Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaheed or Killed?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Shaheed or Killed?

    Why when a Kashmiri fighter gets killed by Indian troops he is referred to as Shaheed (martyr) in Pakistani Press, while the Press uses Halak (murdered) to refer to Indian casualties. Is one better than the other?

    #2
    Islam is the only religion that regards its war-dead with a different term compared to the regular dead. Though many countries/cultures use the term 'martyr' for war deads, they dont carry any religious connotations for them. To them its just a nobler way to denote someone who died while defending their country.

    Actually Ive even seen india use the term for their dead.....though they dont use it with the same religious reference as muslims do when referring to muslims dying in a war.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Akif:
      Islam is the only religion that regards its war-dead with a different term compared to the regular dead.
      I don't think any-other religion has an equivalent for Jehad too !!
      (I am sure u noted the connection.)




      [This message has been edited by Hizbul (edited May 07, 2001).]

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by NYAhmadi:
        Why when a Kashmiri fighter gets killed by Indian troops he is referred to as Shaheed (martyr) in Pakistani Press, while the Press uses Halak (murdered) to refer to Indian casualties. Is one better than the other?
        difficult to know. i doubt if dead people would really bother what they are called, evel less likely that they would worry about what they are called by pakistani press.

        Comment


          #5
          This killer is religiously blind. He is shown lust of heaven. He becomes a hero, a martyr after death. If not this entire manifesto, a fighter may start analyzing the reality.


          Comment


            #6
            And what might the reality be? To let the enemy rape and pillage while you sit and take all the abuse?
            A shaheed is as much a hero as any who dies for the cause of one's motherland. The differnce is that a Shaheed dies for the cause and pleasure of Allah while others die for self glorification

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Rational:
              And what might the reality be? To let the enemy rape and pillage while you sit and take all the abuse?
              A shaheed is as much a hero as any who dies for the cause of one's motherland. The differnce is that a Shaheed dies for the cause and pleasure of Allah while others die for self glorification

              Beautifully said. A Shaheed is one who dies fighting in the way of Allah. ANd that is Jihad. For the following reasons:

              1. To bring Islam to the people. Kinda like the British bringing in colonialism to India. The difference is that Islam is for the people is not used to exploit them.
              2. The end the suffering of Muslims at the hands of a tyrant.
              3. To protect Muslim land from another army.

              Jehad is like a light theat spreads through the darkness. We Muslims are thankfull that Jihad was done, otherwise we would be non-muslims. Ask the people what Islam has brought to their lives and then say Jihad is bad.

              But to speard Islam, Jihad is not always needed. Did you know that there was never an invasion of Indonesia BUT indonesia is the biggest Muslim country in the world.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Topee Wala:

                Beautifully said. A Shaheed is one who dies fighting in the way of Allah. ANd that is Jihad. For the following reasons:

                1. To bring Islam to the people. Kinda like the British bringing in colonialism to India. The difference is that Islam is for the people is not used to exploit them.
                2. The end the suffering of Muslims at the hands of a tyrant.
                3. To protect Muslim land from another army.

                Jehad is like a light theat spreads through the darkness. We Muslims are thankfull that Jihad was done, otherwise we would be non-muslims. Ask the people what Islam has brought to their lives and then say Jihad is bad.

                But to speard Islam, Jihad is not always needed. Did you know that there was never an invasion of Indonesia BUT indonesia is the biggest Muslim country in the world.
                Many of us are very happy being non-muslims..we don't like your views to be imposed on us. Acceptance and respect for other philosphies is anyday more superior then conversion. Shaheed and Jehad are ways to brainwash followers to forcibly impose their views on non-muslims.


                [This message has been edited by Rani (edited May 08, 2001).]

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Rani:
                  Shaheed and Jehad are ways to brainwash followers to forcibly impose their views on non-muslims.
                  ... and it seems we have failed to forcibly impose our views on you... but it is still "jehad", right?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    And what about a jihadi against a jihadi? A practice very common among Muslims for centuries. Who becomes more martyr in a counter jihad? I enquired it earlier, but no good scholar could expose this politics.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Jihad is not only against non muslims. A muslim army can fight agianst another muslim army if the other muslim army is doing wrongs.

                      ------------------
                      unity, faith, discipline
                      Pakistan Zindabad

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by proudpakistani:
                        Jihad is not only against non muslims. A muslim army can fight agianst another muslim army if the other muslim army is doing wrongs.

                        OK by this logic, suppose a non muslim fights against muslim army which is doing wrong, is that a jihad?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          How Islam can explain the Pak army’ jihadi tour against the jihad of Bangla Muslims, or Iran-Iraq counter jihad? And what about a self styled jihad that is unleashed by tyranny Muslim rulers against their Muslim citizens and the counter fight on the name of jihad?

                          What a jihadi is promised by holy books? Let some scholar explain!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by NYAhmadi:
                            Why when a Kashmiri fighter gets killed by Indian troops he is referred to as Shaheed (martyr) in Pakistani Press, while the Press uses Halak (murdered) to refer to Indian casualties. Is one better than the other?
                            You mean you have never seen the term Shaheed for in Indian soldier in any Indian newspaper?

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by skv anand:
                              And what about a jihadi against a jihadi? A practice very common among Muslims for centuries. Who becomes more martyr in a counter jihad? I enquired it earlier, but no good scholar could expose this politics.
                              Elementary, Dr Watson! You must be asking the wrong scholars.

                              In this case, there will be 2 martyrs instead of one. Double the sawab!

                              Now, will you be able to sleep peacefully at night? If you continue to suffer head-ache or stomach pains, feel free to relieve all such tensions by asking your questions right here.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X