Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TCP/IP based remote controlled proxy warfare systems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TCP/IP based remote controlled proxy warfare systems?

I was doing some research on Internet based remote controlled gun cameras and rocket pods.

I want to discuss the viability of such a system, in a proxy warefare/guerilla warfare environment such as Kashmir.

Such systems can be cheaply and conviniently assembled from commonly available components such as surveillanece zoom cameras, and POF-manufactured RPG systems.

Some challenges would be to write software to integrate the weapons platform with a video camera as well as with a fire controller, both of which use microwave communication and/or wireless Internet.

This presents serious limitations as microwave communication needs line of sight to operate.

We would also need a high speed CPU on each weapons unit, e.g. a Pentium III (already used by NASA for its Mars buggies).

The entire cost for each unit once design matters are taken care of could be anything around $3000-5000.

Once made, such a system would be installed across a territory such as Kashmir, on tree tops and half buried in the ground, near army installations and on supply routes.

It would really give occupying forces a run for their money, as remote control operaters sitting at their computer terminals (across Line of control) would be watching the environment on Webcam-like video and they would point and click to shoot enemy troops that cross the weapon systems' path.

Sort of like playing an online computer game, with real casualties for the enemy

Please give your feedback.

[This message has been edited by alizadeh2000 (edited March 20, 2001).]

Well, the weapon might need a whole set of infrastucture to be laid. Once the weapon is field tested, then you might find some potential investors to fund the whole project.

I think if developed, it has to be of mobile configuration. It shouldn't become a target once exposed. I am not an expert in technical aspect of different weapons', although I would be glad to share information on strategic matters.

I am looking for some information on the effectiveness of artillery radars. Let me know if you can help.

[This message has been edited by outlaw (edited March 20, 2001).]

Comment

I was thinking more in terms of camouflaged stationary deployment by human guerilla fighters.

Mobile systems may require extra Internet bandwidth to transmit movement data.

Comment

I think ideas as such,which revolves around indigenousness, will play a vital role in modernization of the armed forces.

Drop me an e.mail with contact info. Thank you.

[This message has been edited by outlaw (edited March 22, 2001).]

Comment

Come on, keep up the discussion, i found the few posts, highly complicated and interesting.
          Hey if there are any websites on this tsuff please left me know.
          But i have one question, if these are remote controlled, then of course the transmission must be bounced off satellites.
          Pakistan i know does not have such sophisticated sats.
          But the US does.
          It seems possible for the US and nobody else.
          If they can get the star wars system up, this would be easy no?

------------------
          CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
          You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Good discussion guys. Keep 'em coming and if there is enough people on board to engage in these debates we can definitely look into having a seperate forum.

Comment

I say, do engineering from here, go back to pakistan and start making these things, sell them to the govt or in international markets. Make some money, and give a few of them to the Kashmiris... Interesting!
              I prefer them being radio transmitted to a computer far away and theat being connected to the net. This way many devices can be controled at on time and the cost of the portable unit will be smaller and the computer can be places where there is high bandwidth awailable!

Comment

where is the money going to come from?

Comment

Money Money Money, it makes the world go around.
                  In pakistan it is printed and used to light a fire.
                  Money will come from our own walets.
                  Where else???

------------------
                  CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

investment, stock excahnge. Private investment, govt investment... the options are endless

Comment

Hmmm, their is an inetresting discussion here about this:
                      http://host7.hrwebservices.net/~pakd...s=&threadid=74

Comment

so when do we start doing some thing then instead of chating?

Comment

Waleed, do i look like the CE??
                          Do any of us even resemble any of the people in power??
                          NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          So we start doing this when the govt does this.
                          Until then we chat, and you can keep coming with these nonsensical questions.

------------------
                          CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE

Comment

Originally posted by CM:
                            Waleed, do i look like the CE??
                            Do any of us even resemble any of the people in power??
                            NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            So we start doing this when the govt does this.
                            Until then we chat, and you can keep coming with these nonsensical questions.

lol. its just that the way u people were chatting i thought u were the government of pakistan and don't worry i will try to come up with something even more 'nonsensical'

salam

Comment

actully i care to disagree with CM. Now im in Elec Eng. Oncw i graduate, why not go into production of something like this, sell it to the army or in the international market. Now if i we did not look at this we would not have gotten the idea. So u never know...

Comment

Working...
                              X