Best Universities in Asia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Universities in Asia

I was really surprised to see throuh a suvey conducted on the best universities in Asia. India held 5 top universities out of 10! A real achievment...

Pakistan comes in at 20, with National University of Science And Technology at Rawalpindi. and GIK coming in at 23.

check the link out!
    http://www.asiaweek.com/asiaweek/fea.../index.html#10

Why are Australia and New Zealand included in the list for Asia's list?

Not to downplay the ranking achieved by any university, but the system adopted here is a bit misleading, which is why its not used. The best way to rank institutions is by departments.

It is possible for a university to have 2 splendid departments and 10 awful departments. But those 10 awful ones would drop that university down in the ratings. Hence its a bit misleading. Because when a person joins a university, they go for a specific field...not generic studies.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Akif:

Maybe because Australia is a different continent than Asia.. this is hilarious question, akif..

Not to downplay the ranking achieved by any university, but the system adopted here is a bit misleading, which is why its not used. The best way to rank institutions is by departments.

Possible.. but that is too much work. Good data may not be available. Indian govt was trying to rank its unversities and various departments. Lot of vested interests against that.

Comment

ZZ...I once regarded u as a true debator. Now youre right there with the rest of them.....just another indian on a pakistani forum looking to pick on a point and put the 'damn pakistani' down.

Should have read the link, or my post, and u would have known what I said.

The list is for ASIA'S best universities. Now why would Australia (another country in another continent) be included in the list of ASIA'S best universities?

Comment

did i read it wrong? sorry..

Comment

These are technical institutes, so obviously all the IITs will figure in the list. Actually I was surprised that IISc (Bangalore) was not in the list -- or was it ? It is supposed to be better than all the IITs.

I guess in MBA, IIM (Ahmedabad) is the best in Asia -- that is a great achivement I feel.

Comment

Yes, what happened to IISC Ahmeadabad, Bangalore, lucknow etc..?

Comment

All I can say is that these figures are very
                misleading. I found most article on this TimeASIA magazine site incorrect and they don't trully tell the accurate facts.
                There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the end the sword will always be conquered by the spirit. --Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

http://www.asiaweek.com/asiaweek/fea...eputation.html

Business school rankings!

Rank School Average Rating
                  1 Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad 3.74
                  2 NUS Business School (National University of Singapore) 3.71
                  3 Asian Institute of Management (Philippines) 3.59
                  4 Melbourne Business School 3.56
                  5 Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore 3.29
                  6 College of Business Administration (Seoul National University) 3.28
                  7 Sasin Graduate Institute of Business and Administration (Chulalongkorn University, Thailand) 3.22
                  8 Chinese University of Hong Kong 3.13
                  9 Nanyang Business School (Nanyang Technological University, Singapore) 3.04
                  10 Graduate School of Management (International University of Japan) 2.91
                  11 University of Hong Kong School of Business 2.84
                  12 Waseda University Graduate School of Asia Pacific Studies (Japan) 2.82
                  13 China Europe International Business School (China) 2.81
                  14 School of Management (Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand) 2.80
                  15 Macquarie Graduate School of Management (Australia) 2.74
                  16 Monash Mount Eliza Business School (Australia) 2.71
                  17 College of Commerce (National Cheng-chi University, Taiwan) 2.64
                  18 Graduate School of Management (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) 2.62
                  19 Faculty of Commerce (Hitotsubashi University, Japan) 2.61
                  20 School of Management (Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay) 2.53
                  21 City University of Hong Kong 2.46
                  22 Graduate School of Management (University of Queensland, Australia) 2.45
                  23 Lahore University of Management Sciences (Pakistan) 2.44
                  24 College of Business Administration (University of the Philippines) 2.38
                  25 College of Management (National Taiwan University of Science & Technology) 2.38
                  26 School of Management (RMIT University, Australia) 2.37
                  27 Graduate School of Business (University of Technology Sydney) 2.29
                  28 Birla Institute of Technology and Science (India) 2.21
                  29 Graduate School of Business (De La Salle University, Philippines) 2.21
                  30 Brisbane Graduate School of Business (Queensland University of Technology, Australia) 2.19
                  31 Graduate School of Management (University of Adelaide, Australia) 2.19
                  32 Faculty of Business and Accountancy (University of Malaya) 2.19
                  33 Graduate School of Business (Curtin University of Technology, Australia) 2.18
                  34 T. A. Pai Management Institute, Manipal (India) 2.17
                  35 Institute of Business Administration (University of Dhaka) 2.16
                  36 School of International Politics, Economics and Business (Aoyama Gakuin University, Japan) 2.16
                  37 Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (India) 2.13
                  38 International Management Institute (India) 2.04
                  39 University of Waikato Management School (New Zealand) 1.95
                  40 International Graduate School of Management (University of South Australia) 1.92
                  41 Bharathidasan Institute of Management (India) 1.90
                  42 Malaysian Graduate School of Management (Universiti Putra Malaysia) 1.89
                  43 Universiti Sains Malaysia School of Management 1.88
                  44 College of Economics and Management (Chungnam National University, South Korea) 1.88
                  45 Graduate School of Business (Ritsumeikan University, Japan) 1.78
                  46 Mahanakorn University of Technology (Thailand) 1.73
                  47 School of Business and Administration (Open University of Hong Kong) 1.70
                  48 B. K. School of Business Management (Gujarat University, India) 1.60
                  49 College of Graduate Study in Management (Khon Kaen University, Thailand) 1.59
                  50 Shaheed Zulfikar Ali Bhutto Institute of Science and Technology (Pakistan)

The following shcools from India and Pakistan chose NOT to participate in the analysis.

India: Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta, Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode, Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow, Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research.

Pakistan: Karachi University

[This message has been edited by kumarakn (edited March 01, 2001).]

Comment

Originally posted by Akif:

It is possible for a university to have 2 splendid departments and 10 awful departments. But those 10 awful ones would drop that university down in the ratings. Hence its a bit misleading. Because when a person joins a university, they go for a specific field...not generic studies.
                    Arrey .. this is an Asia Pacific survery. Got the answer to your doubt?

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by ZZ:
                      Originally posted by Akif:

Maybe because Australia is a different continent than Asia.. this is hilarious question, akif..

Possible.. but that is too much work. Good data may not be available. Indian govt was trying to rank its unversities and various departments. Lot of vested interests against that.
                      I feel the same way now about ZZ! I thought of him as a guppy who provides a valid arguement but usually now his arguement is only to show Pakistan and Pakistanis down!

Comment

Alibeta and Akif:

Chill out! ZZ just misread Akif's question. He thought Akif was asking, why is NOT autralia and NZ included.

Just relax. He is saner than most of us here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudra:
                          Arrey .. this is an Asia Pacific survery. Got the answer to your doubt?
                          Rudra...it clearly says 'Asia's best Universities'. Nowhere did i find a mention of Asia pacific. Anyway, i agree, this is not worth splitting hair on.

Comment

what about Agha Khan Univeristy?..
                            I think its the top medical school in pakistan ..

------------------
                            Yarooo mein bara pareshan ek larki jawaaan
                            Hai woh barii shaitaan mujhay kar gayi hairaan
                            Kaisay karoun inkaar wo jo karaing Izhaar

Comment

Yesh! will anybody post the ranking od med schools in Asia?

I think AIIMS from Delhi and CMC from Tamil Nadu, should be among the top.

Comment

Working...
                              X