Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHY the racial stereotypes??

Salam Everyone

I read the post by TARIQ786USA, it shocked me to see how racist a person can be!!

Mods, I don't want to start off an argument or a debate, but I'm just a bit confused.

Why is it that people seem to think that all Pathans are incestuous, illiterate, etc.
    Being pathan myself, and having visited Pakistan almost every year of my life, I have never come across some of the things that people accuse us of.

I'm sure they exist, but no more than in people of Punjabi, Sindhi or Balochi background, and no more than in people from different nationalities.

[This message has been edited by farhana (edited May 18, 2001).]

Prejudice has become an art form. Nowadays, people generalize based on no more than two examples. Everyone is quick to brand a whole race, community, religion, country or family based on what one or two of them do. Its ignorance in its prime.
    Everyone has bad experiences related to someone, somewhere. I bet tariq786usa has seen more rapes, kidnappings, incests and murders in his good old USA, yet his vocabulary got the better of him when it came the time to generalize on them.

Comment

I dont know what the perosn in question had said. I do want to point out that crime statistics as well as education statistics are compiled to some extent. To use that to stereotype is incorrect, but using that as an indicator of problems, issues and challenges in any region or group and for discussion of that is okay.

Most of the Pakistanis I know are highly educated but I would be wrong if I say that and average pakistani is more educated than an average american.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist. And like that... he is gone.

Comment

Stereotyping others is just dur to lack of knowledge and proudness....
        One who is proud can't see anything other than himself..hence can't gain any knowledge.
        Sometimes people stereotype others to cover their own weaknesses...and some times due to jealousy as they have fallen behinfd others....as We Mirpuris are sterotyped negatively by so many people here in UK and %90 of that is totally false,

Comment

The problem is racism is something deeply embedded in the Pakistani psyche .Intolerence being the second thing , this guy Tariq , is an out an out racist , and from the looks of it has a serious inferiority complex with regard to pashtuns .Pitiful , the problem is whenever you bring up the topic , most Pakistani's will start of about the need to forget about the insults as we are all Muslims and Pakistani's first .That doesn't help matters , you have to understand what racism against any ethnic group does to society , and how people who do not stand up against it ,the moment Tariqs kind open their mouth , are probably more at fault then Tariq .
          How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Comment

Originally posted by Zakk:
            The problem is racism is something deeply embedded in the Pakistani psyche.
            To call someone a "racist" has become an easy way out of arguments. Why why you consider Tariq a racist and according to you, what is a racist?

Comment

The definition of racism ..hmm

"the belief that people's qualities are influenced by their race and that the members of other races are not as good as the members of your own, which results in the other races being treated unfairly "

Hmm lets see ..being told how our only weapon is niswar ..and how our mentality changes ..I believe Tariq is a prime example .
              How can a man die better than facing fearful odds for the ashes of his fathers and the Temple of his Gods?

Comment

WELL, WELL , WELL,.
                What we have in here. Sorry guyz you have to wait for your turn to get proportionate answer from me.
                Again let me say all over again. I am the worst enemy of those people who are talking about divisions, when unity is the message and call of the day . But some people are having hard time understanding, what the whole post means.
                I appreciate some of you people who tried to defined " Racism ". They can define anything they want and free to say anything what they want. Same goes for me.
                1. I am true Pakistani and then muslim . I never thought anybody is superior than others or any group is better than others. That is the guilt of some people who think and imply that they are superior over other group. All, I am doing here is to take the air our from the balloon and show to everyone who are the people hiding behind it.

2. As I mentioned in the previous posts, how Pathans define Punjabis or other groups. " Anybody who doesn't speak PUSHTU ( Language of HELL ) is a Punjabi or non-pathan". But I question one thing, Pashtu is a language any one can learn and speak.If someone speaks Pashto does it mean he / she is pathan.

3. Wali Khan's party is considered as the symbol of pathanism, and also 20 % of their members almost worship that guy. Here is the cruel truth about them. As of today, I mean all along Late Ghafar Khan ( Known as Sarhadi Gandhi ) used to collect money ( Like pension ) from India. India didn't stop that even after his death.They are paying to Wali khan now. Now the reality check, SARHADI GANDHI ,Ghafar khan didn't even wanted to be buried in Pakistan. He was buried in Afghanistan. Now can someone tells me what all that means. Who is loyal to Pakistan.

4. One more example: Long ago, Begum Nasim Wali, was caught red handedly in LONDON. While stealing Undearwears. It was widely publicized in Pakistani media. Because she brought shame to all Pakistanis, living in and out of Pakistan.One political figure from Sindh his name was Sher Baaz Mazhari defended her by saying, that She doesn't wear Underwear and this charge is not true. But one Reporter confronted him with another question, How the Hell he knows that she doesn't wear one,..? Wali Khan kept his mouth shut all along. While he was supposed to be defending her.It's the real story back in late 70's. Ask anyone.

I am not here to bash all pushtuns, but again don't pretend or show what you people are not. Say hi to 21st century and work with everyone for the welfare of Pakistan.

°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

Comment

OLDMAN:
                  As you have asked ZAKK the definition of Racism. He has to consult his whole group of people, like more then 50 to come up with an answer. Because, these people have no guts or enough IQ to decide on their own, even their family matters are decided by the whole grooup. Also, Their defintions are different than anyone else.

Three groups in the world are known as "THICK HEADED",....PATHANS,SIKH, and JEWS.
                  Always looking for trouble and blaming others for it. They will never listen to anyone or consult, when something will go wrong then they will start blaming and whinnings.

But again, I am not blaming any pathan, I just trying to show, how they are and how good they are. Don't take me wrong.They will have brand new house with all facitilities available, but still, Even Toilet Tissue paper is myth there. They will be going out to fields and looking for stones.
                  I am not saying this, Have some Pathan friend here, they tell me. Even they don't agree with them.

Guyz, I am not racist, nor I am anti-pathans. Though they are ignorant, stii we must find time to educate them.And tell them what is right and what is wrong.

I am message of peace, if anyone listen.
                  °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`° ¤ø,¸°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤ ºÂ°`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º °`°º¤ø,¸,¸¸,ø¤º° ºÂ¤Ã¸

A Faith that cannot survive collision with the truth is not worth many regrets.

Comment

Originally posted by TARIQ786USA:
                    Three groups in the world are known as "THICK HEADED",....PATHANS,SIKH, and JEWS.
                    Always looking for trouble and blaming others for it. They will never listen to anyone or consult, when something will go wrong then they will start blaming and whinnings.
                    Tariq: There are more thickheaded people than whom you quote. I rather not say the names. :> )

Who and what is a "pathan"?
                    Why do you consider Sihk's and Jews "thickheaded?

Comment

Definition of a Racist:
                      TARIQ786USA

In all my twenty-four years living on earth I have never heard my parents, my uncles, my aunts, my cousins, their parents, their uncles, their aunts their children talk about having a united Puktunistaan, (or whatever you wanna call it).

Until now, I hadn't even heard of it.

Guyz, I am not racist, nor I am anti-pathans. Though they are ignorant, stii we must find time to educate them.And tell them what is right and what is wrong.
                      What the **** do you define as right or wrong, huh? Why are we ignorant? Please enlighten us. Oh right, is it this?
                      Even Toilet Tissue paper is myth there.
                      You have no idea what you're talking about. Have you lived anywhere else in Pakistan??

All my family, whether in the UK, Pakistan or the US are educated. You have more ignorance than we have in our little fingers.

You're the only ignorant moron here. Go away, grow up, we don't have time for arrogant arseholes like you here.

Comment

Working...
                      X