Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B Bhutto ......

Pak missing 'window of opportunity': Bhutto

Describing Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee's peace initiative in Kashmir as a "courageous" step, former Pakistani premier Benazir Bhutto called it a "window of opportunity" being missed by the military government in Islamabad.

"After Rajiv Gandhi, Vajpayee is the first leader with farsightedness," Bhutto said in an interview to the television news channel Aaj Tak.

She said Vajpayee's decision to allow Hurriyat leaders to go out of the country for treatment was right.

"He declared a ceasefire, told them that he was ready for unilateral talks. I think he has taken courageous steps. This is a window of opportunity for Pakistan which we are missing," she remarked.

Asked what she would have done if she had been at the helm, the 48-year-old politician said, "I think if a positive step is taken, a second positive step should follow."

She ruled out any delinking of Indo-Pak relations from the vexed Kashmir issue. "You want that I call for a delink. Then your people will be happy and my people angry," she said.

Stating that there were reservations over the operations of the extremist Lashkar-e-Tayiba, Bhutto said the two sides could sit and talk about how to "manage this".

She said, "We understand that violence should end and our countries should live in peace. I am prepared to play my role."

Ruling out any agreement on the Line of Control in Kashmir, Bhutto said this was not possible because of opposite views.

"We should acknowledge that there are differing viewpoints. But we should build consensus for a peaceful, politically negotiated settlement," she said.

Stressing that differences should be resolved politically, she said, "We should build confidence for a safe and open border. Then the new generation will distance itself from bloodshed and hatred."

When reminded about Vajpayee's Lahore peace initiative and the subsequent Pakistani invasion of Kargil, Bhutto said, "It was wrong. But he was dealing with an undemocratic leadership."

Asked whether the United States dictates politics in Pakistan, she said: "Obviously. America is a superpower. It has too much clout. We want their diplomatic support because if we go to the UN, we have support."

Bhutto said the powerful Inter-Services Intelligence and the army establishment in Pakistan had emerged as the "invisible regime" which had caused much damage to the country.

PTI http://www.rediff.com/news/2001/mar/29ben.htm
    He was a self made man who owed his lack of success to nobody.
    - Author on Cargill in 'Catch 22'

I am sure she knows alot about damages to pakistan.

Comment

rediff = crap.
      There is nothing more to discuss.

------------------
      CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
      You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

CM rediff might be crap .... but the bhotto given interview on AAJ TAK ... a news channel ... what do u want to say about that .....

Comment

Bhutto = crap.
          Rediff = crap.
          AAJ TAK = crap.

------------------
          CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

LHS = RHS
            therefore the equation is proved.

You get 100 points for proving that mathematical theorem

Comment

whatever she says sounds practical . well
              pakistan have a choice continous and costly confrontation with india or peaceful coexistance.

Comment

Rvikz once again you must be smoking that stuff.
                Bhutto making sense is like saying Rani is a peace loving person.
                It just ain't true.

------------------
                CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

All you pro india ,& pro bhutto,do you think we are dumb like you, to not see the inevitable.

What is Bhuttos option.Only one,.India ,so she goes for Indian mass support say what they like to hear.Atleast all those million $$ education oveseas ,that Pakistani farmers paid for by there sweat,for bhutto,should be as good as my govt, school education on home turf,even i can see her motive to cosy upto indiians being hounded out from her own pakistani.
                  How can something intiated,promoted,endorsed,financed,supported,sold by indians can be in the interest of PAKISTAN!! .GO GET YOUR HEAD EXAMINED.Whether you are hindu or muslim indian or Pakistan ,u r ignorently stupid to ask me to listen to you or bhutto .

------------------

"jo kHat main kahte they apni jaan mujhko
                  aaj kHat likhne main unki jaan jaati hai .....

Comment

Originally posted by FYI:
                    All you pro india ,& pro bhutto,do you think we are dumb like you, to not see the inevitable.

FYI, Do you really want me to answer that? One clue...remember your post on Call centers....nuff said! If this is the benchmark for the Pakistani knowledge base....Inshallah, indeed!

Comment

but dear friends ... why do u forget that one's she used to be a famous pakistani prime minister .... she is one who used to lead a democratic governemt
                      so u allow any crap to be PM of pakistan
                      what's this nonsense

Comment

Don you have a racist neo-nazi party in power.
                        Shut up.
                        Plus she is crap.
                        And deserves to rot in jail.
                        Democractic??
                        My foot, more like a monarchy.
                        That is the pakistani point of view.
                        You don't like it, go jump off a cliff or something.

------------------
                        CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

for gods sake dont let this lady called benazir ever rule or set her foot back in your country
                          god save pakistan

Comment

Originally posted by maihu_don:
                            but dear friends ... why do u forget that one's she used to be a famous pakistani prime minister .... she is one who used to lead a democratic governemt
                            what's this nonsense
                            Heres another guy with below 60 i.q.

you elected Indira Gandhi the most popular for 16 yrs SO WHY INDIANS KILLED HER ..DUH?????Or Rajiv...??or Gandhi???Or hundred other elected leaders Kairon to Lalit Sinha??

info,salute u r HEROolumn

Ketan Parekh: Delusions of invincibility?
                            The crashing markets trapped Parekh in the double bind of having to
                            continuously top up margins on his borrowings and cover the losses on
                            his investment, says Sucheta Dalal. http://www.rediff.com/money/2001/mar/31dalal.htm

Interview
                            'Ketan Parekh has accepted he made mistakes'
                            'Ketan Parekh is a soft-spoken man. He accepted his mistakes, saying he
                            took money from the banks, used it on the stockmarket and lost,' says
                            Hemant Nagrale, superintendent of police, CBI. http://www.rediff.com/money/2001/mar/31inter.htm
                            I am using REDIFF.only for nes NOT OPINION OR EDITORIAL!!

------------------

:

When was i for real?
                            I am myself a dream
                            I always see you
                            watching me tenderly

Comment

what's this nonsense

WELL WELL look who is talking now . what about Mr.Atal behari vajpaye or whatever.
                              are't you shame of him. any how stp gossping about others watch your own home first i am sure you are not so proud of it after all.okay!

Comment

Working...
                              X