iam impressed with ce musharraff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iam impressed with ce musharraff

i saw the interview of mr musharraff with mj akbar few days ago and i think i was impressed with the genral . i think genral sahab hs got a sensible head and has the right blend of hardline and libralism .
    i think pakistan will be better off under genral than the politicians
    i belive pakistan is not mature enough for democracy any one who comes to power will do what has happened in past . so let the genral carry on for some more years

saw the interview on the net and i agree...he comes across as very sensible
    and i say that cuz i dont remember any sharif or bhuttos impressing me
    ------------------
    ~*~I'm not going to ask if you just said what I think you just said because I know it's what you just said.~*~DS

[This message has been edited by hk (edited April 12, 2001).]

Comment

I have followed some of Pervez Musharraf's interviews and press conferences and he seems much more suitable for our country than what we have seen in the past.

Hopefully he's gonna become the next president and will dictate the politicians. We do need him in such a position as that would also satisfy foreign relations requirements for Pakistan.

There is no doubt on Pervez Musharraf's intentions on what he is doing, but isn't it ironic that the same person ordered Kargil invasion at a time when relations with India were stabilizing and there was no need for such an action. In fact those have affected our long-term relations with India.

Anyway, the devolution plan and the new police force restructuring plans are some impressive works being put forward by him. Lets hope it works out well. I used to always argue that our economy has progressed under military dictators only. And then I counter argue myself by saying that so-far almost all countries that have broken, have done so under military rules only!

Omer

Comment

"me person ordered Kargil invasion at a time when relations with India
        were stabilizing and there was no need for such an action. In fact those
        have affected our long-term relations with India."

DO you have proof of that or you have been seeing Zee t.V. & all india radio vividh bharti too much or all of the above!
        Dont get in the habit of blaming all your meseries on the first prominent person or figure you see.

------------------

"jo kHat main kahte they apni jaan mujhko
        aaj kHat likhne main unki jaan jaati hai .....

Comment

Kabir can you please post a link to the interview.
          Thanks

------------------
          unity, faith, discipline
          Pakistan Zindabad

Comment

Dear FYI,

I believe I am a very strong nationalist but in doing so, I do not close my eyes to the facts.

If you want details on how I got to that, the very next day of the Kargil invasion Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's headline in The News was along the line thats he did not know about the action. Obviously there was a cover up later on, but why did it come in the newspaper in the first place?

Just before Kargil, Nawaz Sharif and Vajpayee had signed Lahore Declaration and Vajpayee was received at Waga border by his Pakistani counterpart. There are two things that could have happened.

One that Nawaz Sharif knew about Kargil and he wanted to cover it up. But then Nawaz Sharif wouldn't attack one day, visit Clinton and call off armies the next day. And the attack also just a few months after the best Pakistani-Indian deal. Doesn't fit in well.

The other, that Kashmir issue would have been resolved somehow, or at least both parties agreed upon disagreement, in which case both our countries' armies would have been reduced in number. Reports on reduction of army were out in the papers at that time, which means COAS was fearing such a move. In this case, we argue that PM did not know. Reason for that, one the intial healdines in the papers and other, looking back in history army had a plan for the Sikh movement in India, which was given to the Indian government by Benazir. In short, Army did not trust Nawaz Sharif or any politician for that matter. And also, when Nawaz Sharif is looking into an agreement with New Delhi, which would reduce army, why would COAS want to inform the PM anyway? So this is a legitimate reason for COAS to do what he did.

The public loves the army, and army can virtually do anything because of their number and their respect in public. Obviously, COAS did not want this status to be lost by the Nawaz-Vajpayee agreement. The resultant is the Kargil war.

I do not know if any Indian channel or media reported this. It could have been anything, but given the conditions, our own media and all that followed, this is the most plausible course of action that could have followed.

Like I said, I have a strong nationalist feeling, but in that I do not like to ignore the facts as they come.

Best,
            Omer

Comment

I am impressed with him and his capabilities and this and that but one thing for sure which I know that "power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely". Hence, I would prefer if he corrects the problems (which we a lot) and then return power to clean elected people.

I hate him for one reason as his name resembles mine and I can't search my home page using any search engine.

Comment

ya.. can someone give link to this interview.. should be in asian age or like. too busy to find it ot..

Comment

here's the link http://www.pakistanvision.com

------------------
                  ~*~I'm not going to ask if you just said what I think you just said because I know it's what you just said.~*~DS

Comment

Atleast we can trust him..the fact that he actually took bullets for Pakistan in the war with India. Anyways I hope he gets rid of all those crooked no good politicians and developes Pakistan...and relieves the misery of the poor people.

Comment

CE for pres!!

------------------
                      CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
                      You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

I saw Musharraf's interview on TV (or at least some part of it). He is a very impressive character who doesn't take any crap and speaks his mind bluntly and straightforward.

Without a doubt there is more about him than Nawazu or that airhead Benazir. My only doubt is whether the army would be held accountable as everybody else in Pakistan. When asked about possibility of corruption in the army Musharraf totally dismissed the idea without even a second thought. That's not a very healthy attitude IMO.

Comment

Extremely you can't shoot yourself in your foot.
                          The CE can't start cleaning the corps when most of the politians are against him.
                          He needs the back.
                          When he is pres, i hope is way different.

------------------
                          CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
                          You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Working...
                          X