X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Tribute ....

"This air force (PAF) is second to none."
    General Chuck Yeager, US Defence Representative to Pakistan, 1971-73

They can engage the pilots of the PAF, but how many would dare? For who can fight against a nation that knows how to play hide-and-seek with death? - These men are made of a different mettle - Yes, you can fight them, but before you fight you must dare - therein lies the victory and therein lies the difference.

------------------
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Shah-e-Mardan Sher-e-Yazdan,
    Quwwat-e-Parwardigar,
    Lafatah illa ALI,
    La Saif ila Zulfiqar
    ====================

Originally posted by Lashkar-e-Abbas:
    "This air force (PAF) is second to none."
    General Chuck Yeager, US Defence Representative to Pakistan, 1971-73

They can engage the pilots of the PAF, but how many would dare? For who can fight against a nation that knows how to play hide-and-seek with death? - These men are made of a different mettle - Yes, you can fight them, but before you fight you must dare - therein lies the victory and therein lies the difference.
    Assalamalaikum.
    Sir, can you post the URL? Thank you.

Comment

my father met him. he was in pakistan giving some lecture..

he was the first person to break the shound barrier (officially). right ??

in his X-1? X-5 .. something like that..

Comment

http://www.pakdef.com/paf.html

------------------
        unity, faith, discipline
        Pakistan Zindabad

Comment

Did that know that in 1971, Pakistan lost war with India and its 95000 troops surrendered to Indian Army? Did that general know that Indian Air force crippled PAF in 1971? Indian airplanes bombarded where ever they wanted in West Pakistan, and there was no resistance from PAF? Did that know that Indian Air Force targeted main cities of West Pakistan particularly Karachi and Lahore. People still remember the horror night when Karachi was bombarded by Indian Air force whole night with the support of Indian Navy. Did that know that on that hell night, thousands of people died in Karachi by Indian Bombardment? Did that know that missiles were fired by Indian naval ship towards Karachi port area, when a number of ships including PN ship sunken. That missile hit oil storage tanks in dockyard, blasting whole depot. Karachi was burning for seven days--- Why you have to take 'aashewar' from Americans? Are you not competent enough to know how much are you strong?

Misleading report. General Chuk Yeager must be a JOKER!

FARID

[This message has been edited by sabah (edited March 21, 2001).]

Comment

Mr. Farid, you need to get your news from
            some good source.. whatever you wrote never
            happened.. India was never able to get to
            Pakistan's territory without challenge, while
            in 1965, P.A.F did rule the indian airspace.
            I never read whatever you wrote above even
            at an india website..any links..reference to
            a book that you can provide us...(of course
            a reliable one)
            There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the end the sword will always be conquered by the spirit. --Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Didn't Indians discover America too ?

Why are they, then, one of the poorest nations in the country. Note the word "one of the" and not "the", so dont jump ship on me

Comment

PureLand of ignorance

It happened right before my eyes. Though I was kid at that time but I could still remember the horror on the faces of karachiites the other day following hell night. Perhaps you were not born at that time. It is our bad luck that people like you are complete ignorant or experts in telling lies and changing the facts of history. Just go to your mama or papa and ask them what happened in 1971 during war with India and how much PAF was effective at that time.

I usually avoid to open the most ugly chapter in the history of Pakistan again and again, but unfortunately ignorant like you leave me no choice except to correct your ‘fantasy land’ thinking. I do not know when people like you will wake up from a false glory and face the real world.

FARID

Comment

Farid, stop living in the past.
                  This the present.
                  If you can't deal with the 1971 war, do it on your own time.
                  Every pakistani knows we lost.
                  We have dealt with it and moved on.
                  You should do the same.
                  And your hibernation period over??
                  You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Farid:

I usually avoid to open the most ugly chapter in the history of Pakistan again and again
                    That must count towards quote fo the century. Since I've been here, I've never heard you discuss anything else. For you the history and future of Pakistan seems to have started and ended in 1971.

Keep it up.

