WET SITE - HOW MUCH HAS COME? CAN ANYONE HONESTLY TELL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WET SITE - HOW MUCH HAS COME? CAN ANYONE HONESTLY TELL

During Benazir second tenure the then Federal Minister started changing colours of express trains. First was Tezgam. The second probably Karachi Express. When asked for the Minister told the new colours would motivate ticketless passengers to buy tickets. How many ticketless purchased tickets there is no record but in railway record is available that paint factory of brother of said minister got enough paint supply orders.

Last year with much fanfare and on appreciable expense an internet web site for National Savings was established. The Minister inaugurating it as is habit of ministers claimed it will increase inflow of investment to national savings from overseas Pakistanis. [A huge is being spent to revolutionize with i.technology and small towns are being connected with internet completing forgetting in next 15/20 years only those countries would be independent who have surplus food of their own and export of food would be another new IMF/Word Bank/GATT. West is simultaneously developing agriculture, we are spending most on purchase of so-called i.technology and are expecting our small town farmers to do e-commerce while those poor even do not have a small bank account for 24 hours a day electricity). {I addressed a very important government office on email. I was replied, not through email but throuw postmail that my letter was un-signed – so what is worth equipping offices with interet],

Inflow comes through web sites or by making beautiful buildings or by ministers with huge pre-planned cameras/journalists welcoming incoming overseas Pakistanis on one flight or inflow comes through confidence of investor in schemes namely non reduction of periodically profits as is happening now, changing terms & conditions (like increase of penalty on encashment etc) at least advisers of government cannot understand. Pir Sahib Pagara recently very correctly stated advisers of government themselves need services of advisers.

|The other day officials of Multan Division National Savings stated this year they are far below the target fixed and they have attributed this mainly to “reduction in profits and new penalties on encashment”.

Can Director General National Savings or any other authority having true conscious tell this national how much increase in inflow of new investment in national savings schemes have come due to this expense on creation of web site.

[email protected]

21 February 2001

Concerned government department will never ever give answer to such questions. It is written on the wall. You can bet with me Rs. 73 because I only have this much

Comment

Working...
    X