Hindu Temples in Pakistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hindu Temples in Pakistan

For information can someone tell how many Hindu temples were in Pakistan in 1947, and how many exist today?

In India it was never made an issue; hence it is difficult to get correct information.
    http://www.hindustantimes.com/nonfram/170800/HTM05.htm
    “According to Saquib Malik, the features editor of Karachi’s Herald monthly, in the year immediately following partition, most Karachi temples were converted into government schools while some became private residences. The remaining temples remained more or less undisturbed. What is most unfortunate, according to the celebrated columnists of Karachi Dawn English daily Nahid Riyaz, is that the few remaining temples have always been under threat from the city’s notorious land mafia. In many instances, the courtyards and grounds surrounding these structures have already been commandeered.” http://www.hindunet.org/alt_hindu/1994/msg00365.html
    ‘Following statistics was given in the Indian Parliament during question and answer session by the external affairs ministry. As usual the biased press coverage on this was minimal and presented merely as a 1-2 inch column length in the middle pages.
    After the Dec.6,1992 incident in Ayodhya, India (destruction of the disputed Babri mosque) Anti-Hindu forces in the rest of the world reacted as follows:
    Pakistan - 242 temples damaged/ destroyed.
    Bangla Desh- 357 temples damaged/ destroyed. Also included among these was the famous Dhakeshwari temple of Dhaka. This temple was first built in 15th century and was NOT a disputed structure.’

These questions I raised on Hindukush matters but instead of cheap arguments, nothing informative I got.

Rgds

Basless accusations because there were never many temples in Karachi......only few and they still exist. I know because my mom brought up in karachi after the independence of 1947. Actually the majority of temples are in sindh and I dont know the number hows many exists.

Comment

If all this research was done by the Dawn, then why didn't you gave a link to the article at the Dawn's website?? any ref. when this article was published? etc..

NO INDIAN RESOURCES ON NEWS ARTICLE ABOUT PAKITSAN AS MOST OF THEM ARE NOT-TRUE.
      There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the end the sword will always be conquered by the spirit. --Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Are there any statistics given by India's government on the number of hindus killed in Pakistan vs. muslims killed in India after partition.
        Now the Indians will come out with total BS like all the Hindus were killed at the time of partition etc. There are still millions of Hindus living in Sind with thousands in Karachi. They are free to practice their religion and there temples are protected. Wheras in secular India every day muslims and Christians are killed in the name of religion.

Comment

What about the Babri Masjid that was destroyed a few years ago??

Comment

Anand like i said before, there is no data on the issue.
            There never was there never will be.
            Understand???

------------------
            CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

I Came I Saw I ATE
            You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

They might have some info: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/7295/

Comment

Annand..

I agree with u to some extent. Yes temples were destroyed in Pakistan and may be in Bangladesh but this take place after the accicdent of babri masjid,
                If indian goverment can`t protect the minority frm there own ppl whether it is golden tample,babri masjid or dispute of buddhistism keeping in mind it`s biggest democracy and what it`s record shows...millions of muslim murders in muslim kush...millions of sikhs killed..what they have to prove....biggest slaughter house...

Can muslim cut cow in India without inviting some fisad? noo
                Can muslim go to masjid in rurral areas of india? noo
                Can they ever be trusted ? noo
                Can they be 1st grade citizen? noo

In sindh there are ghouts which are still practically governed by hindus,with parliment level access....is this thing is happening in India?
                Pakistan is a small country as compared to india but we have fellings fr our bros in that part..U can`t throw stone and expect nothing in return.

Let me clear one thing on this platform.."Times" got pic of Jain mundar been destroyed in lahore......That was not mundar ..hindus sold it many yrs before but govt was keeping it as land mark,U can`t invite rage and then complain abt it,

Comment

A kind and patient Pakistan,

In Pakistan Hindu temples and Gurdwaras were not destroyed or damaged. They were just brought down without any noise. Temples that came into the way of the development plans of metropolitan cities just vanished. These were the temples of no historical importance.
                  Many temples and gurdwaras were allotted to refugees as property compensation.

In NWFP, Punjab and Baluchistan most of the temples lost importance, as majority Hindus migrated during partition. Old temple buildings were converted into schools, or given for trading or taken away by land mafia. Minority Hindus have had no voice in the system; hence it never became an issue.

In Sindh position is better. Hindus are protecting their temples.

Any systematic record of above information is not possible. I got this information from citizens of Pakistan, emigrants from Pakistan and people who left Pakistan during partition.

Rgds

Comment

You finally get it?????

------------------
                    CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

I Came I Saw I ATE
                    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Working...
                    X