Doom monger press in Pakistan ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doom monger press in Pakistan ??

I got this from a post in the general section about a guy who has been round the world and has a web site sharing his experiences. He had this comment after reading the Dawn english daily in Lahore.

"From reading Dawn newspaper, I come away with a sense of doom and gloom prevailing over Pakistan. Such a shame as the country is filled with kind, helpful people, diverse and stunning landscapes, a strong Islamic faith, outstanding food, rich history and cultures, extremely fertile land and people who genuinely love their country."

Jim Rogers

http://www.jimrogers.com/

I agree 100%.

Pakistanis are never happy with what they have to be thankful for.
    The Press personifies this greatly.
    Heck the job in Pakistan of the press is to poke holes, and not to offer any solutions to fix them.
    Well the dawn does give some solutions.
    The rest just sit around eating tikkas and picking holes in everything the government does.

------------------
    CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
    You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

Even Pervez Musharaff feels the same way...that the media of Pakistan is doom mongering and isn't portraying the reality. I forget the article or newspaper, but Musharaff had commented that media had given a lot of attention to sectarian killings than basant celebrations, recently.

Media will always be like that. How many times have we seen Time magazine's cover saying "Is it the end of the world" for every stock crtash. They do it for every 1000 point crash. Media likes to sensationalize things, because it sells.

Comment

Well the Dawn should cover the secterian violence.
        We can't just sweep it all under the rug.
        This stuff should be covered.
        But there should be a healthy balance of good and bad.
        What is good??
        Well, the IMF was happy with our fulfillment of the condtions.
        Except for the 6% GDP growth which is freaky crazy for a nation with no FDI, a drought and a previous GDP of less than 3.
        Heck even I a economics student can see that is not freaking possible.

------------------
        CROIRE A L'INCROYABLE
        You can't fix stupid. So might as well troll them!

Comment

CM,

good to see you back. kumarkn, Nobody wants to see a whitewash of the news, but the fact is, Pakistani journalists don't reflect the feelings or views of the people. They constantly come across as a bunch of whining intellectuals who live in a cocoon from the rest of the country.

Other nations provide positive feedback as well, because it's no use crying over spilled milk. I think Jim Rogers views reflect the mindset of our journos pretty well. He didn't have an axe to grind and he called it as he saw it.

Comment

Working...
          X