if I am wrong)
    Indn Avg inflation:- 7-8.5%

* (Figures assume no economic changes due to Afghan issues for Paks - Which could be incorrect)

* (Figures assume no economic changes due to increase in debt burden for Paks)

* (With respect to Ind, there has not been a major changes in the issues that could affect it economically since 1999. All problems remain more or less to the same degrees and there has been no undue growth in these.) The 28% defence increase (and another 12%) is an issue. But in absolute terms they have increased by only .3% o total GDP.

Results:
    ---------------
    At this point of time, an average Indian is more than 24% richer than an average Pakistani, and this is increasing.
    (FYI: India is almost 9 times larger than Pakistan in population - which people here love to quote)
    Dear friends:
    You could either term my post as another Pak bashing "mine is bigger" kinda post. Or read it and think about who is actually bleeding because of Jihad?. Should Pakistan go as bad as Afghanistan before you will realize Jihad has NOT been productive? Gen. Musharaff should understand this well and decide Pakistan's next course of action!

The ball is in your court!

[This message has been edited by kumarakn (edited May 23, 2001).]

hahahhahahahahaahahahaa
    ahahahahahaahahahaha
    aahahahahahahahahaha
    ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahahaha
    ahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaha
    ahahahahahahaahahahahaha

Nice joke dude

Comment

hahahhahahahahaahahahaa
      ahahahahahaahahahaha
      ahahahahahahaahahahahaha

Can't stop laughing

Comment

Waiting... for saner people to comment!

Comment

hahahhahahahahaahahahaa
          ahahahahahaahahahaha
          ahahahahahahaahahahahaha

must stop laughing

Comment

Originally posted by kumarakn:
            $:

Thanks for considering it funny! Will you please stop laughing by yourself and make a contribution to the thought - even against it?

Is that too much to ask in a "discussion forum?"
            Dont you get it? Its not even worth it mate......

ahahahahahahaahahahahaha ahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaahahaha

Comment

At this point of time, an average Indian is more than 24% richer than an average Pakistani, and this is increasing.

Congratulations. However, what you fail to mention is that basic neccessities cost almost twice as much in india. The affordability factor always gets whitewashed.

Comment

Originally posted by Akif:
                However, what you fail to mention is that basic neccessities cost almost twice as much in india.
                where do u know it from. kumar has mentioned WB source. what is ur source? just curious.

Comment

I have family in India, and when they travel to Pakistan and back, they gain first hand lesson in economy on both sides, which makes them more qualified than the WB, which compiles its figures from the confines of cozy headquarters located in some remote european locations, based on stagnant statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by Akif:

....However, what you fail to mention is that basic neccessities cost almost twice as much in india. The affordability factor always gets whitewashed.
                    I dont quite get it. Isn't the purchasing power of an average Indian also more ? Also I have my doubts regarding cost of basic necessities in India being "twice" as that in Pakistan , though I have no sources to quote.Are you sure your relatives were not trying to over-emphasize the price-difference ?

Moderator..please remove the ha..haa..haa posts above.It is distracting.

Comment

chilli...
                      If we look at it from the viewpoint of the universal currency, the dollar, then yes, indian civilians purchasing power would be more. But the purchases are not made in dollars....and are not made outside of india. The basic neccessities are being bought within india, hence the purchasing power reduces by a huge margin.

No, my relatives werent over-emphasizing either. Besides, I dont think its any secret that the indian populace is not as well off as is Pakistans population. But then again, thats not neccessarily a plus point for Pakistan, since Pakistans govt is on the flip side of it compared to the indian govt. That is why I think such figures are useless. Comparison does not mean anything. Look at how heavy the americans have started breathing at the thought of having to pay over $2 a gallon for gasoline, whereas countries as poor as Pakistan have been paying as much as the equivalent of over $2 a gallon for a long long time. How has Pakistan been able to survive while paying such an exorbitant price for gas all these years, all the while being in heavy debt.....and how come the US shudders at the thought of having to pay that much, whereas their economy is a giant compared to that of Pakistan?
                      Spending power cannot be compared in such a manner. Neither can local income. Its impossible to be fair.

Comment

Working...
                      X