Comment

http://jang.com.pk/thenews/mar2001-d...1/metro/i6.htm

All PAF aircraft operational: ACAS

ISLAMABAD: Assistant Chief of Air Staff (ACAS) Air Commodore Safdar Khan on Wednesday said all aircrafts included in the fleet of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) are operational and in ready condition.

Despite sanctions, PAF has been ably looking after its fleet and the credit goes to PAF engineers and technicians who have removed anomalies from different types of aircrafts, he told reporters while briefing them on "Flight Safety Programmes of PAF".

"No major accident has occurred with the US made aircraft F-16 during the last 4-5 years as all are operational and in ready condition," said the ACAS who is also Director Flight Safety Programme at the Air Headquarters.

Safdar said PAF has been maintaining the oldest Chinese made aircraft F-6 (Mig-19), as these were inducted soon after the 1965 war. Making comparison of F-6 with the Russian origin Mig-21 being maintained by Indian air force, he said the recent figures have proved that Mig-21 is not dependable due to their high rate of crashes.

On the flight safety programme, he said this has been achieved through adoption of pro-active approach, which has immensely helped PAF to overcome losses of life as well as property. PAF had to exercise extra-vigilance to keep accident rates down, he said.

Now I am assuming Mig19 is older than Mig21.. that just shows the skills and the expertise of our PAF engineers when we can maintain and aircraft older than the one India is struggling with.

------------------
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Shah-e-Mardan Sher-e-Yazdan,
                      Quwwat-e-Parwardigar,
                      Lafatah illa ALI,
                      La Saif ila Zulfiqar
                      ====================

Comment

Originally posted by Farid:
                        PureLand of ignorance

It happened right before my eyes. Though I was kid at that time but I could still remember the horror on the faces of karachiites the other day following hell night. Perhaps you were not born at that time. It is our bad luck that people like you are complete ignorant or experts in telling lies and changing the facts of history. Just go to your mama or papa and ask them what happened in 1971 during war with India and how much PAF was effective at that time.

I usually avoid to open the most ugly chapter in the history of Pakistan again and again, but unfortunately ignorant like you leave me no choice except to correct your ‘fantasy land’ thinking. I do not know when people like you will wake up from a false glory and face the real world.

FARID
                        "Though I was kid at that time"

I was not. Maybe you being a mere kid got scared. True that the Indian missile boat fired a missile and the oil tankers caught fire. But my dear child, this is expected in war. And you being a kid, how many Karachiites faces were you able to see the following day?

True the PAF was not able to be everywhere, but the fact remains that more than 100 Indian aircraft were shot down by PAF and the Artillery. Read John Frickers report in The Battle for Pakistan. Its a review of the overall situation. And you can be sure he did'nt get his report from his mama!

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by zman:
                          [B]Didn't Indians discover America too ?
                          =========================================

You must be kidding too!!!!!
                          Columbus discovered America while he was on an expedition to find India. When he reached America , he thought that this is India. He was not Indian as well but portuguese. I guess.
                          Or you are talking about Red Indians as they were called. They are native american and nothing to do with subcintental indians.

[This message has been edited by analyze it (edited March 22, 2001).]

Comment

Farid I think that this was what you got scared from. And guess what...Pakistanis were able to shoot it down and made a video of it too.
                            Here are the pics too.

This is an Indian Mig 21 over Karachi and...
                            http://www.akhtarm.freeserve.co.uk/P...21ShotDown.GIF

------------------
                            unity, faith, discipline

[This message has been edited by proudpakistani (edited March 22, 2001).]
                            Pakistan Zindabad

Comment

Fact: PAF is among one of the world's most best Airforces.. Only Airforce that has shoot down Aircrafts of a Superpower when not engage directly in a War (PAF shooted down several USSR aircraft whenever they entered the Pak Airspace)..
                              The airforce that did not cared about a country such as USSR, how would it leave one of the worst airforces of the world to bomb the most important city in Pakistan???..
                              There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the end the sword will always be conquered by the spirit. --Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Working...
                              X