Hypocrisy galore: PAK Govt. opposes sale of US weapons to Taiwan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hypocrisy galore: PAK Govt. opposes sale of US weapons to Taiwan

Pakistan Government on Monday expressed its opposition to the sale of advanced weapons by the United States to Taiwan, a foreign office spokesman said. "Taiwan is entirely an internal affair of China," the spokesman told state-run Associated Press of Pakistan. (AFP)

I feel like laughing...I mean since when has Pakistan Govt. started worrying about Foreign interference in internal affairs of a country.
    It sends loads of terrorists into Kashmir ostensibly to help it gain "freedom" from "Indian Oppression" and conveniently turns a blind eye to Taiwan and Tibet...looks like the Pakis will dance to the Chinese tune, no matter what.....

[This message has been edited by chilli (edited April 30, 2001).]

So now its the pot calling the kettle black

Comment

Nope it is called politics.
      It is just the same as India agreeing to Russia and its version of chechnya.
      It is all politics.

------------------
      CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

I Came I Saw I ATE
      You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Pakistan opposition to US sales of advanced ammuications to Taiwan is like inviting more trouble for itself.

Comment

Realistically Kashmir is NOT a part of India. Kashmir was forcibly occupied by India in 1947, and has been occupied since then. Pakistan, and the Kashmiris, do NOT regard Kashmir as a part of India, hence Kashmir is not an internal affair of India.

Taiwan has always been a part of China, and under those circumstances, it cannot break away without Chinas consent.

There is a stark difference between Taiwan and Kashmir...you have to see it to understand it. Taiwanese arent being tortured, killed, raped and massacred either as are the Kashmiries. Pakistans stance on Taiwan is correct.

Comment

Pakistan like i think 90% of the world agrees that Taiwan is part of china.
            They have over 20,000 marriages across the strait etc.
            They have trade and economic relations.
            The only obstacle is the political issue.
            If Hong Kong works out well and the 1 nation system thing is a success, i KNOW that taiwan will join china.
            The US is just doing the weapons deal as they are pissed off that the plane is not back yet.
            Bush is an idiot.

------------------
            CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

I Came I Saw I ATE
            You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Chilli, seems like you need some neuro-surgery.. Taiwan and kashmir?? what's the relation between the two??
              There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the end the sword will always be conquered by the spirit. --Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

The difference is that the Chinese army does not go rapeing the Tiwanese women but the Indian army does.

Comment

I don't think Bush is a very diplomatic sort of guy. If the peoplke he appoint to deal with international relations are not good, he is going to struggle through his term.

Taiwan will in the final end be part of China mainland again. You can't ward off history, and these two countries are one nation.

Unfortunately the much more democratic Taiwan will be assimmulated into mainland China in the next 10 years.

For now, everyone is first looking at what is hapening with Hong-Kong - the next step will be Taiwan.

America will never again make the mistake to start/partake in a war on the asiatic mainland.

Comment

Kashmir an internationally recognised disputed territory.

Taiwan and Tibet - both internationally recognised parts of Great China. Even India recognises this fact. So where is the comparison? Where is the hypocrisy?

Comment

Originally posted by Akif:

Taiwan has always been a part of China, and under those circumstances, it cannot break away without Chinas consent.

There is a stark difference between Taiwan and Kashmir...you have to see it to understand it. Taiwanese arent being tortured, killed, raped and massacred either as are the Kashmiries. Pakistans stance on Taiwan is correct.
                      And what about Tibet ? U mean that the Tibetans regard it as part of China.You mean the scores of Tibetan refugees pouring in Dharamsala,India and in Nepal have not been driven out of their homeland.Get your facts correct,Mr.Moderator.Tibet is very much a disputed piece of land and the Chinese have set aside all Human Rights norms to crush any possibility of rebellion.Its only that the Tibetans are inherently peace-loving and spiritual people who don't cry "jehad" at the drop of the hat. Maybe that is a reason why they don't make as much news. Also the Chinese have imposed all forms of censorship in Tibet.

However, I don't think anybody cares what Pakistan's stance is on international issues. The foreign policy of a govt. which finds virtue in the medieval antics of the Taliban will never be taken seriously.
                      If the Chinese tomorrow say that the "sun rises in the west", the Pakistanis will say "ditto". The Pakis are in so desperate need of friends. ZERO ! that is how much credibility your country has.

By the way, did you know that a good part of Kashmir is with the Chinese too...tell me what is Musharaff doing about it...

Rights of the Kashmiris ..bull-****...a big eye-wash to fool the world and the Kashmiri people....!!

[This message has been edited by chilli (edited May 01, 2001).]

Comment

Tibet is very much a disputed piece of land...

No. Tibet is recognised as integral part of China by the international community, including the UN, the USA and India. In fact even the Dalai Lama no longer disputes Chinese sovereignty over Tibet.

So before embarrassing yourself further I dare you to show any international document which recognises Tibet as a disputed territory, as Kashmir is?

Comment

Hey buddy..here's what the Tibetan people think..
                          Just visit :
                          http://www.tibet.org/Tibet100/
                          http://www.tibet.org/SFT/
                          http://www.freetibet.org

Also, did you know that there is a Tibetan Government in Exile in Dharamsala, the present seat of the Dalai Lama.

[This message has been edited by chilli (edited May 01, 2001).]

Comment

Nice come back chilli. When u get beat up on the Taiwan issue, the one that u initially raised, you conveniently crawled into Tibet.

Tibet back in 1951, voluntarily joined China. Tibet was declared a province of China, and was recognized by India, or did u forget that?

If u dont think anyone cares what Pakistan's stance on int'l issues is, why on earth would u care to start a whole new thread on it, that too in a Pakistani forum?

Regarding Pakistans agreements with China, well, Pakistan and China are friends.....very very close friends...and yes, thats a big thorn in the side of India, since india is friendly with neither. So dont take it out on us.

>>By the way, did you know that a good part of Kashmir is with the Chinese too<<
                            India lost that part of Kashmir to China in the mistake of a war that they dared to fight with China in '62. Dont cry about it 40 years later.

>>Rights of the Kashmiris ..bull-****...a big eye-wash to fool the world and the Kashmiri people....!!<<
                            This statement suits so well coming from an Indian, since it so truly reflects what India thinks of Kashmir, Kashmiris, and their rights.

Comment

I know what some Tibetan people think about China. As I know what most Kashmiri, Sikh, and Naga people etc think about India. But I will repeat my original question to you.

I dare you to show any international document which recognises Tibet as a disputed territory, as Kashmir is?

Still waiting?

Comment

Working...
                              X