Pakistan's One Major Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pakistan's One Major Problem

Pakistan has many problems, which are slowing down Pakistan's progress. Right now Pakistan has adopted some Islamic Rules and some un-islamic rules. So there are two extremes--some people are very liberal and some are very religious. Liberals tend to do things according to Western philosophy and religious people tend to follow Shari'ah. Since Islamic ways differ from western, so when come to decision making there is a conflict and less progress is made in accomplishing something. It is as, Pakistan's one leg is in Islamic boat and other in Western boat and both are going is opposite direction. As a result, Pakistan is going to sink. So we have two choices: whether we should completely follow Western rules and semi-naked culture to see achievement in this world, or if it is not acceptible to us, then we should follow Islamic rules in its entirity to gain success in this world and in the hereafter.

What common Pakistanis have adopted is neither totally Western nor Islamic, but seems like we have made our on standards, and its level is dropping and matching Western. As a Muslim, I want to say that Muslim World has seen the bottom of its decline, as most of the Muslim world was Colonized, but now Muslim World is struggling to rise up after gaining independence for just few decades. So whatever era we are born in we, as a Muslim, should play our role. Remember if everyone do a little, we all can do a lot.

So what you guys say: any thought/comment

You cannot expect Pakistan to wake up one morning and sweep the country with Islamic laws in one shot. It takes time, and it has to be done gradually. Still, Pakistan is in a better shape than many other Muslim countries. However, this is not about comparison. Its about logic. The change has to be made gradually...one step at a time. Its just that we, as humans, never have the patience for that.

And I dont know why you refer to the Muslim as one being at the bottom of its decline. How do you define a decline, and whats the standard for that? As far as I know, even though muslims were ruling more than half the world about 500 years ago, their islamic values were far below what they are of muslims of todays world. In todays world, you see muslims growing closer to Islam even in non muslim countries.

Every country/dynasty goes through its highs and lows. Its a merry go round of sorts. Time changes all. What was there 100 years ago, isnt there now. And whats there now, wont be there after 100 years. We cannot expect things of such magnitude to go our way overnight. We have to shape these times so our kids and their kids can live as even better Muslims.
    Point being, dont always underestimate things.

Comment

Originally posted by Akif:
      You cannot expect Pakistan to wake up one morning and sweep the country with Islamic laws in one shot. It takes time, and it has to be done gradually. Still, Pakistan is in a better shape than many other Muslim countries. However, this is not about comparison. Its about logic. The change has to be made gradually...one step at a time. Its just that we, as humans, never have the patience for that.
      That is so true! Very true indeed

Comment

And that is precisely why being an Islamist and nationalist at the same time, I do not join any religious party.

Normally, we as Muslims take everything in religion literally and do not understand the essence of it. I have one question to the religious parties, let alone the religious education in school, we would you not instruct your students and your members Arabic language so they can understand Qur'an first hand?

That is why we are not good Muslims. We recite Qur'an, and become so emotional in describing the "sawabs" for reciting it, forgetting the fact that these sawabs were actually said for those who understood it also, whose language was Arabic. I am not going to go into any debate whether it is fruitful or not - its God's word, would definitely have rewards. But only if we were to instruct Arabic as we teach Urdu and English, we would be in a much better position to understand Islam and know whether to apply it or not.

However, what our religious ulemas want to do is implement shariah, without letting anyone learn Islam. This is not what Islam teaches. Islam wants everyone to take easy approach. If we were to use analogy and declare ourselves close to Jahiliyya (which would not be wrong) it requires a gradual implementation as Muhammad(sm) did. Qur'an was revealed in 23 years, lets take 15 instead. Instruct Arabic in every school and every college and in 15 years, the new generation will want Shariah themself. But our religious scholars will not do so. They'll make sure that everyone memorizes Qur'an even though they do not understand it! And recite 30 times in Ramadan, without knowing what its about!

Omer

Comment

Originally posted by oiqbal:
          And that is precisely why being an Islamist and nationalist at the same time, I do not join any religious party.
          Omer
          i applaud your decision..
          the day i will think about joining a religious party will be when there will be one united one .. how many of them are in pakistan..
          last i remember there were about 12 or 13.. any further increase?

if our so called religious leaders can't get their act straight.. how can they expect any of their people to do the same..

in pakistan everyone is in for the power.. not for betterment of the people..

I agree with OIqbal;s view that all Pakistani;s should be taught Arabic from early school .. as they should have been taught.

but it is not in the interest of the Religious leader.. who will follow them if the people realise how they have been manupilated in the name of Islam.

Comment

I agree with most of the views stated above. We need to have patience BUT we also need to actually start taking the right actions at the individual level and not just expect the govt. / establishment / imams / etc. to set things right. As an example - how about NOT telling lies? Everyday, all the day, each one of us. After a very short while one would start to fall in line with the teachings of Islam and consequently, building-block-by-building-block the family, neighbourhood, village, etc. situation would start to improve.

Comment

one thing that strikes me strangely in particular: Why should the kids be taught in Arabic? Are they Arabs? How come Iranians don't teach in Arabic? Why just Pakistanis? Is it to find long-lost or unfounded legacy to Arabia? Just interested.

Comment

Ninety eight percent of Pakistanis are Muslims and recite Arabic Qur'an in every namaz without understanding it. In the end, they know Islam as they see in others, its a blind faith, never reasoned and Qur'an never understood. Thats why we need to know Arabic. I mean lets not hang in the middle, either know the language and learn religion or forget completely and become secularists.

If children know Arabic from start, they'll know what the Imam is reciting in Namaz, and would listen to Qur'an five times a day, understanding it completely. And they'll know whether to be Muslims or not, not hang in the middle, knowing half Islam, not knowing the rest.

Omer

Comment

I agree with the concept of teaching arabic is school at an early age.
                  As an islamic nation or first and foremost duty is to understand the concept and teachings of islam.
                  Thus we need to learn arabic to understand the quran in its message.
                  The mullahs on the other hand have done everything in their power to keep the people uneducated about islam.
                  For example it is very common for people to give something like food, money, gold etc to the mullahs so they prayer for something these peopel want.
                  I personally believe you should ask Allah for what you want yourself and not ask someone else to do it for, esp. since the mullahs can't do any better than you can.
                  The mullahs have taken full advantage of the uneducated masses, to stir up weird stories and deem thing haram even though they may not be.
                  As for pakistan implementing shariah and western law, i agree shariah should be implemented, but it will take time like Akif said.
                  Take the present system they are cooking up on the issue of an interest free system in pakistan.
                  This will not work in a capitalist system, the banks would fail etc.
                  My knowledge is limited compared to those who are actually in the group.
                  But still i think it will take longer than 2 months to implement this country wide without serious consequences.

------------------
                  CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
                  You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Working...
                  X