Best Universities in Asia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kumarakn:
    Yesh! will anybody post the ranking od med schools in Asia?

I think AIIMS from Delhi and CMC from Tamil Nadu, should be among the top.
    Do any significant number of students choose to go to the best this or that from one asian country to another?i 'm not talking about exchange students,
    if i know that japan hasbest managemebt school ,how can i be treated fairly coming from different school system from a different country.Ranking in u.s is to attract students as there is stiff competition for 25K /year paying student source of revenue.I dont see any point in ving for position ,when each seat in indian subdized govt.instituionswhich is free attract 100 applications per seat.To the asians its just useless information

------------------

:

When was i for real?
    I am myself a dream
    I always see you
    watching me tenderly

Comment

Sanam, it is not to attract students. The idea of ranking in Asia is to repel unfit students. To tell the "madrassah" trained student not even to dream of studying at IIM(A). (Just kidding). But I know atleast 2 people who did not even apply to IIM(A) (for they knew how they would fare) and they tried for AIM(Phillipines) and got admitted.

On a more serious plane, the purpose of ranking is not to sell yourself and earn fame or make money. It is to measure and know if you can improve your own quality and better yourself. For a true seeker of perfection, there is no need for an external motivation to perfect him/herself, but you need a measure, like the timing of a 100ms run toknow if you can better yourself.

Ever heard of Maslow's 'Hierarchy of human needs'? "At the top of the human system are those people, who are motivated through self-actualization"

Incidentally, Bagavadh Gita (3500 BC) also quotes the same:

"My dear Arjuna, a man who does not follow his prescribed duties (towards his parents, friends, employer, customer, society) certainly leads a life of sin, for a person delighting only in the senses lives in vain.
      (Verse 16)

One who is, however, taking pleasure in the inner-self, who is illuminated in the inner-self, who rejoices in and is satisfied with the personal self only, fully satiated--for him there is no duty.
      (Verse 17)

A self-actualized man has no purpose to fulfill in the discharge of his prescribed duties, nor has he any reason not to perform such work. Nor has he any need to depend on any other living being.
      (Verse 18)

Therefore, without being attached to the fruits of activities, one should act as a matter of duty; for by working without attachment, one attains the Supreme. "
      (Verse 19)

- Chapter 3- Karma-yoga, Bhagavadh Gita
      - Song of God, Hinduism

People at IIM(A) don't work very hard to stay at number one. They work very hard to better their own personal standards. Being number one is just an after-effect. But being number one gives them a measure of their own performance, using which they can continually analyse and improve.

Comment

Originally posted by kumarakn:
        Sanam, it is not to attract students. The idea of ranking in Asia is to repel unfit students. To tell the "madrassah" trained student not even to dream of studying at IIM(A). (Just kidding). But I know atleast 2 people who did not even apply to IIM(A) (for they knew how they would fare) and they tried for AIM(Phillipines) and got admitted.

On a more serious plane, the purpose of ranking is not to sell yourself and earn fame or make money. It is to measure and know if you can improve your own quality and better yourself. For a true seeker of perfection, there is no need for an external motivation to perfect him/herself, but you need a measure, like the timing of a 100ms run toknow if you can better yourself.

Ever heard of Maslow's 'Hierarchy of human needs'? "At the top of the human system are those people, who are motivated through self-actualization"

Incidentally, Bagavadh Gita (3500 BC) also quotes the same:

"My dear Arjuna, a man who does not follow his prescribed duties (towards his parents, friends, employer, customer, society) certainly leads a life of sin, for a person delighting only in the senses lives in vain.
        (Verse 16)

One who is, however, taking pleasure in the inner-self, who is illuminated in the inner-self, who rejoices in and is satisfied with the personal self only, fully satiated--for him there is no duty.
        (Verse 17)

A self-actualized man has no purpose to fulfill in the discharge of his prescribed duties, nor has he any reason not to perform such work. Nor has he any need to depend on any other living being.
        (Verse 18)

Therefore, without being attached to the fruits of activities, one should act as a matter of duty; for by working without attachment, one attains the Supreme. "
        (Verse 19)

- Chapter 3- Karma-yoga, Bhagavadh Gita
        - Song of God, Hinduism

People at IIM(A) don't work very hard to stay at number one. They work very hard to better their own personal standards. Being number one is just an after-effect. But being number one gives them a measure of their own performance, using which they can continually analyse and improve.
        kumar,
        Your Mesurement index will never be standardised & will be arbitirary for India good among indians only.

The 100 miles race e.g. is erroneous ,clock distance is constant standard universally
        .Dont even compare from the fact that if you get admitted in mit or harvard you will graduate ,If u do not graduate what diff it makes whether its harvard or not ,What im saying michael chrichtien,bill gates,allen of apple & many sucessfull briliant ppl. NEVEr benefitted from full course of these touted system & proved successfull just on there own ,Besides if you take top 10 percentile of the best graded ppl. there is no credit that your score rate is better b/c they were better before they came to your institution.Its all false index & defenitely false factors attributed to cause & result data,What is due to which ,all unstandardised without double blind study &statistically in insignificant with wide margin of possibility to with stand universal scrutiny,.Of course you can do whatyeve you want with youir indian students ,make them 1 or 2 nd who cares its asmong yourself.
        Have you heard of any measurement in terms of SPECIFICITY &SENSITIVITY<??

have you heard of emotional quotient .E.Q. is better predictor of success than i.q. which is high among crazy ppl.like ted kacynsky ,forgetfull prof.unable to take care of themselves & geeks unable to relate to family or friends

There is lot more to life than"education" as defined by indians which essentially pure academic pursuit without imagination,creativity ,articulation communications ,adventure risk taking organizing &leadership,

Good luck with book learning & saraswati godess may her inspiraion have you writing poetry at 5 yrs age

------------------

:

When was i for real?
        I am myself a dream
        I always see you
        watching me tenderly

[This message has been edited by sanam (edited March 06, 2001).]

Comment

Working...
        X