Former Pak Minister threatens suicide unless Pakistan debts are cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Former Pak Minister threatens suicide unless Pakistan debts are cancelled

A former minister J Salik on Sunday announced he will commit suicide in one year if he fails in his campaign for his country's foreign debts to be written off. "I will pursue the campaign for one year and if I do not succeed, I will take a cup of poison on February 26, 2001 in front of the World Bank headquarters," J Salik told a press conference in Islamabad.

ROFL. This is hilarious!!

Bye the bye it is tomorrow, not an year away.

[This message has been edited by kumarakn (edited February 25, 2001).]

Comment

i think he should be locked up or put in an insane asylum right now and thus saving ourselves some embarassment..

[This message has been edited by nomaan (edited February 25, 2001).]

Comment

sheikh chilli...

the source of this highly classified garbage?

Comment

u wanna know the source...just read up today's (your very own ....) DAWN

By the way, its in the BREAKING NEWS section.
          I didn't know they had "classified garbage" in there !!

[This message has been edited by chilli (edited February 25, 2001).]

Comment

Well, right now its nowhere to be found in Dawn, or any other newspaper. I'll give u credit and wont say u made it up, but it more than obvious that 'someone' made this item up, which is why it didnt appear in any other newspaper. I would guess indian papers would have jumped at such an item.

So its safe to say that this was indeed 'garbage'....and yes, NO newspaper in the world is exempted from carrying garbage every one in a while.

Comment

trust the haroon`s to publish this kind of crap.no wonder dawn is one of the ****tiest papers around these days.

as for salik,this guy is a moron.you know when he was first elected,he used to come to the assembly on a scooter to impress people with his humility or whatever.3 years later,he's got 2 intercoolers parked in his defence home in lahore.not to mention a bunch of homes that he`s rented out.people always blame us of being hard with the minority's but when you have morons like this guy representing the minority district,then you have no other choice.

by the way,if anyone stops this punk from commiting suicide,ill personally send my people from my village to kick their ass.

though im bettin ya,he`s gonna do what benazir made famous,make a threat,and withdraw it 48 hrs later saying he was talked out of it due to the greater interest of the ppl blah blah blah.

pity they`re all chicken ****s.

Comment

Link to the story. Samwonline is a pakistani ISP. http://samwonline.com/samwonline/latest.asp?CodeID=3181

Comment

its a true story.. i read it somewhere online a day or two earlier before it was posted here...

[This message has been edited by nomaan (edited February 26, 2001).]

Comment

Its a true story. I read it on dawn's website, in the section where they provide breaking news. (before the ad and the details section)

Comment

This is exactly why Pakistan is in the situation its in. We don't need ppl. this stupid in the government.

Comment

hope the poison he is going to drink is
                        adulterated and survive to pay he debt

Comment

what was this guy smoking when he said this. I believe this is one of the most stupidest things that i have ever heard..

Comment

Working...
                          X