Can India and Pakistan be good friends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can India and Pakistan be good friends?

I see so much hatred and prejudice between Indian and Pakistani on these forums. It is deplorable. Why can't we be friends?
    I mean what is wrong with being friends than enemies?
    The comparison between two countries is ridiculous. They are offshoots of one country and would always share the roots, good or bad. In origin they are same.
    Ignore the differences, be friends.

it is not as bad as it appears both countries
    dont have resources are the will to fight
    prolonged war.compared to iran-iraq war
    pakistan and indian war is picnic

Comment

Yes they can be friends, if the kashmir dispute is solved.

------------------
      CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
      You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Originally posted by rvikz:
        it is not as bad as it appears both countries
        dont have resources are the will to fight
        prolonged war.compared to iran-iraq war
        pakistan and indian war is picnic
        iran and iraq have no nukes. now u may say that rulers are not idiots to wage nuclear war. but u never know and i am not so sure of intelligence of rulers. if a situation comes that if he does not use nukes he goes to political exile (like nawaz in kargil) and if he does, his natio goes to hell, he might choose later.

secondly, after cold war, there is little market for weapons. so if there is war, both will have supply of weapons from everywhere else. there are plenty of sellers and few buyers.

Comment

lol. i think they can be friends... there is always hope eh?
          but due to all the setbacks n all the wars n religious differences it's v. unlikely. i mean Pakistan was created in the first place because muslims wanted their own country so they can have their own islamic way of life in an islamic country. but wat has happened n how we still r living in a similiar way to that 53 yrs ago which is besides the point. we still have loads of traditions n cultural similarities which still exists which come from india n r different from other islamic countries. than thats wat makes us different from them hena? As CM mentioned if the kashmir problem is solved that would play a big part in resolving the problems but the problems just don't stop there.

well if we comes friends it will be a big jump towards improving our problems which the both countries share.
          but as its pretty obvious how we feel about each other n the new generation is even more strict or patriotic about their countries. (Well some neway) the problem seems far from being solved. maybe in a longterm it will be but the signs r not visible at the moment.
          Good luck to all!

[This message has been edited by Bismah (edited April 27, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Bismah (edited April 27, 2001).]

Comment

No they shouldnt

Comment

The question is can they be?
              And what is wrong with being friends nassem?

------------------
              CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
              You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Yikes!

Comment

Originally posted by analyze it:
                  Why can't we be friends?
                  Analyze it.. have you been hanging out with Rodney King a lot these days?

Comment

The way Pakistan and India are positioned geographically, its better for both countries to be friends from ANY point of view. I couldn't find any good reason why they cant be friends unless they want to spend 90 % of their budget on military when at the same time the nation is starving of food, education, general utilities.

There is nothing wrong with India, if you look beyond the generations of poisoned information we have been fed for years. Same goes for india too.

I mean imagine if we were friends the Dunkin Doughnuts guy would actually give me better service, and not act exasperated all the time.

Comment

Working...
                    X