X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Courageous bus driver defuses bomb in Karachi

Courageous bus driver defuses bomb in Karachi
    (Updated at 1800 PST)
    KARACHI: A bus driver in Karachi disarmed a bomb minutes before it was due to explode in his vehicle, reports a foreign news agency Wednesday citing Sindh IGP, Aftab Nabi.

"The bomb planted in the bus carrying 55 passengers was meant to create widespread destruction," Mr Nabi told the agency, adding that a procession of Shiite Muslims was scheduled to pass the area.

"The driver found the bomb lying under the front seat and immediately took it out and rendered the device useless."

Driver Noor Mohammad said the sound of a clock attached to the device attracted his attention. "I rushed out of the bus holding the packet in my hands and managed to switch off its clock which apparently did the trick," he told the news agency.

----------------------------------------- http://www.jang-group.com/thenews/

thats what i call luck. defusing a bomb on your own..

courageous indeed, but a wrong thing to do. get passengers out and call police. only trained people should despose off the bomb. he could have triggered bomb by mistake. anyway, he did something on spur of moment and better than running away.

Comment

ZZ, come on man!!! The driver needs to be commended. There can be no negativism attached to this. The guy was heroic and that is that. Not every corner has a bomb-disposal unit available.

Comment

actually he did get the passengers out of the bus.. then drove around to look for the police, couldn't find them cuz they were deployed somewhere else for shia thing.. so he did it on his own..

Comment

the additional details are in Dawn

[This message has been edited by nomaan (edited April 04, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
          X