Rs. 100 WITH EVERY LETTER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rs. 100 WITH EVERY LETTER

Some years back after a join meeting the then Federal Ombudsman and the then Chief Justice Sindh High Court stated "non response by bureaucracy to public communications was the 70% cause of public frustrations". It was a very correct diagnosis but after this diagnosis was any remedial measure taken? Answer is known to all of us.

From one co-operative society of which I am a member I have not heard for the last about 15/16 years. I frequently addressed the concerned Dy. Registrar Co-operative Societies but no response. I approached Sindh Ombudsman about this non response FROM Dy. Registrar. The Registrar promised with Sindh Ombudsman that he will take note and concerned Society will properly address the complainant member but nothing happened. Regrettably the Ombudsman did not take any note of Dy. Registrar's own violation of Secretariat Manual Instruction of not responding. Nothing further happened. I apprised Sindh Ombudsman about non honouring of promise by Registrar. No action. So the question arises in approx. 10 years I did not get even a single response from a Dy. Registrar despite having gone to ombudsman, so what I in practical term gained by my so much struggle? Nothing, except that I wasted money, time and earned more frustrations.

In Brazil as I read some years back is a system if you approach to a public dealing department the concerned official will advise you "if you want to get your job attended to urgently come through Agent". There government has authorised sort of agents similar as illegal agents we see outside Passports, Identity Card, Domicile offices.

I propose that our National Reconstruction Bureau which has embarked upon doing a good job of overhauling and reforming the system may consider my proposal that it may be prescribed that with each communication which requires a response from a public dealing department the member of public should attach a currency note of Rs. 100 which should be the personal unaccountable untaxable property of dealing official concerned.

Working...
X