Indian Propaganda Machine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indian Propaganda Machine!

Check this out... This is the limit of twisting news stories and reports.

This article appeared in the Dawn today

Qadeer, Ishfaq made Musharraf's advisers http://www.dawn.com/2001/03/12/top10.htm

and this is what the Hindustan Times and Times of India wrote

Pak doesn't want its top N-scientists anymore http://www.hindustantimes.com/nonfra...1/detfor03.asp

------------------
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Shah-e-Mardan Sher-e-Yazdan,
    Quwwat-e-Parwardigar,
    Lafatah illa ALI,
    La Saif ila Zulfiqar
    ====================

[This message has been edited by Lashkar-e-Abbas (edited March 12, 2001).]

Thank you Lashkar-e-Abbas for posting this very relevant topic.

I am transferring it to Pakistan Affairs and members are welcome to contribute there.

Comment

Now i know why spin doctors are needed.
      But that is spinning is far away from the truth.
      I can't find the nation article on the net, but will post it as soon as i get a hard copy.
      Give me around a week.

------------------
      CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
      You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

This truly exposes what the "free" press of India really are. A bunch of liers!

I know that the Indian press is obsessed by Pakistan (and China), but to tell such blatant lies shows what levels they will stoop to in order to do down Pakistan.

Very sad indeed...

Comment

http://asia.cnn.com/WORLD/9708/India...der/index.html

Yet Another example...
          In the movie Gandhi! (We've got to release the movie Jinnah WORLD WIDE)

Today, many in the West view Jinnah through the eyes of Richard Attenborough's movie 'Gandhi,' in which the Muslim leader was portrayed as a cold villain who wanted a separate Pakistan only for his own political agg*****zement.

In truth, Jinnah was a complex man who by his eloquence and perseverance inspired both adulation and condemnation.

Born in 1876, the son of a wealthy Karachi merchant, Jinnah was not a man of the people like Indian nationalist Mahatma Gandhi.

Jinnah studied law in England, and after his return to India in 1896 as an advocate for the Bombay High Court, the slender, well-dressed and well-spoken attorney quickly made a name for himself.

According to one contemporary, quoted in a Time Magazine profile, Jinnah was "the best showman of them all. Quick, exceedingly clever, sarcastic and colorful. His greatest delight was to confound the opposing lawyer by confidential asides and to outwit the presiding judge in repartee."

However history may judge him, his own contribution to history cannot be doubted. As his biographer, Stanley Wolpert, wrote:

'Few individuals significantly alter the course of history. Fewer still modify the map of the world. Hardly anyone can be credited with creating a nation-state. Mohammad Ali Jinnah did all three.'

Quaid-e-Azam Zindabad!

------------------
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Quwwat-e-Parwardigar,
          Lafatah illa ALI,
          La Saif ila Zulfiqar
          ====================

[This message has been edited by Lashkar-e-Abbas (edited March 13, 2001).]

Comment

Dawn doesn't give the reason why they retired for obvious reasons.. and Hindustan Times does. I don't see how providing information is propoganda.

For the people who are sad u have my sympathy.. most u have often said Indians don't count so why worry about them...u guys know all.

[This message has been edited by Rani (edited March 13, 2001).]

Comment

Rani did you even read the DAWN article, it quotes a governmental source.

The notification said the chief executive had also appointed Pervez Butt Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC) chairman, replacing Dr Ishfaq Ahmad who has also retired. Both Dr Qadeer and Dr Ishfaq have now been appointed special advisers to the chief executive on science and technology with the rank and status of federal ministers.

"The decision has been taken to ensure their continued association with the country's strategic programme, which remains the undisputed cornerstone of the country's strategic programme, as well as to give a boost to the government's thrust on science and technology," the government announcement said.

And this is the reason given by hindustan times... for SACKING them (which is obviously not true because they were PROMOTED.)

It was stated that the decision was made in line with the conditions levied by international donors that Pakistan's defence budget and other important fiscal matters will be monitored by the International Monetary Fund before the disbursement of new loans.

I call it a severe twisting of information. Dunno what you INDIANS might call it.

------------------
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              Quwwat-e-Parwardigar,
              Lafatah illa ALI,
              La Saif ila Zulfiqar
              ====================

Comment

And for everyone's information, Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan's contract has to be extended every somewhat years. I think it was last year or the year before that he showed the desire to retire, but he was convinced into another extension of this term.
                This year the government thought that by appointing him as a national advisor they could still keep his services while get most of the load off of him.
                I think most of the stuff is from yesterday's
                THE NEWS. Too lazy to cut and paste.

------------------
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Quwwat-e-Parwardigar,
                Lafatah illa ALI,
                La Saif ila Zulfiqar
                ====================

Comment

L-e-A: I would wait and see what the real story is behind the "promotions" of Drs. Qadeer and Ishfaq, specially since it is coming from a government source, although I have the feeling this govt. is rather more transparent than the previous ones. One often gets appointed "special advisor ..." when the establishment (govt. or corporate) wants to sideline somebody important.
                  It maybe the result of in-fighting and jealousies (unfortunately it would not be the first time). I sincerely hope this is not the case but ..., and this happens all over the world, not just in the two-thirds world (otherwise known as third world).
                  CE Musharraf may have had to buckle under the blackmail of IMF etc. I wish we would stop buckling under, tighten our belts seriously, starting from all the feudals, and stand up to these imperialists.

Comment

most u have often said Indians don't count so why worry about them
                    The point is why is the Indian press so OBSESSED by Pakistan, that it has to stoop so low as to print inaccurate stories and outright lies? Does that not show the depth of India's rabid fixation with Pakistan?

Comment

From Today's Jung ................

Dr Qadeer declines govt's offer

By Shakil Shaikh

ISLAMABAD: Outgoing Chairman Khan Research Laboratories Dr. Abdul Qadeer Khan on Tuesday declined the offer of Special Adviser to the Chief Executive on Science and Technology.

"I think there will be no utility of my person as special adviser as some highly respected people like Dr. Attaur Rehman, Zubaida Jalal and Dr. Ashfaq Ahmed are in the government to give good advises to the government," Dr. Khan told The News. Dr Qadeer Khan said: "I am a man of practical, and what kind of advises I can offer to those who have retired me."

Dr Khan and his successor Dr Javed Mirza on Monday attended the Eid milan party hosted by the KRL employees in their honour. Both remained present in the function and exchanged views as normally.

"My services would be found forthcoming as and when the country and its people need it," said Dr Qadeer Khan, who has not yet received any formal offer of Special Adviser from the government.

"I wish General Musharraf should review the decision of sending Dr Khan on retirement at a time when he is fully fit and ready to serve the country," said one of the top Pakistani scientists.

Comment

Working...
                      X