TRAIN TICKET COST MORE THAN AIR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRAIN TICKET COST MORE THAN AIR

According to Islamic theology as the Judgement day will nearer strange/reverse things will be seen happening (ultee ghanjah behnah).

Communication Minister and new Chief of our postal department announced Pakistan Post Offices would be linked with computers and internet. In fact different departments are spending huge on this technology irrespective of the fact if department can use it or not. But this is done in line with government departments policy who during last quarter of financial year start spending madly to exhaust the budget. Last month daily DAWN published a colour photograph of a post office internet cafe closed indefinitely inauguarated only a day before. The other example is National Savings spent huge on website and internet that it will attract more savings. People invest on basis of websites or on basis of profits? National savings profits are continuously decreasing.

Pakistan Post Office increased its postal rates effective 01st April 2001. No formal public press notice was issued for information of general public. Till 5.4.2001 on its website rates were still old obsolete. This showed efficiency.

World over rates for surace mail are less than airmail. But in our case eg tariff for an envelope of 20 gms under surface mail (slow speed) is Rs. 4/- but for airmail (high speed) is Rs. 3/- (as per schedule I downloaded on 23.4.2001 from its website). It appears judgement day is near or alternatively it proves money spent on internet computer is only to place orders for supply of computers on some dear ones shops.

S.A.J
    25 April 2001

Unfortunately I don't share the same sentiments about judgment day. But about the other unusual things, even in India such crazy things exist.

In India, a first class A/c sleeper ticket in train from most locations to most places is always costlier than the corresponding flight ticket.

I think this is bound to increase as the flight tickets are becoming still cheaper.

Comment

Working...
    X