Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

REQUEST TO ADMINS: New defence forum

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    REQUEST TO ADMINS: New defence forum

    Dear Admins,

    I want to initiate a vote to create a new forum relating purely to Defence matters.

    I feel that defence related issues should be treated separately, to encourage open discussions of the strategic environment of Pakistan, and to encourage creative thinking for the promotion of the defence industry.

    I feel this is long overdue given the existence of various other forums like on Bharat-rakshak.com.

    Please look into this seriously.

    Sincerely

    Ali

    #2
    Ali, we have a whole Gupshup defence council comprising of Wadi, Musalaman, and myself. Rest of the gupsters only enjoy fireworks on independence day.

    I think this idea is very premature and needs lots of debate. Feel free to post on Pak Forum for now, and if the need arises, then we'll look into it. Great to have you onboard.

    Comment


      #3
      We should encourage participation from other ranks as well.

      Please look at what our neighbors are doing at http://www.bharat-rakshak.com
      (click on Forum)

      They even got sponsorships from Indian defense minstry.

      I believe that defense discussion should be a dedicated endeavor.

      We could have a group of Defense Forums, under which we could have:

      - Defense technology forum
      - Strategic affairs forum

      Everything great begins with a first step

      Regarding those who enjoy fireworks: no harm in introducing them to missiles.



      Originally posted by outlaw:
      Ali, we have a whole Gupshup defence council comprising of Wadi, Musalaman, and myself. Rest of the gupsters only enjoy fireworks on independence day.

      I think this idea is very premature and needs lots of debate. Feel free to post on Pak Forum for now, and if the need arises, then we'll look into it. Great to have you onboard.

      Comment


        #4

        I don't think we need a military forum here.
        Especially since Pakistani defence forums already exist,and offer high quality discussion on all defence and strategic matters.
        I think the example of Bharat-rakshak here is very instructive.That Indian forum already has pakistani competition.Quite effective competition too.
        That example is also instructive because indians have only one forum,they won't be where they are if there were several indian defence forums on web.
        Therefore we should stick to working forums aswell,instead of creating new ones from scratch.

        Comment


          #5
          The people at pakdef.com made a nice forum at http://host7.hrwebservices.net/~pakdef/forums

          however, they failed to put its link on the main site!
          furthermore, the main pakdef.com domain doesn't host this forum!

          I cannot believe how incredibly stupid these people are.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by alizadeh2000:The people at pakdef.com made a nice forum at http://host7.hrwebservices.net/~pakdef/forums
            however, they failed to put its link on the main site!
            furthermore, the main pakdef.com domain doesn't host this forum!
            I cannot believe how incredibly stupid these people are.
            Alizadeh2000,
            I am glad you checked and liked the format.
            But I don't know what sort of a person you are!You obviously have no idea what you are talking about!!!

            Did you even read the half a dozen PM's I sent you??

            The link you have given is merely 24 hours(or less) old for God's sake.

            They WILL put it's link on the main page and the pakdef.com domain WILL host this forum.They just haven't updated the links yet.
            The forum has existed for about 3 years now and is currently located at http://discussion.pakdef.com/~pakdef .But not for long now

            That forum is now bieng updated with the new one.Basically it's the same forum but with a new look.Obviously it will take time for the new format to become fully operational and links to be updated.

            The new forum's link will be different form the one I gave above.Something like pakdef.com/forums will be new address.
            The link you are providing in your post is temporary and I only sent it to you for you to view it.
            After a few days anybody clicking on that host7 link will reach into wildernes,or so I think.Anyway an address with correct domain name will be up soon.

            [This message has been edited by Ahmed (edited March 20, 2001).]

            Comment


              #7
              Hmmm in a nutshell this is a peculiar time.
              You guys who want to take part there can't do so in the old fourm because it is not there for long and admins are unlikely to add new members.

              The new format is nascent and I think you guys will have to wait a few days perhaps before new members are taken there.And it will also take new members some time to become familiar with the rules aswell.

              Normally if you found this place and registered you'd have to wait only 2-3 days before you were added.But with the transition going on you might have to wait longer.That's all.

              [This message has been edited by Ahmed (edited March 20, 2001).]

              Comment


                #8
                The http://pakdef.com website has existed for years now.

                I agree that the forum may be new, as Ahmad has stated.

                Let's just hope they shift it to the main domain. Currently there is no evidence to suggest that they are planning to shift it to pakdef.com main.

                If they don't, lets just bombard them with emails until they do.





                [This message has been edited by alizadeh2000 (edited March 20, 2001).]

                Comment


                  #9
                  Ahmad...

                  I sent them a registration request already

                  Originally posted by Ahmed:
                  Hmmm in a nutshell this is a peculiar time.
                  You guys who want to take part there can't do so in the old fourm because it is not there for long and admins are unlikely to add new members.

                  The new format is nascent and I think you guys will have to wait a few days perhaps before new members are taken there.And it will also take new members some time to become familiar with the rules aswell.

                  Normally if you found this place and registered you'd have to wait only 2-3 days before you were added.But with the transition going on you might have to wait longer.That's all.

                  [This message has been edited by Ahmed (edited March 20, 2001).]

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I got the temporary link from Bharat-Rakshak! Honest!!!



                    God, I don't believe our neighbors.
                    Nosy aren't they?

                    [This message has been edited by alizadeh2000 (edited March 20, 2001).]

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Ali,

                      I think Outlaw is right, there are not enough members here with military knowledge to justify a seperate forum, but let's see what reaction we get. For the moment it's better to continue to post here as this Forum isn't one of the busiest anyway, so the more topics we can discuss here wrt Pakistan Affairs the better.

                      How many Forums will we need if we start dividing everything in to sub-categories? One for Finance? One for agriculture?

                      Comment


                        #12

                        Yep we should have a military forum.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by PJ:

                          Yep we should have a military forum.
                          Why, what's wrong with PakDef?
                          http://host7.hrwebservices.net/~pakd...s/index.php?s=

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X